Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exploits and Galactic Command

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Exploits and Galactic Command
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wagerbane
07.27.2017 , 08:30 AM | #181
Game designed is working perfect for directing many to do what is right in the game. After you started a new character at level 1 and you never see the CXP happen until your character reach level 70. Only CXP becomes available for level 70. Stay on your Class story and planet story is a option to level up before get back with class story plus heroics 2 match your level character. Game never put folks in risk.

What their saying is do not put your low level character in risk to join a level 70 player group on a CXP mission inside operation, flash points and World Boss on planets is not made for your low level character.

This mostly happen often in the player group beef up other players with low level characters after join their Guild:
Never ask no one and other players over your level to go inside your class story that make you a joke.

This happens outside of TOS when a Big Boy Criminal Guilds sent a invite without asking and gave you guild master after the old guild master left the guild to throw all your time and credits to open all the rooms and decorated before take it way without knowing what's going on could been come back without known.

Best to Solo with your own companions and be your own BOSS.

Malphicious
08.23.2017 , 06:12 AM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoBlakkrstal View Post
Unfortunately, as this is my first, and only, foray into the world of MMO's, I wouldn't know what is, or is not, an exploit, if it bit me right in my face. I would hope that EAware wouldn't bring the smack down on someone who quite innocently stumbled upon something unintended and used it without realizing that it was in fact an "exploit". Not having access to the minds, and intentions of the Devs, I have no way of knowing if something is intended, or not. Seems rather harsh to destroy my account over something done in ignorance.
Pretty sure you would know if you were exploiting. You basically have to go out of your way or have someone say they know a way to blah, blah w/e. Things like the auto completion of heroics, I'd not consider an exploit. That's a bug and you really can't help it happens now and then. Why sit there and not accept completion. But if you did that, and then logged on to every one of your alts and it kept doing it and you kept accepting, I'd say that COULD be considered an exploit because you were going above and beyond to do it. If you stumble onto something but don't do it repetitively or do it as a group with text logs showing y'all were doing it with knowledge, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Johrun
09.01.2017 , 12:53 AM | #183
Thanks to all the stronghold whiners who lambasted and rushed BW for the patch for the server downtime and for my now having fun with researching 'application has encountered an unspecified error' issue and not finding a working solution that doesn't involve downloading the whole game again.

Tharandil
09.24.2017 , 07:35 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Manathayria View Post
Generally they take action when you're doing something that a reasonable person would expect to/can deduce from playing other parts of the game that it was/is an exploit.
Then why can't they take care of creditspammers? They would have to get their credits from farming.

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

Nemeses
10.04.2017 , 09:07 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
I know you're only doing your job with this post, but geez. This does not exactly fill me with confidence about this system if you warn about exploiting it before it even hits live servers.
its because they know they suck, more worried about how much money they can grab, than try improve the game.
~The Immortals~
Recruitment, or our Recruitment Video visit our Home.
We lived a thousand lives in LoTRo, Age of Conan and more. United we stand... and we don't fall

Tsillah
10.04.2017 , 09:12 AM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharandil View Post
Then why can't they take care of creditspammers? They would have to get their credits from farming.
Not just farming. These days they have many more ways to gain credits. BW already did a lot to discourage basic credit farming by greatly reducing the credits that drop from mobs.

Credit sellers were dealt with quite well before this game got F2P. When it was sub only I got one credit seller message once. That was the only exposure I had to credit sellers until F2P was introduced.

Make of that what you will.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

krisknife
11.14.2017 , 08:01 AM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Not just farming. These days they have many more ways to gain credits. BW already did a lot to discourage basic credit farming by greatly reducing the credits that drop from mobs.

Credit sellers were dealt with quite well before this game got F2P. When it was sub only I got one credit seller message once. That was the only exposure I had to credit sellers until F2P was introduced.

i dunno. guess it depends on your server, back in the day I was always annoyed having to clear my mail box of at least a dozen different gold farmers selling money and their 1 credit attached(before f2P). Would get them throughout game play always assumed it was spam, not a GTN sale like now. These days I get maybe one once a week from the same freaking seller over and over, everytime I get mail i know I made a sale at GTN, quite the difference for me. Truth be told we had loads more people back in the day, and with more people come more farmers, when people go farmers go.

Tolkyyn
11.14.2017 , 09:49 AM | #188
Every single time I put stuff up on GTN I get spam emails. And to boot, try getting slice stuff from Yavin. The spammers have the same people picking up every slice box there is, you don't stand a chance to level your skill there.

Tharandil
11.22.2017 , 11:41 AM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post

Well F2P have a credit cap, so they would still have to sub If they would like to have all the money they bought from credit Sellers.

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

WaveRun
12.01.2017 , 01:07 PM | #190
Can you please address the latest exploits with companion gifts and deflated gtn prices due to it

Subscriber Since Day 1
Coming Back? Already Returned? Use my R-A-F Link For BONUS!!! Items
Actively opposed to BioWares continuing endorsement of Gift EXPLOIT