Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CXP and Daily Areas throughout September

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
CXP and Daily Areas throughout September
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeithKanneg
09.07.2017 , 04:22 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

Recently, we have had more maintenances than normal. This was compounded by our update issues last Thursday which led to over 10 hours of maintenance. Thursday’s issue along with the extra downtime have impacted all of our playtime, and they especially are bothersome when you consider how much XP and CXP you lost from the Double XP/CXP event was running along with the over the top CXP for Daily Areas. So, to make sure your characters can take advantage from both, here’s what we going to do:

• Since the Double XP/CXP event ended on Tuesday, we’ve decided to bring it back earlier than planned. That is, we had scheduled to make it available in December around the holidays, but it’ll return with the launch of Game Update 5.5. That will give you another full week to benefit from the event.
  • The Daily Area bug is also going to stick around for a few weeks. As Eric mentioned in another post, our plan was to fix it next week in another patch, but we’ve decided to hold off any changes until Game Update 5.5. I’m personally leveraging this as a means of playing my other toons and raising their Command Rank to 300. Honestly, it’s been a lot of fun seeing so many other players taking advantage, too.
    • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Again, I want to thank you all for your patience the past couple of weeks.

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

orangenee
09.07.2017 , 04:25 PM | #2
That'll do nicely.

Now if you could just fix my agent.......
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Eshvara
09.07.2017 , 04:30 PM | #3
Great, thanks for listening to us!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

YlliyaXor
09.07.2017 , 04:33 PM | #4
Thanks!
When will 5.5 be inflicted upon us?
I hope this doesn't mean double cxp/xp for xmas is cancelled...

SirUrza
09.07.2017 , 04:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
  • It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.
I still think you guys should leave them where they are right now. It's bringing people back to the content the same way credits and the alliance system brought people back to the Heroic 2. The level scaling system made it so that we don't steam roll the content.

If you're going to do anything, look at scaling the Section X Heroic 4 down to Heroic 2 so people can solo it with a companion properly instead of slogging through Heroic 4 mobs and then ignoring the bonus boss.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Deewe
09.07.2017 , 04:34 PM | #6
Hi Keith,

I finally got one of my 18 alts to 300 and I can compare the fun with the holocron grind in SWG. A waste of time and a totally unfun and way too repetitive process.

The late bugs and bonuses made the process a bit less tedious.

That being said it was great to see people on those areas and also grouping with random people. For once the game felt an MMO.

Before leaving, thanks for the plaster, though we still have a hemorrhage to treat.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Elssha
09.07.2017 , 04:35 PM | #7
Please, please, *please* don't add an RNG element to it like the current highlighted activity. Being able to plan things for guilds is important, and the RNG makes it impossible to get groups going for activities and monopolize or even run proper events.

Be it a weekend ops marathon (but what if the day after ops are the highlight?) or organizing an RP event or other stuff people would normally be down for but cancel so they can grind warzones or something else that's highlighted. The random nature really screws with guilds/communities.

orangenee
09.07.2017 , 04:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SirUrza View Post
I still think you guys should leave them where they are right now. It's bringing people back to the content the same way credits and the alliance system brought people back to the Heroic 2. The level scaling system made it so that we don't steam roll the content.

If you're going to do anything, look at scaling the Section X Heroic 4 down to Heroic 2 so people can solo it with a companion properly instead of slogging through Heroic 4 mobs and then ignoring the bonus boss.
I'll tack on a rider to this, ALL the heroic 4s....
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

TUXs
09.07.2017 , 04:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Keith---
I'm very pleased to hear this Keith...thank you!!! I hate that it'll end ever, but I appreciate that you're extending the "bug" a little while longer - it has been the best thing to happen to the game since 5.0 dropped...and that's saying a lot from me because I really appreciate the Ops bosses and the new FP...but this is bringing players back, something the other two things didn't.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Deewe
09.07.2017 , 05:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SirUrza View Post
I'm far from a power player and I can solo those heroics with either my merc dps or my soc healer and a companion. The fights are tough but at least enjoyable.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle