Any update in the Roadmap? What about 5.5?

RevorteX

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class balance is still planned for 5.5. I expect I will start putting out those details starting next week.

-eric

Please skip this part of it...isn't that what you've done the past 2 updates, literally ALL summer? How much time could you possibly need?

SKIP IT! All you've managed to do this summer is make the game worse Eric...all you've done is run off half your damn players because Story Mode is the peak of most players skill level. SKIP CLASS BALANCE because clearly whoever is doing it, is terrible at it. PLEASE...do something else. I'd rather have you focus on emotes.

• Dev Post
Put "what" out exactly? the next patch, the roadmap, cookies and milk????? Please be more specific and less cryptic with responses. All it does it get people even more worked up.

And one other thing I feel it is appropriate for you to comment on ---> after the serious issues with the last patch, I do feel it would be both prudent and warranted to have Keith come in and give us an outline of what exactly the studio is doing to insure a better rollout result with the next patch. Why and how will the next patch be less troublesome for players exactly? Players deserve to have the broad brush strokes around quality addressed by the games Producer. The absence of this sort of transparency leaves players to foment and create their own negative narratives about what the studio is/is-not doing in terms of new content, quality of content, and timeliness of content release.

I will edit it into my answer, I was talking about Game Update 5.5 (as they asked about in their #2 question). I will get that updated to be more clear, thanks for catching that!

-eric

Provide you with updates, I can!

1. The roadmap is still in progress. We have been shuffling some things around with respect to 5.5 and 5.6 and we need that to settle before we can let you know exactly what is coming and when.
  2. It was our plan to put out Game Update 5.5 in late September but we have made the decision to move it into early October (currently 10/10). We did this to allow us more time to focus in on quality for our Game Updates to avoid some of the issues we had with 5.4.
  3. Class balance is still planned for 5.5. I expect I will start putting out those details starting next week.
  4. We know returning Companions is something there is great interest in. As soon as we have an announcement on any Companions coming back in a Game Update, you will be the first to know!

-eric

Thank you for the update Eric!

I am very eager to see what is planned for 5.5 and returning companions soon. I hope Juggernaut and Sorcerer make it into class balance,because they have pressing concerns to their damage intake and damage output.

It is very understandable to move 5.5 till October. In our country there is a saying - measure 10 times,cut once. So I understand it this is the system you go on,which is comendable and important for us.

1. The roadmap is still in progress. We have been shuffling some things around with respect to 5.5 and 5.6 and we need that to settle before we can let you know exactly what is coming and when.
  2. It was our plan to put out Game Update 5.5 in late September but we have made the decision to move it into early October (currently 10/10). We did this to allow us more time to focus in on quality for our Game Updates to avoid some of the issues we had with 5.4.
  3. Class balance is still planned for 5.5. I expect I will start putting out those details starting next week.
  4. We know returning Companions is something there is great interest in. As soon as we have an announcement on any Companions coming back in a Game Update, you will be the first to know!

-eric

Now you have ruined my prediction as the great Prophet of the Sith Order that the Roadmap will be released tomorrow! Now people will think I am a fraud, a false prophet! (Please don't make a flashpoint out of me "Defeat the False Prophet Ylliarus")

All jokes aside, thank you for the update. Still, can you give us a rough estimate as to when we will see the roadmap appear? Will it be around the time that patch 5.5 will be released or can we expect the Roadmap to be published much earlier than that? No hard dates are necessary, just rough estimates as to whether it will be days or weeks :)

Edited by Ylliarus

It really feels like there is no budget for ToR and any revenue it generates is being put elsewhere, while the people making this decision are just going to run it into the ground till even the most hard core star wars fans give up with so very little added to the game.

Sadly its lose lose, if the game is still being supported then its amazing how little is done with so much, if it isn't being supported then its not surprising with how little is being done with so little.

As was shown in the feedback thread, Charles explained that the original plan under Ben would have been 3 years similar to Kotfe, which was 16 story chapters, returning companions and alerts along with the occasional different style content such as the fight club or star fortress. So by this winter we would have seen a number of companions returned and 7 more story chapters with the final part of the saga to drop soon bring possibly 16 more chapters and alerts etc along with if the trend followed most companions returned by then.

Instead we have seen 2 op bosses few people have experienced (as grouping is hard on dead servers), a daily area few use, a bug filled flashpoint, one new chapter and 2 strongholds with 2 companions returned.

So the new direction seems to be the direction of less content.

I can even envisage what the new roadmap will be:

You think we couldn't possible add less than we have over the last few months, how wrong you are! We have all been hard at work to bring you:

5.5 One new Op boss, that few people will even bother with! And more nerfs to classes, this time we based it on straw dummy testing to nerf defensive cool downs, how does it work in the real game, who knows that is not part of our formula nor is how it works inline with the dps nerfs we just treat it all in isolation.

5.6 Galactic Star Fight is getting some love, with new paint jobs for your bombers and gunships. We looked at your feedback decided it all looked like a lot of work and offered you new paint jobs instead. There will also be a new strong hold, a hanger! Its one room with lots of hooks for you to park your ships enjoy!

5.7 You have been disappointed with the story, with how your character gets to rage aimlessly, has no idea what is going on and just rolls from one betrayal to the next while Lana promises no more screw ups only to screw up again. Well get ready to learn that you have no idea what is going on while you follow Lana and Theron around as their companion. Thats right you are now the companion character and you will follow them around providing support while they advance the story. This has allowed us to remove any dialogue choices!

-eric

awesome cannot wait Eric

You think we couldn't possible add less than we have over the last few months, how wrong you are! We have all been hard at work to bring you:

5.5 One new Op boss, that few people will even bother with! And more nerfs to classes, this time we based it on straw dummy testing to nerf defensive cool downs, how does it work in the real game, who knows that is not part of our formula nor is how it works inline with the dps nerfs we just treat it all in isolation.

5.6 Galactic Star Fight is getting some love, with new paint jobs for your bombers and gunships. We looked at your feedback decided it all looked like a lot of work and offered you new paint jobs instead. There will also be a new strong hold, a hanger! Its one room with lots of hooks for you to park your ships enjoy!

5.7 You have been disappointed with the story, with how your character gets to rage aimlessly, has no idea what is going on and just rolls from one betrayal to the next while Lana promises no more screw ups only to screw up again. Well get ready to learn that you have no idea what is going on while you follow Lana and Theron around as their companion. Thats right you are now the companion character and you will follow them around providing support while they advance the story. This has allowed us to remove any dialogue choices!

That's freaking brilliant tbh :)

It really feels like there is no budget for ToR and any revenue it generates is being put elsewhere, while the people making this decision are just going to run it into the ground till even the most hard core star wars fans give up with so very little added to the game.

Sadly its lose lose, if the game is still being supported then its amazing how little is done with so much, if it isn't being supported then its not surprising with how little is being done with so little.

As was shown in the feedback thread, Charles explained that the original plan under Ben would have been 3 years similar to Kotfe, which was 16 story chapters, returning companions and alerts along with the occasional different style content such as the fight club or star fortress. So by this winter we would have seen a number of companions returned and 7 more story chapters with the final part of the saga to drop soon bring possibly 16 more chapters and alerts etc along with if the trend followed most companions returned by then.

Instead we have seen 2 op bosses few people have experienced (as grouping is hard on dead servers), a daily area few use, a bug filled flashpoint, one new chapter and 2 strongholds with 2 companions returned.

So the new direction seems to be the direction of less content.

These comments seem to be sprouting a lot lately. I don't support the sentiment expressed in this post but there are several valid points made, especially the fact that indeed story wise I feel as if we are becoming Lana's or Theron's companion instead of the other way around.

What I really long for is a reply from the devs to this sort of comment, I really yearn to know what sentiment the devs have towards the issues raised in this comment.

Edited by Ylliarus

Honestly, after the last 9 months, I envision the road map just to be filled with a continuation of disappointment. I truly wish either another dev studio would take this over, or it shuts down and get replaced with a similar game done by literally *anyone* else. I have so utterly lost faith in BioWare, that basically anything they can (or will) do is too little too late.

Honestly, after the last 9 months, I envision the road map just to be filled with a continuation of disappointment. I truly wish either another dev studio would take this over, or it shuts down and get replaced with a similar game done by literally *anyone* else. I have so utterly lost faith in BioWare, that basically anything they can (or will) do is too little too late.

My fear as well. Even a full fledged pay to buy a box expansion, that hits literally every aspect of the game, is too little at this point...I fear there may be more nerfs coming in 5.5 too, so I don't blame anyone for losing faith...it's justified. Bioware, between years of Ben and the entire year of nerfs from Keith, has only themselves to blame.

It's 9 months in and not even half an op has shown up yet. Sure they could rush it and we will have 5.4 all over again or worse. I doubt we are seeing an expansion this year and most likely seeing the current story and op pushed into early next year.

It's hard to keep the faith as more and more people leave the game.

My fear as well. Even a full fledged pay to buy a box expansion, that hits literally every aspect of the game, is too little at this point...I fear there may be more nerfs coming in 5.5 too, so I don't blame anyone for losing faith...it's justified. Bioware, between years of Ben and the entire year of nerfs from Keith, has only themselves to blame.

Well they have already announced nerfing Operative/Scoundrel heals (after they fix their burst problem). Now that statement alone tells me how much out of touch BioWare truly is with the average game player base and the reality of a typical operation, basing their HPS numbers on nothing more than a simulation. They simply do not have the slightest clue.

It would be nice if there was even a hint of something to look forward to in the road map.

Looking at other MMO's they are offering events and updates and things to keep people interested. Yet for whatever reason BW seem so disorganized that 5.4 drops (not in the best possible way after a delay to make sure it was up to their standard) and the next road map still needs to be finalized as to what is going to be in the next patch.

Surely they know what they are working on for 5.5, between now and at first late September (2 weeks) and now early October (4 weeks) and given time for test and QA to avoid the 5.4 mess, which I don't think has yet been patched fully there isn't going to be any massive surprises.

We have been told the team is hard and work heads down, little to no communication for what? They must know what they have been hard at work doing and if all that hard work and killing themselves is for little to no content, at what point would they be better off calling it quits and saying the engine is unworkable and call it quits before even the good memories of the game and 8 class stories is overshadowed by a game that's only consistent update is what cartel market item is going on direct sale.

Continue to dream of shutting it down. There is no replacement. No secret software house in the wings with employees sitting in their cubes busily scribbling out code for the next great star wars MMO.

Not happening.

You wish this game to be dead, then dead it will be, with no replacement.

Death < > rebirth when it comes to software. Contracts = rebirth, and only one software house has such a contract.

This is it, buddy.

...Death < > rebirth when it comes to software. Contracts = rebirth, and only one software house has such a contract.

This is it, buddy.

Wrong, "buddy"

Visceral Games has one slated for 2018. Spend some time doing some research before you make value judgements.

Edited by Decidion

It's 9 months in and not even half an op has shown up yet. Sure they could rush it and we will have 5.4 all over again or worse. I doubt we are seeing an expansion this year and most likely seeing the current story and op pushed into early next year.

It's hard to keep the faith as more and more people leave the game.

I agree, been playing since launch. The group that I played with for years, has left, and most said they have no desire to come back. We loved to raid, but no interest in doing this new Op that takes forever to release in full. One boss every few months is not going to bring people back. It's so obvious the original crew who made this game so great are long gone.

-eric

I do appreciate that you are cautious when announcing release dates, though I wish you would reveal more about the future content. We still do not know what new content is coming with 5.5. I am assuming that it will have the third raid boss but who knows. Without that knowledge, it is difficult to prepare my raid group accordingly. Other MMOs do a way better job.

The fact that 5.5 had to be pushed backed and that we still haven't gotten the roadmap doesn't give me much confidence. If anything, it is confirming the rumors that devs have been moved to develop Anthem and that SWTOR is understaffed.

I do hope that you can get back on course and make me more hopeful for the game's future.

Edited by Jerba

Don't be naive, there won't be any roadmap before NY {?} Cantina and there still can be no expansion coming this year (although knowing current state of the game and dropp out rate there must be one).

Machines ops is taking way too much time, you must have released 4/5 bosses already (and removed that train/shuttle transport thing after each boss fight which is annoying to use 4 times in single op).

There is likely so be 1 or 2 more fps this year, but more than that is little likely since bwa must be working mostly on Anthem atm. They can't even fix dailies cxp bug ;P.

Still w8ting for class and utility changes for 5.5 starting with the next week.

Edited by JessieStar