Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pet peeve about Kotet *spoiler*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Pet peeve about Kotet *spoiler*

Dracofish
09.14.2017 , 02:38 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
With Lana the whole relationship is a very slow burn, and she does take a while to really trust/feel safe with it - during SoR there are numerous times it's mentioned that the player is closer to her than anyone has ever been, it takes her forever to even work up to a hug, and she isn't cool with public displays of affection until Iokath. There's one moment where she doesn't pick up on what the Outlander wants and literally blushes if you kiss her. But on the other hand she's calling the player 'my love' as far back as Ziost, she says she thinks her fate is completely intertwined with the player, and there are other things like emails where she's really emotional. It comes across to me as someone who is a bit shy with romance and perhaps is in a more serious relationship than ever before, and just takes a while to really feel free with it...sort of like Theron takes a while to tell the player he loves them.

When she's interrupting or commenting on some of the flirts with the Outlander and other characters, I almost feel like it's a bit "Why are you doing this here? I don't understand!" or being uncomfortable to be around PDAs.
Regarding Theron, I think it's safe to read between the lines if one so chooses and imagine that the "looove" comment wasn't necessarily the first one...only the first one on camera, just like it's perfectly reasonable to imagine that with an Imperial character, they did knock some bootay on Yavin Four (which I think most people assume is the case even though there is no *fade to black* like Republic players get). BioWare leaves a lot of romance stuff open for individual interpretation, such as with the Cullen romance in Dragon Age: Inquisition. I believe wholeheartedly that the desk scene was *so* not their first time. :P

I'll have to play the character I have reserved for the Lana romance more so I can get to that point and see how it feels for me.

As a side-note, I just started the 1st Iokath adventure (I think ET Chapter 6?) for the third time and definitely noticed that in a response the player can take, he/she does refer to Theron as "my love" even though the actual voiced response doesn't say it (you know, where the words that come out of the character's mouth don't exactly add up to the response text).
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

IoNonSoEVero
09.14.2017 , 03:23 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Regarding Theron, I think it's safe to read between the lines if one so chooses and imagine that the "looove" comment wasn't necessarily the first one...only the first one on camera, just like it's perfectly reasonable to imagine that with an Imperial character, they did knock some bootay on Yavin Four (which I think most people assume is the case even though there is no *fade to black* like Republic players get). BioWare leaves a lot of romance stuff open for individual interpretation, such as with the Cullen romance in Dragon Age: Inquisition. I believe wholeheartedly that the desk scene was *so* not their first time. :P

I'll have to play the character I have reserved for the Lana romance more so I can get to that point and see how it feels for me.

As a side-note, I just started the 1st Iokath adventure (I think ET Chapter 6?) for the third time and definitely noticed that in a response the player can take, he/she does refer to Theron as "my love" even though the actual voiced response doesn't say it (you know, where the words that come out of the character's mouth don't exactly add up to the response text).
True, it's not like DA where they show the characters getting up to shenanigans, it's up to the player to interpret it.

Lana's an awesome romance, but not a conventional one - I think that's pretty deliberate. It's actually really cool to see how the relationship grows with her, and how it's a matter of both her and the player gaining enough trust to feel safe with it. There are some times they show her finally expressing herself, and it's more meaningful, IMHO, because you know how hard it is for her. There's a lot to read between the lines with, particularly after Yavin for Imperial players.

She has some very sweet moments in the KOTET Iokath chapters too, once you get there.

Asmodesu
09.15.2017 , 02:15 AM | #143
Interpretations indeed. I always went with that is the first time Theron says he loves a romanced character during that scene, not because it is the first time on camera but because of that entire scene played out, showing how hard it was for him to say the words. Looking away to the side before coming back to eye contact to say it, hesitantly getting to the words etc. And since after that it's thrown around constantly it made sense for me that it was the point that made the words more comfortable for him once he'd finally said them, rather then thinking them.
Lana was different, didn't even return the I love you phrase to my JC who romanced her in that same scene, but she'd been saying it for a long time in one way or another before and after, so wasn't as big a deal as how Theron's version was played out in voice, speaking and animation. I do love how she is far mroe "mind on the job" during KotET etc and the player character is the one taking the lead with romantic stuff, whilst with Theron it's shared and Lana stepping in to remind them they're in the middle of a war rofl.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

IoNonSoEVero
09.15.2017 , 02:37 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
Interpretations indeed. I always went with that is the first time Theron says he loves a romanced character during that scene, not because it is the first time on camera but because of that entire scene played out, showing how hard it was for him to say the words. Looking away to the side before coming back to eye contact to say it, hesitantly getting to the words etc. And since after that it's thrown around constantly it made sense for me that it was the point that made the words more comfortable for him once he'd finally said them, rather then thinking them.
Lana was different, didn't even return the I love you phrase to my JC who romanced her in that same scene, but she'd been saying it for a long time in one way or another before and after, so wasn't as big a deal as how Theron's version was played out in voice, speaking and animation. I do love how she is far mroe "mind on the job" during KotET etc and the player character is the one taking the lead with romantic stuff, whilst with Theron it's shared and Lana stepping in to remind them they're in the middle of a war rofl.
I think that's exactly it with Lana - she's been saying and showing it all along, and she calls the player "my love" going all the way back to Ziost, so it's fine that she doesn't choose to say it in that scene. It's the first time the player says it to *her,* actually. There's that choice on the Gravestone where the player can choose something like "of course I'll treat Lana well, I love her" but Lana's not even in the room for that.

Lana seems a lot more comfortable as time goes on - there's that flirty line right after Valkorion is killed, and then she's totally fine with PDAs and saying "I love you" in front of everyone on Iokath.

Asmodesu
09.15.2017 , 02:41 AM | #145
I think that's exactly it with Lana - she's been saying and showing it all along, and she calls the player "my love" going all the way back to Ziost, so it's fine that she doesn't choose to say it in that scene. It's the first time the player says it to *her,* actually. There's that choice on the Gravestone where the player can choose something like "of course I'll treat Lana well, I love her" but Lana's not even in the room for that.

Lana seems a lot more comfortable as time goes on - there's that flirty line right after Valkorion is killed, and then she's totally fine with PDAs and saying "I love you" in front of everyone on Iokath.
My JC hasn't started Iokath.. waiting to see where the story goes first, but yes I heard that they just smooch in front of everyone when they meet on the planet so.. yeah, she does change a little in that regard,. I just haven't seen it myself yet so kinda forgot it happened.
Always a Theron fan!

IoNonSoEVero
09.15.2017 , 03:12 AM | #146
My JC hasn't started Iokath.. waiting to see where the story goes first, but yes I heard that they just smooch in front of everyone when they meet on the planet so.. yeah, she does change a little in that regard,. I just haven't seen it myself yet so kinda forgot it happened.
My main is holding after Umbara, and the clones are holding after Iokath, for the same reason. But the Lana romance was enough to get me to go through Iokath instead of waiting on that one. They do have some really nice moments there. And I do appreciate that even though both Iokath and Umbara are short, they've managed to get some LI attention there, nontheless.

Asmodesu
09.15.2017 , 03:31 AM | #147
My main is holding after Umbara, and the clones are holding after Iokath, for the same reason. But the Lana romance was enough to get me to go through Iokath instead of waiting on that one. They do have some really nice moments there. And I do appreciate that even though both Iokath and Umbara are short, they've managed to get some LI attention there, nontheless.
Sadly only for Theron, Lana and a short reunion for Quinn and Elara on Iokath only
my others not romancing either have gotten nothing for a long time except a mailed letter or two, it's just not the same!

For me the current story arc started with Iokath, so a few of my characters aren't starting it until I see what happens ongoing. None of my main characters have even started KotET - I need to know the end of this arc first using some story-testing toons. Doing my best to make sure I don't need to re-roll my mains because of a story flag mess up lmao. 3 are past Umbara, 2 waiting either yet to start, or mid-way through Iokath for the next installment of story.
Always a Theron fan!

IoNonSoEVero
09.15.2017 , 04:24 AM | #148
Sadly only for Theron, Lana and a short reunion for Quinn and Elara on Iokath only
my others not romancing either have gotten nothing for a long time except a mailed letter or two, it's just not the same!

For me the current story arc started with Iokath, so a few of my characters aren't starting it until I see what happens ongoing. None of my main characters have even started KotET - I need to know the end of this arc first using some story-testing toons. Doing my best to make sure I don't need to re-roll my mains because of a story flag mess up lmao. 3 are past Umbara, 2 waiting either yet to start, or mid-way through Iokath for the next installment of story.
That's a bummer that they didn't work in a moment with the other LIs.

I do tend to wait a bit when I'm playing my main - she's the pioneer, but I also read spoilers and story choices first, so I don't mess up with her, LOL. At least I do now; when she went through her class story originally, I was just winging it.

Right now my main criterion for going forward is making sure nothing evil happens with Lana (or another companion I like). I figure that if Force forbid it comes to that, I will simply not go into that chapter until another is released that resolves it (or not at all). At the moment there are five characters I am playing - In addition to my main SW I have one clone in Makeb, another in the middle of her class story and two others going through different class stories. So the rest of the current cast doesn't need to worry about the newest content for a while yet, and hopefully by the time they get there, we'll know more about the current story arc.

Dracofish
09.15.2017 , 06:39 AM | #149
I think I always envisioned it as the first time the Outlander says it. In my head, I have a picture of Theron saying it some time earlier, once, and the Outlander doesn't say it in return...and then at this point he says it again and that's where she tells him. But that's just from the perspective of my main character (a Darth Nox). At least, that's how I think I'm going to swing it in my fanfic.

Either way can work for me...I just think it all depends on the individual backstory you set up for your character in your mind.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Gwaneth
10.31.2017 , 01:32 PM | #150
Wait? Doesn't she pretty much break it off at the end of Revan and you never really rekindle it fully on Ziost or see her again until she rescues you. How exactly did she "cheat"?