Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTFE : Chapter 4 "Gravestone" help please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
KOTFE : Chapter 4 "Gravestone" help please

Stormdas
07.22.2017 , 10:40 AM | #1
Kotfe Chapter 4 : The Gravestone

After killing swamp rancor, quest step is talk to HK-55.
is not a companion, not in list of companion and no where on map (tried everywhere including on the gravestone) quest cannot progress.

Have reset mission multiple times, redone whole map a few times, and there is no HK-55 unit anywhere (including in companion main characters)

Have searched and appears from other walkthroughs he is supposed to be companion but cannot locate.
Stuck, please help

----
Please note only main character in list is Marr (not even Lana showing up in there)
My "guess" is something to do with running through free trial of chapter 1 before sub to get all. Since now have 2 trackers for the quest. Has happened to anyone else?

ImmortalLowlife
07.22.2017 , 12:02 PM | #2
Is this the mission where you have Koth as your companion? After you kill the rancor, you have to exit that instance and look for a group of 3 (IIRC) tents. There will be a blue clickable item that'll start the conversation with HK.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Stormdas
07.22.2017 , 01:21 PM | #3
This is right at the beggining, supposed to start with HK-55 as companion (within followers listing) and was not there at all.

resets did nothing
zoning in/out, transporting did nothing.

replayed story 1 on tutorial mode, and now HK-55 showed up. However when in same chapter Lana "supposed" to be temporary companion, is not there. Not in listing either. Really getting annoying HEHE

denavin
07.22.2017 , 01:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormdas View Post
This is right at the beggining, supposed to start with HK-55 as companion (within followers listing) and was not there at all.

resets did nothing
zoning in/out, transporting did nothing.

replayed story 1 on tutorial mode, and now HK-55 showed up. However when in same chapter Lana "supposed" to be temporary companion, is not there. Not in listing either. Really getting annoying HEHE
For the first 9 chapters you do not get to choose which companion to use. The chapter will choose for you so stop looking at your companions expecting to find them there.
Play the chapter, read the prompts, listen to the dialog and watch the cut scenes and low and behold you will find the answer to your questions.

Just LOOK and you will find that in which you seek....
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Stormdas
07.22.2017 , 02:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
For the first 9 chapters you do not get to choose which companion to use. The chapter will choose for you so stop looking at your companions expecting to find them there.
Play the chapter, read the prompts, listen to the dialog and watch the cut scenes and low and behold you will find the answer to your questions.

Just LOOK and you will find that in which you seek....
I have been looking. is not a case of "i want companion X" is a case of the questline requires companion X to allow it to proceed. Chapter 4 : Gravestone requires first HK-55 in order to pass by "talk to HK-55" and was not getting them as part mission (supposed to become follower) was no where to be found, then after doing other stuff trying to get it to work. poof, that one appeared at start of chapter 4.

Now stuck trying to trigger lana to show up for another "talk to X" part of quest. Completed chap 3 solo since she never showed, and now chap 4 she not showing and is part of the questline to talk to her.

Sharkhonn
07.22.2017 , 08:45 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormdas View Post
I have been looking. is not a case of "i want companion X" is a case of the questline requires companion X to allow it to proceed. Chapter 4 : Gravestone requires first HK-55 in order to pass by "talk to HK-55" and was not getting them as part mission (supposed to become follower) was no where to be found, then after doing other stuff trying to get it to work. poof, that one appeared at start of chapter 4.

Now stuck trying to trigger lana to show up for another "talk to X" part of quest. Completed chap 3 solo since she never showed, and now chap 4 she not showing and is part of the questline to talk to her.
All you have to do is follow the map. There is a quest icon on your map telling you where to go. Once you get to that area it will go to a cut scene with Lana.

Stormdas
07.22.2017 , 09:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharkhonn View Post
All you have to do is follow the map. There is a quest icon on your map telling you where to go. Once you get to that area it will go to a cut scene with Lana.
Chapter 3 that is true. that is how i solo it without her showing up

Chapter 4 there is quest AFTER doing the 3 water things where she shows for cut-scene, where you kill rancor. then the quest is "Talk to Lana" without her as follower cannot talk to or get cut-scene without her showing up.

Stormdas
07.23.2017 , 11:08 AM | #8
Just an update :
Sub ongoing at this time

Character One > did free trial chapter 1 of KOTFE prior to sub.
Cannot get Lana in chapter 3 or chapter 4, and no Lana in chapter 4 means stuck and cannot pass point where "need to talk to her"
Have attempted to reset missions, repair/reinstall game, etc. still is continually reintroducing "Chap 1" from ship, and chap 1 to 2 transition does not work correctly for this char.

Character Two > did not do the trial before sub. Has transitioned through chapter 1-6 no problem, all companions showing as expected/required for missions.

Moving to bug report...

Stormdas
07.23.2017 , 02:14 PM | #9
Final Update :

raise in-game support ticket.
they responded within a couple hours (was not monitoring was doing RL stuff)

they checked account, and then went and activated her so i could complete chapter.

just in case others encounter same issue (since i couldnt find anything)

GeneralKJ
09.28.2017 , 10:18 AM | #10
I have the same problem as above and I too did chapter 1 as the trial before subbing, I eventually got HK-55 to appear but am now also struggling with Lana, did anyone else find a workaround or is submitting a ticket still the only option?