Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

CXP and Daily Areas throughout September

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
CXP and Daily Areas throughout September
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Storm-Cutter's Avatar


Storm-Cutter
09.08.2017 , 04:18 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
[*]It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Again, I want to thank you all for your patience the past couple of weeks.

Keith---
Except when you put too high bonuses, SM ops, FPs, Uprisings, GSF and PvP suffer from people there, doing nothing or next to nothing for a huge reward. - Was a problem before and I predict, will be again.

Why do you actively encourage one or two people to repeatedly spoil the game for a dozen others? - Or is this all part of some nefarious plan?

SMH
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

XhrisShan's Avatar


XhrisShan
09.08.2017 , 04:19 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
  • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.
This wouldn't mean much unless we could choose which planet we want to do planetary missions for (from the GC interface), rather than repeatedly clicking the Planetary Missions icon until we get the planet we want.

lynxkiller's Avatar


lynxkiller
09.08.2017 , 04:51 AM | #53
Thank you So much !!!!!!!!! <3
Lord Imperial Commander of the Knights Watch

SebastiaanZ's Avatar


SebastiaanZ
09.08.2017 , 05:31 AM | #54
This is very nice Keith! Thank you! Gives me less of a headache to CXP level a few more toons!

One more question, can you tell us when 5.5 will land?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

AW_Solo's Avatar


AW_Solo
09.08.2017 , 06:49 AM | #55
Well decided. It is nice to have a reason to go back to those level 50 primary areas again. it was nice to have to wait (sort of) in line to finish an objective say in the Black Hole instead of it being a ghost town.

darkapprentice's Avatar


darkapprentice
09.08.2017 , 06:56 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Unfortunately, I no longer believe you, Keith. The past few months, you were adamant on not removing the grind although players begged you to remove it...
Demanding or begging things from others won't always get you what you want, deal with it. Not to you directly, but everyone who has this thing where they think they can get what they want by complaining or whatever they do. Probably didn't work when you were a child so why expect it to change after you (supposedly) became an adult.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
The 5.0 goal of "play whatever you want and get rewarded" is once again ignored. I like dailies, in the right dosage. Running all dailies for multiple days on multiple alts is not fun. Meanwhile, other activities don't give nearly as much CXP, so there's no point doing anything other than dailies for CXP.
then don't do it. Pretty sure no forced you do do them against your will. It's your time, no one else's. You chose to do the dailies multiple days on multiple alts. Really difficult to make a big deal over something you chose to do.
Eclipse Vet (Sarah'Skye/Kara') Pre-CU TKA/Master Doc.
<RRR> Member. Ex member of <-A-> and Musica
Chim: Kyera and Sarah' Ex Member of SoS (Sisters of Serenity)

Zasszz's Avatar


Zasszz
09.08.2017 , 06:58 AM | #57
How exactly is it an "early" return if we have to wait for 3 months to enjoy the double XP event again? Is it that hard to make a board, write the events on it, throw a dart and make the week the event you hit? I dont see double XP different than gree or rakghoul events.
______________
333 - Only half evil.

Free goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/VcBZjK

Quraswren's Avatar


Quraswren
09.08.2017 , 07:32 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

Recently, we have had more maintenances than normal. This was compounded by our update issues last Thursday which led to over 10 hours of maintenance. Thursday’s issue along with the extra downtime have impacted all of our playtime, and they especially are bothersome when you consider how much XP and CXP you lost from the Double XP/CXP event was running along with the over the top CXP for Daily Areas. So, to make sure your characters can take advantage from both, here’s what we going to do:

  • Since the Double XP/CXP event ended on Tuesday, we’ve decided to bring it back earlier than planned. That is, we had scheduled to make it available in December around the holidays, but it’ll return with the launch of Game Update 5.5. That will give you another full week to benefit from the event.
  • The Daily Area bug is also going to stick around for a few weeks. As Eric mentioned in another post, our plan was to fix it next week in another patch, but we’ve decided to hold off any changes until Game Update 5.5. I’m personally leveraging this as a means of playing my other toons and raising their Command Rank to 300. Honestly, it’s been a lot of fun seeing so many other players taking advantage, too.
    • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Again, I want to thank you all for your patience the past couple of weeks.

Keith---
It's great that you see the value of better CXP rates and the positive it does for the game.

You could be on a roll here with some good things to happen so please don't screw it up.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

TW-Cool's Avatar


TW-Cool
09.08.2017 , 08:48 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

Since the Double XP/CXP event ended on Tuesday, we’ve decided to bring it back earlier than planned. That is, we had scheduled to make it available in December around the holidays, but it’ll return with the launch of Game Update 5.5. That will give you another full week to benefit from the event.
Keith,

Can you confirm if the 200% Valor boost will also be returning with the event? It was active during the previous event that had the downtown.

jsharker's Avatar


jsharker
09.08.2017 , 08:54 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

Recently, we have had more maintenances than normal. This was compounded by our update issues last Thursday which led to over 10 hours of maintenance. Thursday’s issue along with the extra downtime have impacted all of our playtime, and they especially are bothersome when you consider how much XP and CXP you lost from the Double XP/CXP event was running along with the over the top CXP for Daily Areas. So, to make sure your characters can take advantage from both, here’s what we going to do:

  • Since the Double XP/CXP event ended on Tuesday, we’ve decided to bring it back earlier than planned. That is, we had scheduled to make it available in December around the holidays, but it’ll return with the launch of Game Update 5.5. That will give you another full week to benefit from the event.
  • The Daily Area bug is also going to stick around for a few weeks. As Eric mentioned in another post, our plan was to fix it next week in another patch, but we’ve decided to hold off any changes until Game Update 5.5. I’m personally leveraging this as a means of playing my other toons and raising their Command Rank to 300. Honestly, it’s been a lot of fun seeing so many other players taking advantage, too.
    • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Again, I want to thank you all for your patience the past couple of weeks.

Keith---
This is great news, thanks for this Keith - it's been fantastic to see so many people on the old daily areas as well, so I look forward to seeing where this leads to! On a side note... Perhaps a warning should be given to those on Section X - as I discovered to my dismay the other day (still waiting for a response!), with regards to alignment re-setting?

All the best,

James
-------------------
O'do Barsen'thor
The Hidden Nexus