Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeithKanneg
09.02.2017 , 07:02 AM | #2031 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tisaren View Post
In my opinion 'losing' 50 cents for not being able to play for one day, doesn't give me the right to demand anything. I just hope that BW will look at their quality control seriously and do everything they can to prevent **** like this happening in the future.
Thanks for this post. We messed up, we admitted it, we fixed it, and we tried to put this behind us. I totally agree with your statement about our internal processes and doing what we can to prevent this from happening again.

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

rustybook
09.02.2017 , 08:45 AM | #2032
Quote: Originally Posted by DoubleDoom View Post
Just pointing out that the EU is a bureaucracy and not a country or a continent. There are a number of countries in Europe that are not members of the EU and another soon not to be.

So, its not just those in the EU that lost play time. Others in Europe did too.
EU is also an abbreviation for Europe, which is a continent. And regardless of them being in the EU Union or not, they are still in Europe which means they are located on the continent. Being in a continent is entirely a geographical thing, doesn't have anything to do with the Union.
It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey.
A quarantine zone for a plague that kills turians. Why don't we ever go anywhere nice?
I have 16 characters.My new main is Anna Xandra,(Server)Progenitor

rustybook
09.02.2017 , 08:48 AM | #2033
Quote: Originally Posted by Tisaren View Post
In my opinion 'losing' 50 cents for not being able to play for one day, doesn't give me the right to demand anything. I just hope that BW will look at their quality control seriously and do everything they can to prevent **** like this happening in the future.
I don't think you understand that it's not about the money. It's about proper skilled customer support. Something that has been sorely lacking. It's also the fact we did lose game time. The amount of money is irrelevant, if you lose any time that you paid for you should be compensated for it. It's clear to me you do not understand how to run any kind of business. I can also tell you haven't been around for long since this type of issue where they do a patch then only break the game for another unscheduled maintenance has happened many times.
It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey.
A quarantine zone for a plague that kills turians. Why don't we ever go anywhere nice?
I have 16 characters.My new main is Anna Xandra,(Server)Progenitor

SebastiaanZ
09.02.2017 , 08:52 AM | #2034
When will we be getting word on whether or not we are getting that extension of Double XP/CXP? I assume monday? Since its ending after that.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

CaptRogue
09.02.2017 , 09:10 AM | #2035
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
When will we be getting word on whether or not we are getting that extension of Double XP/CXP? I assume monday? Since its ending after that.
Well considering Keith's post above you, I wouldn't hold my breath. From the way that reads, the compensation was given in the form of the codes, bots snatched up as soon as they were posted & they're moving on. In other words, come Tues (Mon is a national holiday) no word will be mentioned.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

casirabit
09.02.2017 , 09:17 AM | #2036
Quote: Originally Posted by rustybook View Post
I don't think you understand that it's not about the money. It's about proper skilled customer support. Something that has been sorely lacking. It's also the fact we did lose game time. The amount of money is irrelevant, if you lose any time that you paid for you should be compensated for it. It's clear to me you do not understand how to run any kind of business. I can also tell you haven't been around for long since this type of issue where they do a patch then only break the game for another unscheduled maintenance has happened many times.
I have lost time from my internet, my cable and they don't normally compensate you for that unless it is longer than one day so they don't know how to run a business either. I been here since launch and things happen. No one is perfect and that also means a company. How you handle those type of situation also reflects on what type of character you have. I have seen people throw tantrums just because something happens and then I have seen people that are patient.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

casirabit
09.02.2017 , 09:18 AM | #2037
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
Monday is labor day and a holiday.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Costello
09.02.2017 , 09:25 AM | #2038
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Thanks for this post. We messed up, we admitted it, we fixed it, and we tried to put this behind us. I totally agree with your statement about our internal processes and doing what we can to prevent this from happening again.

---Keith
Its seems that every couple of weeks there is a post about messing up and doing better. I think the last was Eric about conquest

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...24#edit9394024

where what happened was unacceptable and you would be looking at it. Then there is the feeling of being somewhat duped by the stronghold limit, the attempt and failure to fix the CXP bug. People are most happy about a bug and rather than leave it, you attempt to fix it only to not manage this, making people happy you can't fix bugs.

But that aside, would you recommend SWTOR to a friend who asked if he should come back after 5.0 dropped and he completed the story? Or would you have to say 'Definitely come back if you want a rng dependent or forced PvP/ grouping end game and get to experience a story where you play the ultimate chump and get to be betrayed and impotently rage against or pathetically beg the traitor to come back. But more than this unexpected downtime, bugs, patch delays will also add to your fun as they have added an element of rng to whether content will be released or if the servers are up!'

ivanhedgehog
09.02.2017 , 09:32 AM | #2039
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
No need to give me that attitude. If your world view is that simple, good for you. Someone who works in IT will think differently about an outage due to infra failure as opposed to software failure.

And relax. No one is crying.
I just hope he and the rest of the white knights dont work in medicine or other critical fields....

orangenee
09.02.2017 , 09:32 AM | #2040
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Monday is labor day and a holiday.
Oh what the hell......that's another ******* day without my Agent then.

It's a conspiracy I tells ya.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn