Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

220 item rating with relics? ***?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
220 item rating with relics? ***?

LordSkyKnight
09.25.2017 , 03:31 AM | #1
So I just returned a couple weeks ago and starting playing the typical stupid gear catch up crap. I have been noticing that the geared out people are running with crap relics with max gear in the other slots. Is this the new 2017 relic exploit going on or something? What is the deal with it?

SteveTheCynic
09.25.2017 , 06:00 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LordSkyKnight View Post
So I just returned a couple weeks ago and starting playing the typical stupid gear catch up crap. I have been noticing that the geared out people are running with crap relics with max gear in the other slots. Is this the new 2017 relic exploit going on or something? What is the deal with it?
Nah, it's just that max gear is obtained mostly(1) by RNG, and *which* relic you get when you get a relic is *also* chosen by RNG.

(1) Sources are:
* Command Crates that you get as you earn "Galactic Command" ranks at level 70. These are entirely RNG.
* Tokens that drop from bosses in Operations. The RNG in these is more to do with how the Ops group chooses who gets them.
* The same tokens, but bought for "Unassembled Components" that you earn in Warzones and GSF. The RNG here is of the "heads I win, tails you lose" type unless you group up with a competent group, but it affects only how many matches it takes before you can buy a piece of gear.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Wimbleton
09.25.2017 , 06:27 AM | #3
Some relics provide higher endurance bolstering (matrix cube), some provide bugged mastery bolstering (208 pvp relics).

It's possible that these folks think they have stumbled across some sekrit but the truth is, you want the highest serendip/retribution (small case for devastation, although in 150+ games I could not parse results higher than zero net gain, contrary to what was claimed by others).

I parse every single game and look at every single parse. I would advise you to do the same.

Then you get fully geared, then you curb stomp these relic wizards.

Oh wait, nm, gear doesnt matter - at least thats what some guy in some other thread told me.

SteveTheCynic
09.25.2017 , 07:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
It's possible that these folks think they have stumbled across some sekrit but the truth is, you want the highest serendip/retribution (small case for devastation, although in 150+ games I could not parse results higher than zero net gain, contrary to what was claimed by others).
Devastating Vengeance has an advantage if you're doing level-synced content, since it boosts Crit, and Crit isn't affected by sync, while the Mastery and Power boosted by the others *are* affected by sync.

They are probably set up to be comparable in unsynced content. If not, they *should* be.
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

Wimbleton
09.25.2017 , 08:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I love Firebug. It lets me modify people's unwise post formatting so I can reach the "QUOTE" button..
Protip, its called CTRL+Mousewheel Down. LoL

Secondly, that's wonderful that PVE is a part of life, but it's not a relevant part of PVP discussions in the PVP forums.

Some PvE theorycraft would, it seems to me, suggest
So lets see, in once sentence you have: 1) Theorycrafted 2) make an assumption 3) Referenced PVE in a PVP forum and 4) go on to make a suggestion.

JUST STOP

And since you are a PVE-theorycrafter-assumption-suggester, IE rettihs, let me spell it out for you: To use Dev you need to stack alacrity (the other "best" stat, currently). Lack of uptime consistency makes alacrity stacking risky and a less consistent build overall in PVP, due to how PVP works in PVP against other PVP players who are PVPing you in a PVP environment.

Now to blow your mind: if there was a passive alacrity buff relic, I might choose (and would definitely test) it against the Serendip.

SteveTheCynic
09.25.2017 , 10:20 AM | #6
Secondly, that's wonderful that PVE is a part of life, but it's not a relevant part of PVP discussions in the PVP forums.
It is relevant if it explains why *some* people do something in PvP. I didn't say they are *correct* for doing it or even that the explanation is accurate. I just proposed a possible explanation. No need to get your knickers in a twist about it.
So lets see, in once sentence you have: 1) Theorycrafted 2) make an assumption 3) Referenced PVE in a PVP forum and 4) go on to make a suggestion.
1) So what? Where exactly is that prohibited?
2) Hypothesis, not assumption.
3) It isn't prohibited anywhere.
4) Yes, indeed, I suggested an explanation for people's behaviour. What exactly is wrong with that?
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

Wimbleton
09.25.2017 , 11:44 AM | #7
So you want to be irrelevant and identify as such and that's your right and I should accept you as irrelevant and tolerate and applaud your irrelevance and since I don't I'm a horrible identitist?

All that's left for you to do is find my MySpace page and send this thread and the link to yahoo news so they can make an article ruining my life for PvE-shaming you.

Kappa

olagatonjedi
09.25.2017 , 11:57 AM | #8
(1) Sources are:
* Command Crates that you get as you earn "Galactic Command" ranks at level 70. These are entirely RNG.
While entirely RNG, if you acquire ANY legendary tier 2, or tier 3 relics before hitting 300 GC, keep them. You can upgrade them to whichever tier 4 relic you seek, and dont need to rely as much on RNG once you hit 300GC. The chances of you getting at least 1 legendary item for every slot before you hit 300 is pretty reasonable, as long as you keep them.

Also, keep them to upgrade cross-class to your alts (main gear slots, not relics/ear/implants) without needing to hit 300GC on them either.

Crafted 246 work well enough for ear/implants and relics.

LordSkyKnight
09.25.2017 , 11:57 AM | #9
This has nothing to do with pve content. I am seeing maxed geared people pull this. This leads me to believe they are exploiting something with the bolster system to achieve higher stats over other players.

Wimbleton
09.25.2017 , 12:14 PM | #10
inspect them and take a screenshot of their stat window, post it here