Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut or Marauder?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Juggernaut or Marauder?

Mokuyobi
06.25.2016 , 03:59 PM | #11
A word of advice: If you're going to roll a Jugg tank and try leveling via FP's, don't queue until you learn the class...Nothing pisses off people more or will get you kicked from a group faster than queuing a role that you don't know how to play.

That said, I've played both classes. I'm preferential towards Juggs, seeing as my main is an Immortal Jugg, however I am a firm believer that it comes down to your play style. Ask yourself a few key questions before choosing the advanced class, as once you do you cannot go back w/out re-rolling a new toon. Do you like to smash things and kill them quickly? Go with a Mara. Do you like/know HOW to tank? Go w/ Jugg. Honestly, back when I first started playing this game I rolled a Sin based on one thing: the dual-bladed saber. I thought it looked friggin awesome. Then again, you may have higher standards, so who knows!

AdjeYo
06.26.2016 , 02:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Maybe I'm seeing baddie maras, and you're seeing baddie juggs.

But I definitely see 5k+ parses in vigi/veng. For example, using saber reflect on Karagga is a huge dps gain. The other day, I was in a SNV HM with a jugg parsing 5.1k on Styrak. (These aren't world record parses or anything, just trying to make a point.)

I wear my sentinel gear on my veng jugg and still parse 5k+ in most most HM boss fights. My sent and jugg parse about the same, except that vigi/veng is easier than watchman/anni.
If you'll actually check leaderboards on parsley (I know it's limited but it's one of the few sources of number out there), or you check Bant's numbers:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8558158.
You'll see there's not really a contest between Marauders and Juggernauts in dps. The only fights Juggernauts really outshine Marauders is fights where you can get a lot of damage from saber reflect (like Karagga).

cool-dude
06.28.2016 , 04:05 AM | #13
Juggernaut.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

Newyankalt
06.28.2016 , 12:41 PM | #14
Juggernaut, it's a lot easier mechanically. If you're new to the game and start Mara/ Sent expect to die a lot and be bad.

Sobekeus
06.28.2016 , 08:48 PM | #15
You can half *** a Jug and dominate, but if you half *** a Mara... you will spend a lot of quality time with medical droids.

Mara is an all-in class, there is no such thing as a casual Marauder.
Link for Obsessive Compulsive Link Clicker Sufferers:

http://www.swtor.com/r/9dNGyR

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.30.2016 , 11:41 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
You can half *** a Jug and dominate, but if you half *** a Mara... you will spend a lot of quality time with medical droids.

Amen to that =]

JaysonHijinX
09.23.2017 , 08:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post

Wish I did some research when returning to the game instead of blindly rolling a Marauder (Annihilation no less) because the class name sounded awesome and why wouldn't I want to duel wield lightsabres?

I'm a casual Marauder, and it shows through my mediocrity.

Equeliber
09.23.2017 , 11:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JaysonHijinX View Post
Wish I did some research when returning to the game instead of blindly rolling a Marauder (Annihilation no less) because the class name sounded awesome and why wouldn't I want to duel wield lightsabres?

I'm a casual Marauder, and it shows through my mediocrity.
First of all, you are necro posting.

Second, if you are a casual player, it doesn't matter what to play. In story, open world pve, dailies even the worst dps class played badly and without gear will still be enough to complete that content. Start worrying about your class if you decide to do Veteran ops and master mode flashpoints. But anyway, marauder is not that hard. Sure, it has a high skill cap but even when played by a mediocre player it will be alright.

If you are worried about your effectiveness, now is a good time to play Fury marauder, it's the easiest out of all and is solid for DPS right now.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus