Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fastest Way to Max Influence on Companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Fastest Way to Max Influence on Companions

FabulousDoctor
04.19.2016 , 09:47 PM | #31
If you can somehow stomach it, you can run Battle of Ilum, Taral 5, False Emperor, Maelstorm Prison, and Directive 7 for your original 5. These have conversation options in them that companions will approve/disapprove of. Obviously you have to have obtained them by that point - Nadia won't gain anything from Taral 5 of Maelstrom. Though she will gain from the other three.

A single run of False Emperor can get you around 3k influence with Nadia. And so long as she is your active, chosen companion (same with any other) you don't have to have her summoned. So you can just repeatedly run False Emperor in a group of four, and all of you grind influence if you want.

Astaldoath
04.20.2016 , 06:59 AM | #32
You can get all ur comps back via the comp thing in kotfe, so no waste

Pardoz
04.20.2016 , 07:40 PM | #33
Don't forget the 650+325 from Star Fortress bonus missions (the 625 goes to your active companion, the 325 to the follower from the appropriate planet). You still get it in solo mode, and if you're just farming influence you can exit/re-set after completing the bonus.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a launcher downloading Main Assets 6 forever.

ElZaguero
05.05.2016 , 03:31 PM | #34
My Legacy perks, that I paid for with CC to increase gains from conversation, are not adding any bonus.

And that console to "get your companions back" in KOTFE isn't available. I mean it's dead, non-clickable.

Khevar
05.05.2016 , 07:20 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by ElZaguero View Post
My Legacy perks, that I paid for with CC to increase gains from conversation, are not adding any bonus.
It's working fine for me. Tested just now.

Rank 10 Companion - about to give a pink rank 5 gift

Added 932 points of affection

A rank 10 comp with a pink rank 5 gift would normally give 717 points for a "love" gift.
30% legacy bonus would be: 717 * 1.30 = 932.1

So the questions are:

1. Which companion?
2. What rank are they?
3. Which gift did you give?
4. How many influence points did you gain from the gift?

wainot-keel
05.06.2016 , 10:39 AM | #36
@Khevar, he was talking about affection gain from conversations, not gifts :P

In any case, the perk does work.
I tested this with two DS Jaesa, talking to Lord Shaar ( H2 Old Enemies in Belsavis)

[Don't get chummy with me] -> approves
[Bet he isn't happpy about that] -> approves
[What's in this for you?] -> approves

This is the result: http://i.imgur.com/z2DSyaq.jpg
That's exactly the 30% boost advertised in the perk

Khevar
05.06.2016 , 12:49 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
@Khevar, he was talking about affection gain from conversations, not gifts :P
Oops! My bad

Nethershadow
05.12.2016 , 10:49 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by ElZaguero View Post

And that console to "get your companions back" in KOTFE isn't available. I mean it's dead, non-clickable.
I found the exact same thing in that war room, but found if i still right clicked on it, it would work just fine. So it's misleading that it doesn't even hightlight for you, you literally just have to run up and blind click it.

MDresidentx
09.23.2017 , 07:50 PM | #39
Can I add some material for feedback for 2017 players?

I've been a sub a long time and I skipped upgrading companions but I'm doing it now and I noticed these things:

1. When leveling companions, there are 4 levels in each grade:

Orange, Yellow, Green and White(In that order). Do you need to run the white levels? I noticed the rewards are almost double or triple when you go higher. Also, I noticed companion influence is given. Is this new?

2. What happens when delete a specific crew skill. Is it lost and count lost or do you get back something to apply to the replacement crew skill?

3. Do you get additional crew skills benefits once your character(s) hit 70+?

4. Is there a way to see the logs of what missions you run per companion? The reason why I ask this if you run these missions without keeping track of them couldn't you reach the cap( 600) before you run all the mission, right?

5. When you get an influence gift with no value, can you sell to a vendor for something? Edit: You get credits, lol!

6. Is there a limit to how many crew skills missions you can run per day? I'm running these missions but they keep failing and nothing new loads into missions window.

BenduKundalini
09.24.2017 , 08:50 AM | #40
I answered inside your quote below.

Quote: Originally Posted by MDresidentx View Post
Can I add some material for feedback for 2017 players?

Sure, fire away

I've been a sub a long time and I skipped upgrading companions but I'm doing it now and I noticed these things:

1. When leveling companions, there are 4 levels in each grade:

Orange, Yellow, Green and White(In that order). Do you need to run the white levels? I noticed the rewards are almost double or triple when you go higher. Also, I noticed companion influence is given. Is this new?

There's even blue, purple and gold just like gear.
It matters but the rank of the gift matters even more : rank 1 to 6.

And what matters even more than that is what companions like or not: give Golden Grade 6 Weapons to Kira she won't care but she'll kiss you for giving her a 200 credit Small Gemstone...
Give Cultural to Bowdaar he'll rip your arms off !

Here's a link.

Watch out : the BEST gift category is LOVE, not FAVORITE. Favorite is second best.

The best bet (credit-wise, but time sink) is to go to fleet next to ship parts vendor or to capital market, companion gift vendor, buy rank 1 gifts of the LOVED category for that comp (ie Cultural for ship droid or Khem Val, weapon for Corso or Qyzen), all the way to rank 10 or at least 6. After certain thresholds lower rank gifts lose value. Then do dialogues, class missions and planetside missions (remember to bring up world map and tick show "side missions" bottom left for them to appear), farm flashpoints and crew skill missions...).

You'll get to rank 10 in under 5 minutes with about 50 LOVED rank 1 gifts per comp (10 k credits). Chose carefully which is which!
Bring up your companion, classify vendor goods per price, and mouse over the gift list to see what brings a low or moderate or large reaction. You need Legacy perks to unlock Large reaction.

Some "Medium" are almost "Large". Example with the droid T7, Technology and Republic both count as medium but he actually likes Tech twice as much as Republic. You can alway buy one and sample it to be on the safe side.

Also, you can increase the affection you get with gifts or dialogue via Legacy/ Personal perks (if your legacy is high enough and you invest the credits)
In the above example, with the legacy % increase on gifts, T7 goes from medium to Large reaction on Tech gifts.

2. What happens when delete a specific crew skill. Is it lost and count lost or do you get back something to apply to the replacement crew skill?

All lost, if you take it again you start from scratch.

3. Do you get additional crew skills benefits once your character(s) hit 70+?

You can send more comps (if you're a subscriber) with higher levels.
Character level 1-24 : 2 comps
25-40 : 3 comps
41-47 : 4 comps
48-54 : 5 comps
56-65 : 6 comps
66 -70 : 8 comps

4. Is there a way to see the logs of what missions you run per companion? The reason why I ask this if you run these missions without keeping track of them couldn't you reach the cap( 600) before you run all the mission, right?

You'll rinse & repeat hundreds of times before you hit that number... you can see what mission they are currently running (press B or N) but not what has been done in the past.
Watch out, if you summon a busy comp you'll ruin his mission (and will get refunded).

5. When you get an influence gift with no value, can you sell to a vendor for something? Edit: You get credits, lol!

Yup

6. Is there a limit to how many crew skills missions you can run per day? I'm running these missions but they keep failing and nothing new loads into missions window.

- nope, if you're a slave to crafting you can spen all day sending 8 comps at a time
- You can buy special one-time missions on the GTN or obtain them via slicing on a critical success
- the better our comp gets (= the higher your influence) the better and faster they perform. Press N and check their individual crew skill stats on top right of the screen.

One last word of advice : you normally need to be subbed to have three active crew skills.
If you unsub - and become preferred - one of your skills goes dormant. You choose which, it's not deleted but it becomes grayed out.

HOWEVER there are ways to unlock this. And referral is one of them. There's a FREE complimentary crew skill unlock in the Referral bundle you'll receive on every char on your account. Plus added inventory space and other perks.
It otherwise costs hundreds of cartel coins or millions on the GTN.