Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preventing a player from throwing matches

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Preventing a player from throwing matches

MaximilianPower
08.01.2017 , 01:42 PM | #11
In addition to Griefing Self-Destructor I'd add a sub-category, Griefing Inveterate Foodship. I ran into this on Harb last night. The offender started out the match with a few suicides, then switched "tactics" and began (as far as I could tell) autoflying straight into the enemy. This was LS TDM, so the guy was quickly and repeatedly killed by hungry gunships. Died that way at least 10 times. He finished 0-1-17, with 662 damage on 14% shooting...I suppose he accidentally got a couple of shots off at some point.

Make no mistake, it was definitely griefing (as indicated by the post-match banter in /gsf). So, I guess it's actionable, but a little trickier than Griefing Self-Destructor. There's a blurry line somewhere between griefing and halfheartedly trying.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TřbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Verain
08.01.2017 , 03:30 PM | #12
Agreed, but the same technical mitigation would dampen both effects. It will still remain ultimately a ToS level issue though.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

SoontirMorillo
09.13.2017 , 08:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bncsmom View Post
I did report him. I told them he was ruining it for everyone else and offered my suggestion as a way to help prevent people like Dan from being able to throw their temper tantrums and ruin everyone else's day.
I'm not proud of it. But it is ridicilous. A Deathmatch...enemy team consists out of four gunships, surrounded by three bombers, and one scout. Within 30 seconds of gameplay it is 0-10 kills. There is absolutely no way i gonna sit there and wait, till my team figured out a strategy to break through. Of course i will selfdestruct as much as possible to end this missery. No, i don't leave the match. Because the next match is the same. If i stay, at least it will count for the daily/weekly. You can report as much as you want, but i really don't think, i am the one ruining everyone else's game. The enemy team tactic is ruining GSF, and that's why nobody stays long enough to really get into it. And thats my two cents.

If i get any punishment for this behaviour in an obviously lost match, i just stop playing GSF. Or i will find a way to end it quickly without punishment...just fly in range...stop engines...wait a split second before two or three gunships will kill me.

SeCKSEgai
09.13.2017 , 08:31 AM | #14
Here's the thing - people will be overly matched and run a gunship wall in a kill match. These people expect that you are to try in vain to deal with said gunship wall. The easiest way to reduce griefing is to give both sides a reasonable chance of winning - but as most of us are selfish and inconsiderate of our fellow lesser skilled pilots, you're unlikely to see those close matches.

For example, yesterday evening, one match was won by a single point. There was no special organizing and simply random players thrown together. After a group of four pilots chose to fly on the same side it became extremely one-sided after that. I can tell you that close match was more enjoyable to all its players vs the lop-sided matches which only really catered to the winners.

Either way, you can't truly prevent a player from throwing a match if they really want to. But if you encourage competitively gameplay instead of mindless domination you're a lot more likely to avoid it.
Réiyn - Maryss - Rölánd - Monéy - Retrocide - Reiyń

Rélentless - Reíyn - Rölańd - Tŕtiana

HeatRacer
09.13.2017 , 10:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SeCKSEgai View Post
Here's the thing - people will be overly matched and run a gunship wall in a kill match. These people expect that you are to try in vain to deal with said gunship wall. The easiest way to reduce griefing is to give both sides a reasonable chance of winning - but as most of us are selfish and inconsiderate of our fellow lesser skilled pilots, you're unlikely to see those close matches.
The standard reply will be "git gud", and "get your own group".
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

nvlvbiomedical
09.21.2017 , 10:39 PM | #16
there's absolutely nothing wrong with someone who is trying their very best and still dies a lot..... replace that one with the Weak Hearted "Pro" Who Groups To Farm Noobs

GSF is damaged wayyyyy more by these "pros" than it is by people who try hard, have fun, and die a lot...

Magira
09.23.2017 , 05:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by bncsmom View Post
I did report him. I told them he was ruining it for everyone else and offered my suggestion as a way to help prevent people like Dan from being able to throw their temper tantrums and ruin everyone else's day.
Not that I want to defend the behavior of Dan, quite the contrary.
But if a lost GSF match ruins your day, you have a very poor life.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

LasagnaSurfer
10.16.2017 , 02:15 AM | #18
It would be nice if the kick feature was instant with no recourse (like shooting or self destructing again) once a 3rd Self Destruct is logged. Like I get that you could be a bad flyer, but the you might spend a little time in the tutorial practicing before you come into a match.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla> Satele Shan twitch.tv/zwoopity

LasagnaSurfer
10.16.2017 , 02:17 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SoontirMorillo View Post
I'm not proud of it. But it is ridicilous. A Deathmatch...enemy team consists out of four gunships, surrounded by three bombers, and one scout. Within 30 seconds of gameplay it is 0-10 kills. There is absolutely no way i gonna sit there and wait, till my team figured out a strategy to break through. Of course i will selfdestruct as much as possible to end this missery. No, i don't leave the match. Because the next match is the same. If i stay, at least it will count for the daily/weekly. You can report as much as you want, but i really don't think, i am the one ruining everyone else's game. The enemy team tactic is ruining GSF, and that's why nobody stays long enough to really get into it. And thats my two cents.

If i get any punishment for this behaviour in an obviously lost match, i just stop playing GSF. Or i will find a way to end it quickly without punishment...just fly in range...stop engines...wait a split second before two or three gunships will kill me.
There is literally no tactic that exists that doesn't have a counter. Gunship walls can be beaten, bomber balls have counters. Merely giving up because you personally lack the skill is griefing.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla> Satele Shan twitch.tv/zwoopity

LasagnaSurfer
10.16.2017 , 02:27 AM | #20
Also just a couple weeks ago I entered a match as a backfill that was losing 18 to 1. We won that match 50 to 38. So your "oh woes me we are down by ten i need to throw this match" is not okay.