Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CXP and Daily Areas throughout September

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
CXP and Daily Areas throughout September
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kalizo
09.08.2017 , 01:03 PM | #81
I'm really happy about this. I'm a pretty casual player and I also don't like operations and raiding, so the boost in CXP has made it possible for me to actually gear some of my characters who have been using green and blue drops. Glad you guys are considering raising it permanently. And thanks for the extended boost. <3

Darthanimus
09.08.2017 , 01:14 PM | #82
People will find the path of least resistance..That is to say the fastest way to gear up will be the most popular. I am glad that the dailies are worth doing once more. I hate to see parts of the game abandoned as worthless. We all want to gear up fast and enjoy the more challenging parts of the game. So its natural that less profitable and more grindy parts of the game are overlooked. There is so much of this game to play and keep everyone occupied. It is nice to see this decision being made to keep the better rewards for older content, sure its at a higher rate than you originally wanted but isn't it more important that people enjoy themselves with varied and worthwhile game play? I used the dailies to do some gearing but I also didn't forget operations and war zone too, because of this the journey to max cxp level was (this time around) far more enjoyable.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

commanderwar
09.08.2017 , 01:32 PM | #83
this is awesome, love the cxp for dallies thanks keith
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

twpotter
09.08.2017 , 01:41 PM | #84
At last!!!! Signs of Wisdom, Logic, and intelligence from Bioware.

All i can say is thankyou for realising that the cxp daily bug is actually just the right amount those missions should be awarding. All you have to do now is bring everything else in line.
SUGAR'RAY--PROGENITOR 500K PRESTIGE--55K ACHIEVES

avenger_online
09.08.2017 , 02:08 PM | #85
What about missing sub time

Paulsutherland
09.08.2017 , 03:27 PM | #86
awesome

KeithKanneg
09.08.2017 , 04:01 PM | #87 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TW-Cool View Post
Keith,

Can you confirm if the 200% Valor boost will also be returning with the event? It was active during the previous event that had the downtown.
The event should work exactly as it did last time!

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Tharandil
09.08.2017 , 04:30 PM | #88
Great thing! Thanks now leveling my alts is a lot more fun.
Maybe an idea to keep it permanent?

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

KeithKanneg
09.08.2017 , 04:35 PM | #89 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
See, your whole post and this is what stood out to me the most in all of it. I accept that the team may well be looking at CXP rewards Keith and welcome that. However with that said, if you think that the CXP gained for dailies was "over the top" then perhaps I think the team is missing the whole point here.

You really should start asking yourselves why players flocked to do dailies for CXP, perhaps I could suggest an answer to that but I would prefer you came to the natural conclusion among yourselves.

I would also like to thank the developer that introduced this bug, they should receive a bonus for doing so, and if they would be so kind to introduce this bug to every other area of the game that rewards CXP, I highly doubt you would receive any complaints from the community. I'll let you mull over that.
You're actually reading way too much into that part of my post as we all agree with the sentiment everyone has communicated. Overall, we concur with the comments about CXP rates, incentives, and having areas of the game with high CXP values is very motivational. We also fully understand the positive impact it has had for everyone.

We know if Daily Areas are the only place to get great CXP, then rest of the content in the game gets ignored and eventually everyone will burn out. Hence, we need to make sure you can benefit from all areas of the game. We're reviewing when we can get that effort done.

-Keith--
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
09.08.2017 , 04:46 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
You're actually reading way too much into that part of my post as we all agree with the sentiment everyone has communicated. Overall, we concur with the comments about CXP rates, incentives, and having areas of the game with high CXP values is very motivational. We also fully understand the positive impact it has had for everyone.

We know if Daily Areas are the only place to get great CXP, then rest of the content in the game gets ignored and eventually everyone will burn out. Hence, we need to make sure you can benefit from all areas of the game. We're reviewing when we can get that effort done.

-Keith--
Very good plan Keith - thank you for giving more details to your thinking.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)