Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SW:Rebels Season III

phalczen
03.30.2017 , 07:45 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
So then we're at this season's conclusion a solid ending with the Empire on the winning side, the Rebellion fleeing for their lifes. Thrawn wins the day, but get's a ominous message while doing so. I firmly enjoyed the Season finale, I would categorize it as an classing Star Wars story; a touch of ESB if you like. Not as Epic as Season 2, not as Cool as season 1, but, as I said, a classic Star Wars ending.

One important message for future references; The Force don't choose sides. The Force simply is. Bendus message and actions speak quite clear; The Light Side, The Dark Side, those are inventions of Sentient beings, you can't have one without the other it would seem. That's a real big leap from the ideas George Lucas was molding considering the Force!?
HE doesn't feel obliged to choose a side. He submits to a middle of the road interpretation of the will of the Force. Its not all too dissimilar from what Valkorion/Marr/Satele ask us to do in Ch 12 of KOTFE. I'd also submit that the notions Bendu was rebelling against was the Force as construed/defined by the Jedi Order, the people that trained Kanan Jarrus, and as defined by the Sith. That may or may not always align with the Light side. Was Yoda's recommendation in Ep 2 to not tell the Senate that the council's ability to use the Force was diminished truly light sided? In that oft-cited interview, I don't recall Lucas actually saying the Jedi Order was selfless, he said the Force was light side and the light side was selfless. Maybe I'm grasping at straws and Filoni is certainly welcome to rewrite the notion of the Force as he deems necessary.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

t-darko
04.15.2017 , 05:50 AM | #272
Rebels Animated Origin Panel at Star Wars Celebrations

Johrun
08.31.2017 , 04:58 PM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharandil View Post
Spoiler
that much was clear, but it was over in an instant. They could have put a little bit more focus on the confrontation. Seems a bit anti climactic to me.
There was a lot of 'emotional material' between the two, so there was no need for a spectacular lightsaber duel.

It's confrontation of ideologies. Maul has lost everything. Kenobi hasn't, he is paving a way for the future. Neatly wrapped up.

Quote:
Maul had to die
Hopefully he got cloned :P