Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: September 6th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: September 6th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
09.05.2017 , 12:14 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Wednesday, September 6th for back-end maintenance. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: 6 September 2017
TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

dragonrebornrand
09.05.2017 , 12:44 PM | #2
So is this going to reset conquest again?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Wednesday, September 6th for back-end maintenance. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

-eric

SebastiaanZ
09.05.2017 , 12:45 PM | #3
But still nothing on event extension? Cause you still owe us an answer on that.
The Skygardia Legacy LVL 50
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Qaballa
09.05.2017 , 12:52 PM | #4
What are you breaking this time?

masterceil
09.05.2017 , 12:53 PM | #5
We gonna get a thread for September's planned downtimes like we did for August, or...?
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
~¤{ Celestial Argonauts }¤~
~¤{ Celestial Dreadnauts }¤~

EricMusco
09.05.2017 , 12:56 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
But still nothing on event extension? Cause you still owe us an answer on that.
Good question.

As indicated above, we are not planning to have a patch with our maintenance tomorrow and this means a few things:
  • We are not fixing the bug with Daily Area Missions, so those CXP rewards will remain crazy high for the time being.
  • The Umbara Stronghold exploit is still possible. Again, please avoid this exploit as we will be investigating and taken action once addressed.
  • We are unable to extend the "double" event.

Right now it seems likely we will have a patch on Tuesday of next week. If that happens I will let you know the status of the above bullets. We know there is great interest in seeing some more of the double event and we are looking at timing for that.

Thank you again for your patience this past week.

-eric

EricMusco
09.05.2017 , 12:57 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
We gonna get a thread for September's planned downtimes like we did for August, or...?
Yup! I am just locking down timing of our maintenance for this month. It may be a day or two but I will have it up this week.

-eric

masterceil
09.05.2017 , 01:08 PM | #8
Yup! I am just locking down timing of our maintenance for this month. It may be a day or two but I will have it up this week.

-eric
Thanks for that : )

Now about that Roadmap...
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
~¤{ Celestial Argonauts }¤~
~¤{ Celestial Dreadnauts }¤~

Stellarcrusade
09.05.2017 , 01:13 PM | #9
Good question.

As indicated above, we are not planning to have a patch with our maintenance tomorrow and this means a few things:
  • We are not fixing the bug with Daily Area Missions, so those CXP rewards will remain crazy high for the time being.
  • The Umbara Stronghold exploit is still possible. Again, please avoid this exploit as we will be investigating and taken action once addressed.
  • We are unable to extend the "double" event.

Right now it seems likely we will have a patch on Tuesday of next week. If that happens I will let you know the status of the above bullets. We know there is great interest in seeing some more of the double event and we are looking at timing for that.

Thank you again for your patience this past week.

-eric
I know most people have asked that we make the inflated heroics the normal rate, which sounds great, but maybe a better idea:
1.) Change ALL heroics (not just the broken ones) to be something like 200 (up from the 75).
2.) For EACH item "featured" in the galactic command for the day, greatly increase the current bonus. The current bonus really isn't worth even changing behavior, whereas having a 20x multiple may be.

This would be better than making the current broken heroics permanent because:
1.) When heroics are featured ALL will be, so we will not crowd too many in the same place and more variety would keep it less likely to get boring.
2.) We would actually have incentive to do different things each day, giving us the chance to see each item as a mini event and actually featured (currently most just ignore what is featured because bonus is too small).

avenger_online
09.05.2017 , 01:32 PM | #10
Hey everyone!

Details:

-eric

Again along with every patch it effects European prime time. It was good that you did the server restart early in the morning but why cant it be done with every maintenance I mean 5 am gmt will be around midnight in America so each zones prime time is not effected.