Snipers.. ***

danielswann

I've been saying this since beta. When the **** are snipers going to be tuned down a bit? They have the most dps in game, the longest range, and some of the best defensive cooldowns. This class NEEDS to finally choose a side. Why are they not glass cannons? They are more like tanks with the highest dps in game.. Been broken for 5 years.. Comeon Bioware....

You do know "Beta" was 6 years ago, not 6 months ago right?

Just checking.

Snipers were notoriously not very good for a good part of their history. Sure, fun turret, but 0 mobility or survivability for quite a bit of the game start.

Take current sniper, and strip from him the healing ballistic shield, the roll (and obviously the heal on roll), the cd reset, well basically shred everything safe Evasion (once a minute) and shield probe (once every 30 sec, laughable).

Alternatively, go run a warzone with those utilities selected. Then take countermeasure, imperial prep, and the roll off your bar.

Thats how your MM sniper was in 2 and 3.0.

Take current sniper, and strip from him the healing ballistic shield, the roll (and obviously the heal on roll), the cd reset, well basically shred everything safe Evasion (once a minute) and shield probe (once every 30 sec, laughable).

I doubt many people with any knowledge about the game want to remove all those CDs. However, the bubble heals absolutely could use some adjusting.

I'm not going defend the current state of snipers (defensive safeguards obviously needs to be nerfed, suppressive fire does way too much damage, and engineering has a laundry list of issues) but as some others have pointed out snipers were glass cannons for a large part of the history of this game. Even in 4.0 when they got their CD reset they were not especially difficult to kill.

Snipers got a significant nerf to 2 of the 3 specs very recently, marksman is performing pretty badly, and you want to nerf the defensives now, too?

Reaaaaaaly?

You know this is the PVP board, right? How much the sniper specs parse for has/had virtually nothing to do with how strong they are in PVP. Edited by yellow_

Translation: Roll another sniper or a mercenary

Translated translation: use a skill calculator or read a sniper guide to learn what each of their abilities does, understand how you can counter these abilities, stop trying to hit a sniper through Diversion, especially if you are a Marauder reroll, and you're good.

You'd be surprised how fast you can kill a sniper with a Madness sorc and a little bit of LOS, or even a Pyro PT.

Translated translation: use a skill calculator or read a sniper guide to learn what each of their abilities does, understand how you can counter these abilities, stop trying to hit a sniper through Diversion, especially if you are a Marauder reroll, and you're good.

You'd be surprised how fast you can kill a sniper with a Madness sorc and a little bit of LOS, or even a Pyro PT.

Pyro PT stands zero chance against a sniper, unless the sniper is completely clueless. I will concede, however, that madness sorc can take down snipers fairly well.

Please teach me how to kill sniper with PT or sorc. Engi sniper.

engi sniper is the easiest spec to face for a PT..because you have close and personal / hydraulic / damage reduction wjile stun, which reduce drastically the engi tricks.

if he doesn't have OP dome available, you have your chance.

MM however...

Edited by Thaladan

Please teach me how to kill sniper with PT or sorc. Engi sniper.

Madness sorc making liberal use of LoS can take down a sniper through attrition, but that's just not possible for a PT because of the melee range requirement and lack of self healing/defensives.

Snipers were never guaranteed kills were just always a solid target to focus if no healer or tank was present. Only thing the class was ever missing was self healing but in typical swtor balancing fashion they over did it with the healing and gave them extra damage reduction on top of it. Always was one of the best ranged dps and will remain so with its real main counter being it's self.

Snipers were never guaranteed kills were just always a solid target to focus if no healer or tank was present. Only thing the class was ever missing was self healing but in typical swtor balancing fashion they over did it with the healing and gave them extra damage reduction on top of it. Always was one of the best ranged dps and will remain so with its real main counter being it's self.

On a stealth class prior to the buff snipers 1 v 1 were a guareented kill. They had few defensive cds and no roll. I remember killing snipers so quickly they never got up from the knock down animation. Remember manually loading flechette round...