Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theories on the Order & Traitor (Umbara spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Theories on the Order & Traitor (Umbara spoilers)

Dracofish
09.17.2017 , 03:47 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Ioue View Post
IKR! XD

Considering all PC can punch Saresh after she tried to take over, I am hoping for an option to punch Theron in the face for all classes. I know Sith can Force choke, but I don't wanna go that far... unless it's a legit DS path ... like hoping for one utterly DS Inquisitor, muhahahaha.....

Theron: "Commander, I - "
PC: *punches him in the face*
Theron: "Ow. Ok, I deserved that."
I don't think my Nox could ever Force choke him. In my head, she threw him up against a wall and threatened him with it on Ziost in an effort to scare him, and it didn't work. But to actually do it, nope. Punch him? Oh yes, I hope we have that option. If not, it's still happening in my head, lol.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

devilkat
09.17.2017 , 10:53 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Ioue View Post
IKR! XD

Considering all PC can punch Saresh after she tried to take over, I am hoping for an option to punch Theron in the face for all classes. I know Sith can Force choke, but I don't wanna go that far... unless it's a legit DS path ... like hoping for one utterly DS Inquisitor, muhahahaha.....

Theron: "Commander, I - "
PC: *punches him in the face*
Theron: "Ow. Ok, I deserved that."
Add to this the option to kiss him.

Theron: "....ok I'm really getting mixed signals here"
SW: "Shut up, Theron"
Theron: "Ok"
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

fishpeople
09.22.2017 , 03:38 PM | #163
I'd would like to see a nice cut scene of my lightsaber going into his belly. Traitors die!

Nefla
09.22.2017 , 09:14 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I wonder how much it matters. Depending on who is playing, Theron won't be able to have descendants of his own either. Wouldn't that also mean that it's "that's it" too? I mean he can be in love with a male. Unless it always ends up with Theron leaving said male for a female. Which is odd all together.
You could play Revan as black or Asian, female, with Carth, celibate, DS or LS, that didn't stop them from completely overwriting the characters we played in favor of the generic focus test straight, white, dark haired, stubbled male who knocked up Bastilla default they wanted for EU materials and later SWtOR. I doubt they'll hesitate to do the same thing to our SWtOR characters if they want something specific to happen. I expect they'll go with a LS straight white human male JK with dark hair and stubble who romances Lana.

Eshvara
09.22.2017 , 11:32 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
You could play Revan as black or Asian, female, with Carth, celibate, DS or LS, that didn't stop them from completely overwriting the characters we played in favor of the generic focus test straight, white, dark haired, stubbled male who knocked up Bastilla default they wanted for EU materials and later SWtOR. I doubt they'll hesitate to do the same thing to our SWtOR characters if they want something specific to happen. I expect they'll go with a LS straight white human male JK with dark hair and stubble who romances Lana.
You're probably right! I also think k the description of the JK seems accurate.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Ioue
09.23.2017 , 11:06 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Corana_Sectre View Post
I was reading the whole set of theories thinking the same thing that there are likely a lot of descendents of Revan and Bastila, so Theron being the end of the line is not likely.
As if Theron's current family situation isn't complicated already, lmao. *barks laughter* The reaction would be priceless XD

vadess
10.20.2017 , 10:16 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

I think the devs like looking at breasts all day, SO it's more likely they'll go with LS lesbian blonde haired, blue eyed JK to go with Lana instead.

pazzakey
10.21.2017 , 02:53 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

I think the devs like looking at breasts all day, SO it's more likely they'll go with LS lesbian blonde haired, blue eyed JK to go with Lana instead.
Works for me.
Harbinger - RIP

Swingkittie
11.03.2017 , 01:56 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Other than the gut-punch a twitchy Warrior might have with being betrayed a 2nd time...I can easily see most other Commanders seeing right through this...and potentially playing along. Theron was so over-the-top hamming things up that it was almost laughable.

And the difference between Quinn's betrayal and this "betrayal," is that Quinn was indeed trying to kill the Warrior. This was not a true betrayal. He wasn't trying to kill the Commander at all - it was all an act staged to get him inside the Order (of Zildrog). He had someone listening in and he had to play things up. He's an operative - a good one. And he had to maintain his cover story to get on the inside.

All this gasping surprise over a spy doing spy stuff is just...really. C'mon. If you haven't read the book/comics, do so, because they will give much needed insight to Theron's character. This shouldn't have come as a surprise at all. It's what he does. He's well known to take matters into his own hands and go off half-cocked. Did he go about things the right way? Probably not...he probably should have brought the Commander in on the know, but I can also see the argument that there was no guarantee the Commander would be able to be convincing, or would try to talk him out if it. But, again, Theron isn't well known for thinking things through all the way before just leaping to action.
I really hope that it is NOT the order of Zildrog. Some lame little street gang on Zakuul is all the devs at Bioware can come up with? I am hoping the Order is something far better than that, especially given the codex entry we received from doing the Uprisings.

I also get why you say that Theron wasn't really trying to kill us. However, he made so many attempts - way more than Quinn. And Quinn fell on his knees basically and begged for forgiveness while pledging his loyalty to never do this again. Theron on the other hand, just kept on trying to "fake kill you"? I just have a hard time swallowing that one that Bioware seems to want to dish out. Also, Theron may be a good spy but he sure has had his share of muck ups - like Ziost and as far as I'm concerned this new one. Theron isn't used to working in teams. He admits it but also says he is trying. I have to say, I love the line my Sith Warrior said in Umbara about him "Once a spy, always a spy". It is so true on Theron.

I really liked the insight of the OP on this topic. Thank you for breaking down the uprisings and how they are connected.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Nefla
11.03.2017 , 04:21 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Nah, because as much as their supposed "excited" 13 year old boy audience likes to see girl on girl action, they don't like to actually PLAY as a girl or see a girl as the main character. They want the main character to always be the same generic straight white human guy with dark brown hair and stubble. (Also look at the JK they use for all the trailers, it's the same type of focus test guy)