Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We seriously need a item rating requirement on Mastermode Flashpoint

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
We seriously need a item rating requirement on Mastermode Flashpoint

No-self
09.06.2017 , 10:29 AM | #1
This is getting to be serious problem for me, quite a few times when i queue up for group finder master mode, i get teamed up with either a low item rating lvl 70 team or even worse; one or more players below level 70. In some cases this causes one (or more) player to leave the group straight away depending on what flashpoint it is, lets say its Korriban incursion, where the second boss has a really nasty soft-enrage and causes a ton of group wide damage if it's not killed within a certain time.

What i don't understand is how this is suppose to work when a low item rating player is doing this and because of either he's item rating or low level can't produce enough dps that is required? Bolstering does not seem to fix this problem at all. I cannot understand if's a problem with item rating or a problem that the player actually sucks and can't produce enough dps.

Now what bothers me even more is that Bioware seems to understand this concept in the new flashpoints "Crisis on umbara" where there is a item rating requirement to even enter the flashpoint on master mode.

Why don't we have a item rating requirement on master mode flashpoints?

MrNihulus
09.06.2017 , 10:35 AM | #2
I think the Devs are planning on implementing this in the future, I heard somewhere that they were thinking of adding the item requirement to other flashpoints.

Blood Hunt and Korriban Incursion definitely need an item rating requirement.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

bdatt
09.06.2017 , 10:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by No-self View Post
Now what bothers me even more is that Bioware seems to understand this concept in the new flashpoints "Crisis on umbara" where there is a item rating requirement to even enter the flashpoint on master mode.

Umbara has been out like 2 weeks? I would assume it was easier to implement on one new flashpoint, and try it out for a bit, than implement across the board and risk screwing things up. If they feel the gear requirement is successful, I'd expect a broader implementation to happen. Just not in 2 weeks.

Torvai
09.06.2017 , 03:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by No-self View Post

Because Umbara is tuned for that. All other FP's have bolster which is more than enough. If a group fails in a HM FP it's not a gear nor a level issue.

NikSunrider
09.06.2017 , 04:47 PM | #5
Objection! I rolled a new toon on a new server, no support from "mothership" server, did a bunch of HMs with an average item rating of 233. No big deal, its a skill issue, not a gear issue.

Back when I was helping my guild with DvL back in 4.0, I started tanking HM flashpoints at LVL 50 with lvl 50 gear and we cleared some of the intermediate-to-hard ones (We left BH/BoR till later, but I certainly did Korriban/Tython/LI/KUS underlevel and undergear, incl bonus bosses).
Eternal Q, definitely in the wrong franchise.
CFO <Bacon Pancakes>, raider/PVPer with <Nemesės> and <Eon>,
Owner-Operator <Cartel Vendor> - your one-stop shop for decorations and other cartel goods.

RaF Link • Info

RikuvonDrake
09.06.2017 , 05:05 PM | #6
I don't think that all flashpoints should have a gear requirement on Master mode, however, it would idea to expand the current pool with a few more, Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi, to name two would be a good start. Perhaps Bioware with their numbers and data could see which flashpoints are often started but not finished and add them to the pool of flashpoints with a gear requirement?

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

LordTurin
09.06.2017 , 11:19 PM | #7
As others have said, it's skill not gear. They don't need to implement gear requirements, they need to implement some kind of feedback system so players can see how they are doing without opening a 3rd party program (starparse).
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Sundown
09.06.2017 , 11:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
As others have said, it's skill not gear. They don't need to implement gear requirements, they need to implement some kind of feedback system so players can see how they are doing without opening a 3rd party program (starparse).
That definitely is an excellent idea! Some kind of "item rating <-> boss <-> discipline <-> DPS/HPS/TPS" thing connected with a corresponding boss requirement. It would give a player immediate feedback about whether or not he is actually contributing or being carried.

Problem is: not gonna happen (effort), and I suspect many players would just get desillusioned by it or ignore it completely, because it is not "casual", but rather the opposite.

merovejec
09.07.2017 , 12:23 AM | #9
As it was already mentioned the old Master Mode FPS (new is only Umbara) have bolster, there were numerous videos of people beating the bosses naked, only with weapons equiped so that they can use abilities. This means that gear is not an issue in Master Mode FPS, but Skill!

Nevertheless this does not get rid of the incompetence in the FPS and I also agree there should be something implemented that will show the players what and who is the problem. This was great in WoW where the dps/hps stats were visible for the entire group and people knew whom to blame right away.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

Sabachthanus
09.07.2017 , 04:49 PM | #10
As others have said, it's mostly about skill rather than gear. If I'm a tank, I can make up for substandard heals. If I'm DPS, I can make up for a substandard DPS. If I'm a heals, I can make up for a substandard tank. But I cannot do it when we are missing one of those roles entirely.

Thus, I would very much like it if the devs locked roles in MM GF to spec rather than just advanced class. There's nothing worse than getting to Sav-Rak and finding out that your heals is not, in fact, a heals - they just forgot to uncheck the box in GF. And then they refuse to respec.

A lot of people since 4.0 (and the advent of koltos) don't seem to understand that yes, you do need a trinity to do MM FP's.
How do you know I'm not a Colicoid?