Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
08.26.2017 , 05:46 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
And for the rest of the companions...what I don't understand (and yes, I know, writing) is that when the Alliance commander becomes known to the rest of the galaxy, as KOTFE and KOTET go on, you would think they'd see you and try to find you. There are HoloNet broadcasts with your face, for Heaven's sake.

I can understand a character like Jaesa going off the rails and out of communication, but the others? Does not compute, if it's a love interest.
I have many months after everybody else recently become Eternal (?) Emperor, so you would think all these alliance alerts would be unnecessary. Then gain nobody would ever bother grinding 10 influence out of certain companions then, and Bioware likes people grinding. Means less worthwhile gameplay needs to be added...... that applies to every MMO (and JRPG for that matter) ever created though.

Seeing as I got spoiled as to who the traitor is I'd best go see all the context behind it is in Iokath/Umbara.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Swingkittie's Avatar


Swingkittie
08.30.2017 , 02:03 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
I have many months after everybody else recently become Eternal (?) Emperor, so you would think all these alliance alerts would be unnecessary. Then gain nobody would ever bother grinding 10 influence out of certain companions then, and Bioware likes people grinding. Means less worthwhile gameplay needs to be added...... that applies to every MMO (and JRPG for that matter) ever created though.

Seeing as I got spoiled as to who the traitor is I'd best go see all the context behind it is in Iokath/Umbara.
Well the silver lining to knowing who the betrayer is may prevent you from wasting thousands in gifts, or grinding for gifts on a companion that leaves you.

I just wonder how they are going to do this if our characters chose the galaxy wide message of telling Theron we love him and to come back. Our missing LI's may not want to even bother now.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

BlueShiftRecall's Avatar


BlueShiftRecall
08.30.2017 , 02:12 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Swingkittie View Post
I just wonder how they are going to do this if our characters chose the galaxy wide message of telling Theron we love him and to come back. Our missing LI's may not want to even bother now.
What I wonder is why couldn't our characters couldn't have done exactly the same message but for their own LI's who are still missing like Vector, Kira, Doc etc:. My IA would stop at nothing to find her husband but story wise she seems to have forgotten his existence.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

MikeCobalt's Avatar


MikeCobalt
08.31.2017 , 04:56 PM | #124
I'm guess here but the reason our Character never made any *Real attempt to find and bring back our Original Companions is because then they would return. BW and/or EA really don't seem to want that and have been very enigmatic about it. The Companions now being in their Undies (Holostatues) seems to me either 1 the Dev's are setting them up for a reunion or 2 they've lost the saved information due to Unnecessary data (Nolonger Important). What few times they've discussed them have been very ambiguous, Missed plans, didn't reply/elaborate and very Anti Climatic. Just not Important to them overall.

saberthoothcat's Avatar


saberthoothcat
01.04.2018 , 04:05 PM | #125
Old, news this thread, but I am still curious as I did all today. My curiousity goes to Jedi Knight. So Knight has Lord Scrouge, and Kira.
Kira is child of emperor, making her really big deal. Lord Scrouge is Immortal Sith and former Wrath. After chapter 3, Scrouge say that: "I will stay and make sure, that the Emperor has not left any suprises."
Him staying away from the KotFE and Eternal Throne is suprising, since he has plotting against the Emperor 300 years and when the time comes he is not there. (Wrath serve Vitiate, a second voice of the Valkorian.)
It actually seems like that there was two empire and two emperor Vitiate and Valkorian! World Eater and Emperor of Zakuul. But somewhere they were united. And Scrouge and Kira was forgotten.

Jesseriah's Avatar


Jesseriah
01.05.2018 , 03:23 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by saberthoothcat View Post
Old, news this thread, but I am still curious as I did all today. My curiousity goes to Jedi Knight. So Knight has Lord Scrouge, and Kira.
Kira is child of emperor, making her really big deal. Lord Scrouge is Immortal Sith and former Wrath. After chapter 3, Scrouge say that: "I will stay and make sure, that the Emperor has not left any suprises."
Him staying away from the KotFE and Eternal Throne is suprising, since he has plotting against the Emperor 300 years and when the time comes he is not there. (Wrath serve Vitiate, a second voice of the Valkorian.)
It actually seems like that there was two empire and two emperor Vitiate and Valkorian! World Eater and Emperor of Zakuul. But somewhere they were united. And Scrouge and Kira was forgotten.
Seems more like bad storytelling, as usual.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Charaktertransfer and more!

Mellina's Avatar


Mellina
01.09.2018 , 01:05 AM | #127
I just want Doc, Kira, Vector, and Corso back. Is that too much to ask?

cunctatorg's Avatar


cunctatorg
01.09.2018 , 08:52 AM | #128
It's obvious that ...
... these missing (old) companions are fully aware of the rise of the Alliance to the state of the supreme power of the Galaxy and the return of their SW:TOR Hero at the position of this Alliance's one Commander!!!...
Unless they are dead or isolated, even from the Force and every source of information; but why?

They can't be dead (all of them, that is...) because they are part of the story of one MMORPG!...Therefore ....
.... either they haven't the freedom to travel (why ... if not for a very serious reason?) or they have chosen not to return before the solution of some very serious puzzle regarding the fate of the Galaxy and the safety of their beloved and heroic .... companion-leader...

There is a third possibility, they are reluctant to return (Lord Scourge? Jaesa Williams? Ashara Zavros? Someone else?!?) because they have chosen to walk a different path... But what is so important and secretive regarding this very path?!?

There is also another possibility; they have been killed during their effort to investigate that danger; therefore our Character has to find out what happened, to complete their investigation and even to bring justice.... Darth Marr's Force ghost had something to tell about these dangers after alll: "Vaylin is behind Arcann and behind Vaylin are others...." ... and we already met one of them.
He also said that "many will die..."

McBaal's Avatar


McBaal
01.09.2018 , 11:26 AM | #129
I still hope for some very special force twist story expansion to reintroduce missing companions. Why? Because every (trained) force sensitive companion is still missing, none returned.
And the lack of informations about the future of the game tells me that they are currently debating about pimping or boxing the game. Invest or scrap. Maybe EA put SWTOR on hold for the moment after the SWBF2 / lootbox debacle.

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
01.09.2018 , 11:45 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by cunctatorg View Post
They can't be dead (all of them, that is...) because they are part of the story of one MMORPG!...Therefore ....
.... either they haven't the freedom to travel (why ... if not for a very serious reason?) or they have chosen not to return before the solution of some very serious puzzle regarding the fate of the Galaxy and the safety of their beloved and heroic .... companion-leader...
I'm guessing there are 13'ish galaxy threatening, all life ending super weapons out there.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj