Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Type "+" if you think these classes need buffs to their defenses.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Type "+" if you think these classes need buffs to their defenses.

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
09.25.2017 , 12:52 PM | #21
Merc's ability to stand in the fight is broke af. If you don't think it is, you're cucking dumb.

Snipers are also over-tuned defensively.

Ranged should be about taking a good postition and having some LIGHT reactive defensive measures and escape abilities.

oli-fynnobi's Avatar


oli-fynnobi
09.25.2017 , 01:31 PM | #22
#nerfjuggs
Navush, Apex Juggernaut
<All-Star Sync Squad>
Support me for playing Jugg DPS in 2k17: http://www.swtor.com/r/gVQY6L

LeglessChair's Avatar


LeglessChair
09.25.2017 , 04:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Azheon View Post
we all know annihilation, carnage specs of mara are very squishy and need buff to their defenses.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Eternal Vanguard Obidion, Powertech on Fire
Clickbait

Azheon's Avatar


Azheon
09.25.2017 , 04:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LeglessChair View Post
so tell me why 90% of the maras in arenas play fury, instead of annihilation or carnage? because of they love fury or others have worse defenses? carnage and annihilation at least need an immunity like fury has.
my refferal link : http://www.swtor.com/r/ll7f8S

LeglessChair's Avatar


LeglessChair
09.25.2017 , 06:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Azheon View Post
so tell me why 90% of the maras in arenas play fury, instead of annihilation or carnage? because of they love fury or others have worse defenses? carnage and annihilation at least need an immunity like fury has.
I don't think they should be lumped in the same category as the other classes you mentioned. Furthermore, I've seen plenty of anni maras do fine and I've seen carn maras perform well. Granted, I imagine it's harder to do well than with merc or sniper.
Eternal Vanguard Obidion, Powertech on Fire
Clickbait

yellow_'s Avatar


yellow_
09.25.2017 , 07:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Azheon View Post
so tell me why 90% of the maras in arenas play fury, instead of annihilation or carnage? because of they love fury or others have worse defenses? carnage and annihilation at least need an immunity like fury has.
all the marauder specs are good in solo ranked and none of them need buffs

fury is just the most common because it's a bit better than the other 2, not because the other 2 are bad and in need of help

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
09.25.2017 , 07:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Azheon View Post
so tell me why 90% of the maras in arenas play fury, instead of annihilation or carnage? because of they love fury or others have worse defenses? carnage and annihilation at least need an immunity like fury has.
This is normal in an MMO. Some builds are tuned to be more useful PvP, like adding stun or stun resist, some are better for big PvE endgame numbers and some are really good for general mission running and leveling.

This is why their approach to balance is so terribly wrong, in the end they are watering down the very diversity that made the game great.

Take healers, looonng slow casts generate massive HPS, but are mostly useless in PvP where mobility is well worth sacrificing some HPS.

But if some buckaroo comes along and makes both classes equal HPS wise, guess what, the class with high mobility is just plain better.

Azheon's Avatar


Azheon
09.25.2017 , 09:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LeglessChair View Post
I don't think they should be lumped in the same category as the other classes you mentioned. Furthermore, I've seen plenty of anni maras do fine and I've seen carn maras perform well. Granted, I imagine it's harder to do well than with merc or sniper.
Did you try them at arenas? I tried and saw that fury makes much more difference than both of them. They are better than Juggs, Sorcs and PTs but also worse than Fury, Mercs and Snipers.

It is like ;

Jugg, PT, Sorc < Annihilation, Carnage < Fury < Sniper, Merc

I had started to play as annihilation with my xawio marr char last season and it was super hard to carry a team, then I played fury and reached 2k+ rating much more easier. For this reason many maras play fury spec instead of others even they like others more. There is definetely not plenty of maras do fine as annihilation or carnage, because I know specs of almost all top rated maras. There are a few people that could make high ratings with their maras at solo rankeds and they played more than 1k games to do it. And it is also harder for furies to do better than merc and snipers.
my refferal link : http://www.swtor.com/r/ll7f8S

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.26.2017 , 12:16 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Azheon View Post
Did you try them at arenas? I tried and saw that fury makes much more difference than both of them. They are better than Juggs, Sorcs and PTs but also worse than Fury, Mercs and Snipers.

It is like ;

Jugg, PT, Sorc < Annihilation, Carnage < Fury < Sniper, Merc

I had started to play as annihilation with my xawio marr char last season and it was super hard to carry a team, then I played fury and reached 2k+ rating much more easier. For this reason many maras play fury spec instead of others even they like others more. There is definetely not plenty of maras do fine as annihilation or carnage, because I know specs of almost all top rated maras. There are a few people that could make high ratings with their maras at solo rankeds and they played more than 1k games to do it. And it is also harder for furies to do better than merc and snipers.
It's harder for anyone not a merc or sniper to do better than a merc or sniper lol. My dps of choice is a vigi guardian. I'm just a glutton for punishment I suppose.

The issue is that the dps nerf was not really the primary nerf needed to mercs or snipers. So they still dominate war zones. Not playing one, I'm not sure certain of the ability to pass dps checks., I've heard both yes and no.

Elusive_Thing's Avatar


Elusive_Thing
09.26.2017 , 05:54 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
all the marauder specs are good in solo ranked and none of them need buffs

fury is just the most common because it's a bit better than the other 2, not because the other 2 are bad and in need of help
+1
/5char