Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Marksmanship Sniper / Sharpshooter Gunslinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Class Changes: Marksmanship Sniper / Sharpshooter Gunslinger
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
09.20.2017 , 12:17 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Below you will find the upcoming changes for Marksmanship and Sharpshooter in Game Update 5.5.

Quote:
Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Sniper
Marksmanship
  • Honed Shots now grants a 3% bonus to critical hit chance and damage done by Snipe per stack, down from 5%

Gunslinger
Sharpshooter
  • Honed Shots now grants a 3% bonus to critical hit chance and damage done by Charged Burst per stack, down from 5%

DevNotes: Marksmanship / Gunslinger Sharpshooter was slightly overperforming, so we reduced the critical hit chance and damage of Snipe / Charged Burst by a small amount through a passive, which brought the discipline in line with its DPS target.
-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

shyroman
09.20.2017 , 12:32 PM | #2
My math gives me a roughly 250 dps nerf for my top parse, would be slightly less for average parses since my crit luck for snipes was slightly above average. Not the end of the world, should still be able to beat dps checks.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

RikuvonDrake
09.20.2017 , 12:40 PM | #3
Yea, based on their numbers for Arsenal, this feels like a natural second step for the second burst DPS spec for range classes, good way as well to adjust the spec without hurting the burst potential too much.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

dscount
09.20.2017 , 01:07 PM | #4
Would be nice to know when all the PVE Bosses are going to get nerfed across the board. After all the class nerf's we have seen to nearly every class so far this year it would seem appropriate.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

shyroman
09.20.2017 , 01:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Would be nice to know when all the PVE Bosses are going to get nerfed across the board. After all the class nerf's we have seen to nearly every class so far this year it would seem appropriate.
All these nerfs though make nim actually really difficult dps wise though but not impossible. Especially with the introduction of 248 gear. A lot of the dps and heal checks in nim became so much easier to the point of when a group got the mechanics of a fight down, then the boss was dead without usually having to worry about dps/heal checks outside of a few exceptions.
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Aaronmills
09.20.2017 , 01:13 PM | #6
so u nerf the worst parsing spec even more? mm needed a buff not a nerf idiots

Eloi_BG
09.20.2017 , 01:33 PM | #7
Lol. Can't wait for when they have to nerf Lightning to bring it in line with Arsenal/MM. The outrage will be real. These whole changes are a joke. No respect for PVE progression, no respect for PVP (ignoring broken utilities). Only focused on bringing the DPS down to numbers they want (yes they will be more balanced than early 5.0, even tho that 5% is wrong, but boy their way to approach class balance doesn't take players having fun into account).
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Otchiver
09.20.2017 , 01:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

DevNotes: Marksmanship / Gunslinger Sharpshooter was slightly overperforming, so we reduced the critical hit chance and damage of Snipe / Charged Burst by a small amount through a passive, which brought the discipline in line with its DPS target.
This... this is absurd.
This shows me you don't play this game, the classes and maybe even the raids. MM is by far the worst performing spec, and you just nerfed it. This class needed a buff in some fashion, not a nerf. #biowerbalancing

DarthScruffy
09.20.2017 , 01:48 PM | #9
This is a negligible change in the wrong direction when the status quo, at absolute bare minimum, or an actual buff was indicated . Hopefully, they'll look at MM for an additional, discipline specific, defensive in 6.0 which would allow a dps gain through a decrease in motion.

shyroman
09.20.2017 , 01:51 PM | #10
I think people are severely underestimating the strength of marksman. Right now I'd prefer it for 4 out of the 5 apex nim bosses with the only exception being council (though it is still playable in marks). Some will prefer virulence for terror but marks is still playable and will put out competitive numbers due to the target swapping. That's not to say that virulence couldn't be better for those 4 (it can perform a bit better on terror and for brontes because of burn and is still perfectly playable for all 5), but that's still 2/5 that I would always prefer marksman for.

After the nerfs I wouldn't prefer it for terror, but still would always prefer it for styrak and kephess. Is a spec that is that good on that many apex nim bosses really that bad? And it is also really good in pvp because of the burst. Spec is fine and will remain fine.
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant