Maintenance: September 6th, 2017

EricMusco

• We are not fixing the bug with Daily Area Missions, so those CXP rewards will remain crazy high for the time being.

That's what you call crazy high is it? If it was 20000 CXP per daily, that would be crazy high. I'd call it the bare minimum baseline where BioWare should be starting at, then bringing everything else in-line with time spent vs reward.

Edited by Transcendent

I think the bug is the best thing that could happen to them. It again lives in the Daily Areas, open PvP. It would be really stupid to fix that now. But they often do stupid things. Just keep the bug permanently from time to time a double event and the Com. is content. ;)

More likely that they can't make sudden changes without some severe consequences, and more likely quite a few unintended ones on top of it all.

This seems reasonable. From what I gather events are set up a while in advance.

After last weeks kerfuffle it's obvious the game is a little sensitive to change.

This seems reasonable. From what I gather events are set up a while in advance.

After last weeks kerfuffle it's obvious the game is a little sensitive to change.

lol, kerfuffle? more like fubar snafu. this feels more like that mechanic that just throws parts at problems without understanding the root cause or overlapping issues.

• [*]We are not fixing the bug with Daily Area Missions, so those CXP rewards will remain crazy high for the time being.

So 1500 CXP is what you consider as "crazy high"? Really? Right now it's quite literally the only reason to go back to these old daily areas that've become obsolete when 4.0 came out. It's also moderately good for alting, so it should stay this way.

* We are not fixing the bug with Daily Area Missions, so those CXP rewards will remain crazy high for the time being.

Be warned that if you do the daily area missions, you might have your Light/Dark alignment reset to 0.

Several people have hit this bug. We're thinking it's part of either Czerka or Section X missions.

Customers service CANNOT restore your Alignment.

Edited by Xina_LA

You seem to think that there aren't a lot of people playing at midnight in America.

In fact, 5am GMT would be a very bad time for American players.

I know it sucks, but they've said they have to take the servers down at the same times and they do it when they are least populated.

Unfortunately that means during American off-times because of the higher populations.

If it were simple restarts, I imagine they could accommodate the different regions but I'm pretty sure it's got to do with keeping all versions of the game unified in all regions.

Midnight would be a lot better than prime time. Prime time being the busiest period and midnight being, well, not.

Be warned that if you do the daily area missions, you might have your Light/Dark alignment reset to 0.

Several people have hit this bug. We're thinking it's part of either Czerka or Section X missions.

It is actually Section X. Most of the time it occurs if you log out after doing Section X but I have heard that is not always the case.

Good question.

As indicated above, we are not planning to have a patch with our maintenance tomorrow and this means a few things:

• We are not fixing the bug with Daily Area Missions, so those CXP rewards will remain crazy high for the time being.
  • The Umbara Stronghold exploit is still possible. Again, please avoid this exploit as we will be investigating and taken action once addressed.
  • We are unable to extend the "double" event.

Right now it seems likely we will have a patch on Tuesday of next week. If that happens I will let you know the status of the above bullets. We know there is great interest in seeing some more of the double event and we are looking at timing for that.

Thank you again for your patience this past week.

-eric

How about fixing the bug that causes UT points to reset whenever you log in/out of the game?

Avoid Section X if you're a pub. You'll be fine.

[*]We are unable to extend the "double" event.

Because... ?

[*]Right now it seems likely we will have a patch on Tuesday of next week. If that happens I will let you know the status of the above bullets. We know there is great interest in seeing some more of the double event and we are looking at timing for that.

How about this week or once a month? Constantly reminding us that you are "looking into it" but almost sounds condescending these days. DO IT AND REPORT BACK! Dont say you look into it. This isnt information for us! We want results, not empty promises!

[*]Thank you again for your patience this past week.

As if we had another choice...

More likely that they can't make sudden changes without some severe consequences, and more likely quite a few unintended ones on top of it all.

Which wasnt an issue a week ago but somehow is an issue now?

All servers are once again live, thanks everyone.

-eric

Maybe answer the mentioned concerns?!

I have yet to have this issue and I always run dailies. Since before the nice little cxp bug. I have seen multiple threads about it, but I have not experienced this. I always go dark on imp and light on pub. I have 1 pub that is dark and 1 imp that is light. No clue what causes this reset.

I have yet to have this issue and I always run dailies. Since before the nice little cxp bug. I have seen multiple threads about it, but I have not experienced this. I always go dark on imp and light on pub. I have 1 pub that is dark and 1 imp that is light. No clue what causes this reset.

It hit me once last year, when I logged out @ Section X with my Light V Sentinal. This is a pretty old bug, if not a particularly common one.

My commando was hit by it a few days ago :/

Sucks because I had gear with light 2 as a requirement.