Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why don't people want to do stuff!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why don't people want to do stuff!?

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
09.28.2017 , 05:08 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by devilkat View Post
This is exactly why I don't do group content anymore. I got asked a couple of times back when you actually needed a group to do FPs and joined up. I had never done them before, and a couple of them were jerks about me wanting to listen to the mission and figure out what I was suppose to do. I finished them, but after the second or third time, I decided to not do group content anymore. As you say, its suppose to be fun and having some jerk tell you "space bar is your friend" 80 times gets annoying and is a real turn off. Now, since I haven't done a lot of group play, I don't even try to join up, even with a guild because I don't want to be the one who makes us lose. I'd like to try WBs and stuff, but I don' t know if I could and I wouldn't want to hurt the rest of them.
The people at least on Harbinger can be real jerks to, I put most of my toons from JC and put them on Harbinger because of more people. But most people are ******y(didn't use the cuss word) and don't even bother to help other people. No good Guilds, they want me to devote my life to them and worship what they do almost 24/7. I did Umbara once, and i haven't done Fp's and Op's in almost 2 years, some idiots don't understand that, and i didn't want to do Umbara as i have told people, first time was with 2 good people, the 2nd time with severe lag and glitching i messed the whole Fp up.

I should have probably gone back to JC, but my cousin also plays this a lot to. Now, i dodn't like this game as much again because of the pathetic whinny people on Harbinger. Me and my Cousin have Rel Lives, and we do have emergenies on almost a daily basis, we take care of our families. Stupid not just kids but also Adults need to learn about life and face it, because they can't when they are playing this 24/7 and expect me and otherd to worship their damned Guild. Im very up front and say i'm older now and won't do that junk.

I just want to group up with good people from whatever server, Re-learn to do Fp's and Ops for CXP. Me and my family is too busy to do other things. I want a Friendly Guild. I do help others also when i can. I think that is very important.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

Nefla's Avatar


Nefla
09.28.2017 , 05:36 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
That's also what drew me into the game. Of course story stuff is running dry now so I find myself doing other stuff.

As an aside I hate the word "content", I like "stuff" better.
Yeah this year has been incredibly dry and disappointing when it comes to story. The only reason I haven't unsubscribed is because my non-gamer friend decided she finally wanted to play SWtOR so I'm playing through the class stories and planetary questlines with her.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
09.28.2017 , 06:15 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMizrahi View Post
Why doesn't anyone wasnt to do anything in this game? I spent 2 years server hopping looking for a server where people actually do stuff! Every server I went to where I tried to run an operation, a flashpoint, or even group pvp, people reacted like I had ten heads. About after a month I was on almost everyone's ignore list and I don't spam chat. No wonder this game is dying!
Wow I mean what server are you on?? I have been on 3 servers and in all people were grouping up for stuff.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
09.28.2017 , 08:56 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
They originally made SWtOR like any single player BioWare game but with 8 separate stories and then continued making single player story expansions. That's the stuff I play for. If it had been like any other MMO I'd never have played it since that kind of thing is not interesting or appealing to me in the slightest.
Same here. The fact that I could play the game solo and enjoy the story are really the reasons I started playing. I've no interest in raids, PvP and the like.

MasterMizrahi's Avatar


MasterMizrahi
09.28.2017 , 09:53 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
"Why Don't People Want To Do Stuff?"

That does seem to be the question that everybody would like an answer to.

Well hows this one....

The reason many people DO NOT group is:

In the amount of time it would take to get 4 people together into a group to do a Flashpoint of ANY difficulty...
You could have done EVERY H2 in the game solo!

Thus, NOBODY wants to group. Because it simply takes too long to form a group. Then once you finaly do, you will ALWAYS get some arshole in the group that will destroy everybody's enjoyment just because that is how they get their jolly's.

I like to play the story, so I watch the cut scenes, even if I have seen them a thousand times before, its all part of the story and my enjoyment of playing Star Wars. I am not here to do "Production Line Zone Clearing" or "Get it Over With Quick Because it Hurts" style of play.

I Play this game to HAVE FUN!
Not to increase my STRESS level.

Try to remember that this is a GAME that you play for Enjoyment. It is a FANTASY that allows you to Play either the Villain or the Hero. You get to fly in space and walk on bridges made of LIGHT. You can use a Magical Power called the Force. You are a Master at combat, the Hero, be it LS or DS to your people.

So please take life a little slower, sit back and look around, smell the flowers and try to lower your Heart Rate.
That heart attack you could have from over stress will be all TOO real.
I find fps ,ops, heroics etc, fun that's why I'm complaining

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
09.28.2017 , 09:57 AM | #56
Not quite sure what server you're on OP, but Harb isn't going to be one you can't do any of those things. Even though it's slowed down. You can still get groups for Ops, WZ, FPs, and Uprisings in Fleet chat, both sides. Or just queue up although sometimes that takes longer & depends on what you queue for.

So not sure what servers you've been too or what time frames you're playing on but Harbinger hasn't done that to you. lol
Also like others stated a decent guild would be the best for a social player like you.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!