Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to: Stealth-rez in operations

Threjyan
09.07.2017 , 07:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
ooh, one thing to add, personal pet peeve when pugging: if the assassin/shadow in your group is playing deception/infiltration don't get annoyed if they don't rush to stealth rez as soon as someone dies. Deception uses force cloak rotationally so more often than not it'll be on cooldown and spamming "stealth rez!!!!!" in chat won't make it go any faster
or when operatives use the disapearing act as a part to trigger an tactical advantage

but mostly, im concerned that stelth rez is broken.
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

masterceil
09.07.2017 , 08:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Threjyan View Post
for real mero? ur you just talking without knowing what we are talking/discussing about?

u are aware stelth rez is broken right?

or please do teach me how u are still able to stelth rez in operations cause i simply cant do it anymore after they made us all enter in combat exactly at 2 seconds when right clicking some dead player. please do share your wisdom.
This. There can be absolutely nothing going on - no HoTs, no DoTs, no Guard, no Buffs, no raid-wide damage, no add spawns - and stealth rez will still fail exactly two seconds into the cast. I've yet to see anyone explain how they get around this : (
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Exocor
09.07.2017 , 10:07 AM | #13
so ur basicly telling people that the way it was done since the start of the game - right click on a dead body- doesnt work anymore?

because i have also asked in the past about this "feature" they recently (2 or 3 months ago i think) introduced - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=926931

in any case if the way u stated works, i will work on this new way - i used to stelth rez many times - but after the "right click feature" it was impossible. (after exactly 2 secs i got into combat again)

many thx for the tip!
I don't say, that it doesn't work via right-click. However, it happens to me more then one time, that my character started using basic attack (it is normally keybinded at right-ckick) instead of started rezzing.

In general, I often heard about the 2-second-problem mentioned in some posts, but it happens very rarely to me. On Tuesday, I rezzed a healer at C-Zero, DF NiM. Yesterday, I was able to rez a DPS at Hateful and another DPS at Raptus HM. I identified the Guard as a problem. As soon as I put it off, I only got interupted very very rarely.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Threjyan
09.08.2017 , 05:53 AM | #14
and guess what. i finally managed to do a stelth rez yesterday, using the op sugestion.
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

masterceil
09.11.2017 , 05:52 AM | #15
and guess what. i finally managed to do a stelth rez yesterday, using the op sugestion.
I was able to stealth rez a few times in Eyeless yesterday, finally (lol 22min fight in HM16). One attempt failed at the two second mark with no damage taken or heals received. One other attempt failed because a healer bubbled me mid-cast. Got 3-4 stealth rezzes off without issue, though.

I'm gonna need to do some more testing, though. Like I said, it did fail once with no apparent reason for the failure. I'd like to take more shots at it in a fight where no adds spawn and there are only two healers in the op - both in voice - so they can keep their bubbles off me when I'm doin' the thing : )

Exocor
09.11.2017 , 06:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
I was able to stealth rez a few times in Eyeless yesterday, finally (lol 22min fight in HM16). One attempt failed at the two second mark with no damage taken or heals received. One other attempt failed because a healer bubbled me mid-cast. Got 3-4 stealth rezzes off without issue, though.

I'm gonna need to do some more testing, though. Like I said, it did fail once with no apparent reason for the failure. I'd like to take more shots at it in a fight where no adds spawn and there are only two healers in the op - both in voice - so they can keep their bubbles off me when I'm doin' the thing : )
Yeah, the 2-second-thing is strange. We had several situations within the last days. Our other stealthers weren't able to finish a single revive. I were able to reproduce it, in a situation, when I did not had the time to remove the guard. And then it ends exactly at the 2-second-mark. Maybe, it's not just a guard between you and someone else, but any guard, that is actively given while the revive is in progress.

It maybe also have something to do with debuffs on a certain target, that are falling of, while the rez is casting. It's also possible, that a debuff, that gets triggered (e.g. a tank-debuff, that reduces the mr-damage-output, gets triggered by the target shooting with his blaster), is forcing you back into combat. I'll try to keep an eye on this in our next raids, by placing a debuff on an active target and then trying to stealth out and rez.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

rantboi
09.12.2017 , 05:43 AM | #17
mine failed in ravagers after getting rid of Cora and the bird before moving to the next part. waited for all the probes to fall off and no one in group even moved while i was doing it and it still failed for no reason

Torvai
09.12.2017 , 07:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by rantboi View Post
mine failed in ravagers after getting rid of Cora and the bird before moving to the next part. waited for all the probes to fall off and no one in group even moved while i was doing it and it still failed for no reason
Because it's broken.

Seriously, while the OP isn't wrong, it's all useless info atm. Sometimes it simply doesn't work since 5.0. Perfectly valid rezes fail for no reason at exactly 2 seconds into the cast.

There's only so much that pulls you into combat in an instanced area: Dealing damage, taking damage, healing others(including roaming mend, since the heal bouncing off of you counts as you healing someone), adds spawning. That's it. Nothing to do with guard or buffs or anything else. Especially since these kind of things could be seen in a log. They aren't. In the instances where this happens, there's not even a "entering combat" logged anywhere.

Edit: To quote KBN on this, who probably has more understanding on the game mechanics than most other players combined:
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
[...]
Things to keep in mind while stealth rezing:
  • Healing someone (e.g. with a latent HoT) will pull you back into combat
  • Dealing damage (e.g. with a latent DoT) will pull you back into combat
  • Someone else healing you will NOT pull you back into combat
  • Someone using a "bouncy" heal (Wandering Mend is the worst here, but Successive Treatment can also qualify sometimes) that hits you will pull you into combat
  • Someone using Force Armor on you will generally pull you into combat
  • If you're a shadow, someone else stepping into your Phase Walk will pull you into combat
  • If your guard target takes damage or deals damage, you will be pulled back into combat
  • AoEs will pull you into combat (duh)
  • Bizarre, invisible, debuff-changing effects (like Walkabout) will often pull you into combat
  • Applying raid buffs will generally pull you into combat, though not always
  • New NPCs entering the fight will pull you into combat (note that many mechanics that don't look like NPCs are actually counted as such invisibly by the game)
  • Dealing damage by reflect (basically, the Vanguard AoE taunt utility) will pull you back into combat
  • Sometimes, the mere application of the reflect by your friendly neighborhood vanguard will pull you back into combat
[...]
The only save way around this bug seems to be to not right click the corpse but targeting it and using the skill manually.

masterceil
09.12.2017 , 08:05 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
The only save way around this bug seems to be to not right click the corpse but targeting it and using the skill manually.
Note that my 3-4 successful stealth rezzes in Eyeless the other day were all done with the actual 'Revive' skill on my quickbar. I did used to just right click the body, but someone (I think in this thread) said that may be an issue, so now I'm trying to use the actual Revive skill explicitly.

Torvai
09.12.2017 , 08:15 AM | #20
That's what I meant. If you right click the body it stops at 2 seconds and you're in combat again. If you manually target the body and click the skill, it works. If nothing that normally pulls you into combat applies, off course.