Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Reason Overpricing on the GTN is a Problem

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Reason Overpricing on the GTN is a Problem

curulz
09.27.2017 , 04:20 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEnrique View Post
Sorry for not replying sooner (been devasted over what's happening in Puerto Rico), some of the post I laughed at cause they go on about me talking about my personal life when the reality is I'm just giving an example and trying to help people understand so thanks for the laugh on that..
When you provide that level of detail, expect people to take shots. An example would be "i'm grinding for a second set of X for a friend". but you went into his job, your personal life, your ups and downs, etc. None of which helped illustrate the point you were trying to make. If you found humor in it, then great. But something tells me that isn't what you were going for....more along the lines of sympathy

DarthEnrique
09.27.2017 , 04:37 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by curulz View Post
When you provide that level of detail, expect people to take shots. An example would be "i'm grinding for a second set of X for a friend". but you went into his job, your personal life, your ups and downs, etc. None of which helped illustrate the point you were trying to make. If you found humor in it, then great. But something tells me that isn't what you were going for....more along the lines of sympathy
Eh, whatever, I know what I intended and that's all that matters in the end. You can believe what you want, I wasn't looking for sympathy. That's not something that's given on this forum, look at how many people got upset of Theron Shan being the traitor, myself included, and people's lack of empathy that yet another love interest was taken away but hey believe what you will. I know my intentions, whether people believe that that's on them. Not my problem.
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

SteveTheCynic
09.28.2017 , 09:50 AM | #63
I know my intentions, whether people believe that that's on them. Not my problem.
Yeah, but if you don't communicate your intentions clearly, you shouldn't be surprised when people misinterpret them. I'm not saying that you *deserve* such misinterpretation, just that it's likely to happen and therefore you shouldn't be surprised by it. Hmm. So it *is* your problem, or at least it's on you to fix it, because something *you* did set it off.

So your intention was to talk about your theories about the pricing on the GTN. That's fine. But it that's your intention, why cloud the issue with all that detail about your friend? It's liable to make people think that you wanted to flaunt your great relationship with this guy in front of us, and if they don't think that, they don't want to wade through a bunch of irrelevant verbiage. (And the people who think that are likely to also be hostile to the idea of reading it.)

Sure, it's great that you have a good friend and all, but does that help us understand your problems? No. All you had to say was, as the other poster said, "I'm grinding for a second set to help out a friend, and I see that there are X, Y, and Z problems caused by the GTN pricing."

In the end, the *interesting* part of what you have to say is X, Y, and Z, and even the friend and the second copy have only limited interest. Yes, I get that you are also comparing how it is now to how it was when you got your copy. That's cool. And the "for a friend" part explains why you're even bothering grinding out a second copy. But the wider description of the relationship does not help us understand that.

I'm sure that you can dig in my posting history and find me talking about certain things in my personal life and how they have touched my interactions with the game. The difference is that I only mention them as explanations of why certain things happened the way they did, partly because talking about them is painful, and partly because it doesn't add to what I'm saying (and might even take away from it) at other times.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

DarthEnrique
09.28.2017 , 12:38 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Yeah, but if you don't communicate your intentions clearly, you shouldn't be surprised when people misinterpret them. I'm not saying that you *deserve* such misinterpretation, just that it's likely to happen and therefore you shouldn't be surprised by it. Hmm. So it *is* your problem, or at least it's on you to fix it, because something *you* did set it off.

So your intention was to talk about your theories about the pricing on the GTN. That's fine. But it that's your intention, why cloud the issue with all that detail about your friend? It's liable to make people think that you wanted to flaunt your great relationship with this guy in front of us, and if they don't think that, they don't want to wade through a bunch of irrelevant verbiage. (And the people who think that are likely to also be hostile to the idea of reading it.)

Sure, it's great that you have a good friend and all, but does that help us understand your problems? No. All you had to say was, as the other poster said, "I'm grinding for a second set to help out a friend, and I see that there are X, Y, and Z problems caused by the GTN pricing."

In the end, the *interesting* part of what you have to say is X, Y, and Z, and even the friend and the second copy have only limited interest. Yes, I get that you are also comparing how it is now to how it was when you got your copy. That's cool. And the "for a friend" part explains why you're even bothering grinding out a second copy. But the wider description of the relationship does not help us understand that.

I'm sure that you can dig in my posting history and find me talking about certain things in my personal life and how they have touched my interactions with the game. The difference is that I only mention them as explanations of why certain things happened the way they did, partly because talking about them is painful, and partly because it doesn't add to what I'm saying (and might even take away from it) at other times.
Pretty sure I clarified it here:
Snip
they go on about me talking about my personal life when the reality is I'm just giving an example and trying to help people understand...
While yes I was pointing out I was laughing at them it was a laugh I needed under current circumstances in the real world and dealing with the impact a natural disaster is having on a place where my family from my father side comes from I genuinely appreciated the laugh regardless if it wasn't meant to make me laugh or not.
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

Johrun
10.07.2017 , 08:09 AM | #65
I understand CM matters to this game's income, but powers that be have pushed their luck with us too much and low supply is becoming more of a deterent to players, rather than an incentive to buy more randomness crates from CM/farm credits to buy from GTN. Direct sale options have been humble lately, especially with some older armors.

Thruine
10.07.2017 , 09:38 AM | #66
Even if I have the money to buy something, I usually can't part with it for a single item. It just goes against my nature. And I've stopped buying packs some time back since its stuff I don't want or like so I just gain more money I won't spend. I don't see a method of bringing this back down to some resemblance of reality as that ship has clearly sailed. Best thing to do if you think things are too costly is just not participate. I'd so much rather the packs actually have something I'd want rather than put it up for sale since I am willing to spend the money. But week after week terrible items to gamble on doesn't cut it when I won't even spend fake money.

If they really wanted to make a good healthy economy, the packs should be filled with stuff people wouldn't want to part with. These prices are just a reflection of how they once had something people wanted. Now they're selling stuff no one wants for the money to buy what they do leaving EA/BioWare with untold amounts of actual cash they could be making if they'd think back to why people might gamble on packs. I can't remember the last time I saw something in one and thought how cool it looked. Better quality and faster returns of popular items would have the action in the store instead of the GTN.

GTN is just the home of packs instead of stuff you didn't want. I'm not surprised they sell for so high after just getting a huge disappointment after huge disappointment thanks to RNG. Last ones I did buy were solely to sale on the GTN as a method of turning real life cash into in game credits. The GTN would probably empty out if they just sold credits in the store. But i guess that's a no no. Now the things people really want are priced so high because these so much junk allowing people to afford such asking prices. Something that cost as high as some things should be evergreen products since the whole purpose shouldn't be to make in game billionaires but support for the game. I don't even know how a virtual store can have so little store space to not have everything continually for sale.

If they won't change that then make the items craftable since people want the items and there's a market for them to make serious credits on the GTN. I'm not sure when's the last time they added new recipes. If EA/BioWare isn't wanting to make money then open it to a wider base. But they seem to like how the GTN is going so just sigh and move on I guess.

AlrikFassbauer
10.08.2017 , 07:08 AM | #67
I never saw the GTN "to make serius money". To me, that was always more like a garage sale. Lots of individuals individually selling their stuff there.

So, since those who want "to make serious money" took over (often via mass-produced items), the GTN lost its taste for me. I almost never sell there anymore, anbd buy only from the cheapest range what I want.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.