Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Merc/Mando/Ops/Scoundrel Healers Nerfed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Merc/Mando/Ops/Scoundrel Healers Nerfed

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
09.28.2017 , 11:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
...It's about the classes ability to keep people alive without having to stop and cast,...
So name those sorc spells that you don't have to stop and cast, and you can use over and over because one cast is not enough to do anything.

Name the spells, stop dodging.

You are the one who has clearly NOT PvPed with both classes.

Perhaps you are a PvE healer?

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
09.28.2017 , 11:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
You are the one who has clearly NOT PvPed with both classes.

Perhaps you are a PvE healer?
How many games played would you think it takes for a healer to be considered "experienced"?

Lemme know, then I'll school you with some facts.
The Harbinger
Imps: <Stop Resisting> Bleloch (Sorc heals), Ble (Merc heals), Beloch (Op heals)
Pubs: <Premades Ruin PvP> Friartuck (Sage heals), Baskit (Mando heals)
Plz buff Sorc! | Never Give Up! | Huttball Tightrope | Get'em All | The 9th Man

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
09.28.2017 , 11:48 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
How many games played would you think it takes for a healer to be considered "experienced"?

Lemme know, then I'll school you with some facts.
Facts?

Still waiting on those "high mobility sorc abilities", you could start there.

The real fact is that:
  1. People see sorc channel while moving and declare "high mobility" but in reality that ONE spell has a cooldown so it is not that effective
  2. People don't interrupt sorcs when casting and then claim sorc is OP; or they interrupt the channel and then have no interrupt when the sorc stops and casts a big heal

Meanwhile the OP healer is running and farming UH with instant cast, no CD, HoTs and then burning UH to instant cast no CD heals. That's mobility.

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
09.28.2017 , 11:56 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Facts?

Still waiting on those "high mobility sorc abilities", you could start there.

The real fact is that:
  1. People see sorc channel while moving and declare "high mobility" but in reality that ONE spell has a cooldown so it is not that effective
  2. People don't interrupt sorcs when casting and then claim sorc is OP; or they interrupt the channel and then have no interrupt when the sorc stops and casts a big heal

Meanwhile the OP healer is running and farming UH with instant cast, no CD, HoTs and then burning UH to instant cast no CD heals. That's mobility.
How many games played would you think it takes for a healer to be considered "experienced"?

Still waiting.
The Harbinger
Imps: <Stop Resisting> Bleloch (Sorc heals), Ble (Merc heals), Beloch (Op heals)
Pubs: <Premades Ruin PvP> Friartuck (Sage heals), Baskit (Mando heals)
Plz buff Sorc! | Never Give Up! | Huttball Tightrope | Get'em All | The 9th Man

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
09.28.2017 , 11:58 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
How many games played would you think it takes for a healer to be considered "experienced"?

Still waiting.
Well, clearly you are dodging, and since from your ID are not a long term player, I have put you on my ignore.

Bye!

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
09.28.2017 , 12:02 PM | #26
Take your ball and go home. Mkay, got it. Epic strats.

In reality, I think you know what comes after you answer that question. If it's a reasonable number, I'll have thousands of more games played than that, if its not, you'll look stupid. Then I'll ask for your games played on your healer, and you wont have any or it will be <500 or something. Then I'll laugh at you and its possible my spittle will land on your lip.

Consider yourself owned, have a seat, son.

I'll let some other healers come here and also tell you are wrong (since some healers besides myself have already done so).
The Harbinger
Imps: <Stop Resisting> Bleloch (Sorc heals), Ble (Merc heals), Beloch (Op heals)
Pubs: <Premades Ruin PvP> Friartuck (Sage heals), Baskit (Mando heals)
Plz buff Sorc! | Never Give Up! | Huttball Tightrope | Get'em All | The 9th Man

Elusive_Thing's Avatar


Elusive_Thing
09.28.2017 , 03:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Name one heal the sorc has, THAT DOSENT HAVE A COOLDOWN, that can be cast while moving.
Without CD, none apart from Barrier which has a cooldown of sorts. However, Sorcs can easily chain a number of heals on the move and even while using Phasewalk. On top of that, two heals proc a smaller, free and instant heal. Sorcs are more mobile, I am not quite sure how there is a discussion about this.

Edit: Though you are right, Innervate is not interrupted often enough.

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
09.28.2017 , 03:32 PM | #28
I must be playing my sorc heal wrong then, because I tend to live longer and put out higher healing with my operative healer. Maybe HoTs playstyle is just more of my thing, while also being quite slippery to pin down.

Although, I'll have to say that I'd prefer Sorc in an arena any day of the week.

Maybe they're both situational.....

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
09.28.2017 , 03:36 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
Without CD, none apart from Barrier which has a cooldown of sorts. However, Sorcs can easily chain a number of heals on the move and even while using Phasewalk. On top of that, two heals proc a smaller, free and instant heal. Sorcs are more mobile, I am not quite sure how there is a discussion about this.

Edit: Though you are right, Innervate is not interrupted often enough.
Name the heals on the move.

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
09.28.2017 , 03:47 PM | #30
I will help you all on these sorc spells that can be cast on the move:
1. The HoT which doesn't stack and has a CD
2. The channeled heal which costs a utility and has a CD
3. The barrier which has a debuff and a CD
4. The cure which has a CD

All have some kind of cooldown or other reason that makes recasting pointless.

You cannot keep someone alive with just that, even with guard, without, lol dead.

After 4-5 seconds you have to stop to cast a no-movement heal.

Sorc healer mobility is a myth