Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blog: This Week in Aurebesh

Galandro
06.21.2017 , 02:30 PM | #21
This Week in Aurebesh, I continue my look at the posters and signs of CZ-198 focusing on three displays seen in the flashpoint Czerka Core Meltdown.

Czerka: Titans of Industry, part 2

Galandro
07.04.2017 , 11:45 AM | #22
This Week in Aurebesh, in honor of the return of the Nightlife Event, I translate and recreate a pair of neon signs from the bright lights of the Smuggler's Moon. I've also included a quick review of the event itself.

Bright Light City Gonna Set My Soul On Fire

Galandro
07.19.2017 , 04:55 PM | #23
This Week in Aurebesh, I continue examining neon signs from Nar Shaddaa including one written in the ancient language of the Sith.

In addition, I review the brand new Manaan Stronghold!

Turning Day Into Night Time

Galandro
08.21.2017 , 12:12 PM | #24
This Week in Aurebesh has returned from vacation and to catch up, I added two new posts last week!

First up, I recreated two predominantly Futhork language signs from Corellia:

When You Come to a Futhork in the Road, Take It

Second, here is a guide to quickly completing Iokath's "Macrobinocular" Daily Quest and some suggestions to improve some of the daily quests there:

“Scouting Iokath” Daily Quest Guide

If you have a moment, I hope you'll check 'em out!

Galandro
09.03.2017 , 10:35 PM | #25
Here is info on my last couple of blog posts. First off, I recreated and translated a sign from Corellia and Cademimu for Stellar Drive Shipping that features at least, perhaps three differnet Star Wars langagues.

Shut Up and Stellar Drive

Next up is my review of Crisis on Umbara! The review is divided into two parts, a spoiler free discussion of the flashpoint and its rewards and my spoiler filled commentary of the revelation of the traitor's identity.

Crisis on Umbara Review

I hope you'll stop on by!

Galandro
09.20.2017 , 11:01 AM | #26
The last couple weeks I continued to translate signs that can be see in the Cademimu flashpoint (and other Republic worlds).

The first sign contains an easter egg reference that recalls not only other Star Wars movies but also one of George Lucas' biggest influences as a filmmaker.

Your Number is 2187, Isn’t it?

Next up I recreated a large, fairly complex warning sign:

Watch (Your) Step

Check 'em out if you have a moment!

DarkLordSnake
09.20.2017 , 03:02 PM | #27
I gotta admit, the time you take to actually try and translate and succeed in these all across the game is incredible and very interesting.
Keep it up!
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

Galandro
09.25.2017 , 08:34 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordSnake View Post
I gotta admit, the time you take to actually try and translate and succeed in these all across the game is incredible and very interesting.
Keep it up!
First and foremost, thank you for the kind words! I can't begin to say what a difference they make, but I do very appreciate the feedback!

This week, in honor of the CXP bug, pay a visit to Corellia's Black Hole daily quest area and uncover the meaning behind the unique Aurebesh signs and posters that can be found there!

Back in Black

Galandro
10.09.2017 , 10:20 PM | #29
I'd just like to proudly say, that This Week in Aurebesh just celebrated its first birthday.

To mark the occasion, I recreated three wanted posters that first appeared in the Overwatch Headquarters during KotFE's Chapter 10, "Anarchy in Paradise". One poster in particular features a familiar name from recent Star Wars lore.

I’m a Space Cowboy, on a Steel Bantha I Ride

Finally, just tonight while anticipating a certain new movie trailer, I jotted down some thoughts on SWTOR's latest roadmap and other news of the week.

Where We’re Going We Don’t Need Road Maps!

Once you've warn out the replay button on the trailer, feel free to stop on by!

Galandro
10.26.2017 , 02:23 AM | #30
After a short break, I'm back with one of my occasional dumb top five lists. This time I thought I'd highlight five of my favorite Dye modules that don't come from the Cartel Market and won't break anyone's piggie bank of Cartel Coins or credits!

A Little Splash of Color: Top Five Non-Cartel Market Dyes