Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TyreAsazi
08.31.2017 , 04:34 PM | #1701
Thanks for the update!

docbenwayddo
08.31.2017 , 04:35 PM | #1702
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotigeo View Post
Servers in Europe are based in Ireland mate. What is the problem in implementing patches and take down servers in different hours? a days pay for the person switching buttons? It is common sense dude
This would likely lead to EU servers being down right now for the fixt, since they'd have been patched and failed earlier, and they would possibly have not patched the US servers and just let them play 5.4 until they new 5.4a was working.
It seems it might still screw with the EU playerbase, heh.

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 04:35 PM | #1703
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotigeo View Post
Servers in Europe are based in Ireland mate. What is the problem in implementing patches and take down servers in different hours? a days pay for the person switching buttons? It is common sense dude
Always wondered why they don't do rolling upgrades. I can see a reason against it with the new expansions, of course, since you probably can't have some people have earlier access than others, but with the patches, I really don't see a reason against it. Unless they all have a shared backend database that can't take it...Impossible to say without knowing their architecture

Ylliarus
08.31.2017 , 04:35 PM | #1704
Quote: Originally Posted by OasisKid View Post
Any updates Eric on the testing of the patch or if it has made it to live servers yet? I know you have an ETA of three hours but ...
A brief update whether everything is on track would be great to ease our minds ^_^ a brief update whether we could get the Bright Yellow Eyes appearance option be made available in character designer for Twi'lek and other species as compensation would be even better!
For too long have we been forced to remain away from our glorious Sith Empire or beloved Galactic Republic. It's therefore imperative that in the near future we get the choice to return to our original factions and abandon the abomination that is the Eternal Alliance.
Here is my referral link. Click it and we'll both get nice things!

Kinsal
08.31.2017 , 04:36 PM | #1705
Quote: Originally Posted by joshhiar View Post
I'm sorry that is an inconvenience to you, but don't you realize this game is US based? The Staff shouldn't have to stay out after business hours to make it easier another continent. The Team in charge of this game is small enough as it is, and Bioware couldn't afford to pay overtime for them anyhow.
I don't know where you work but I can tell you one thing that you would not survive one release weekend where I do.

Ro_Renko
08.31.2017 , 04:36 PM | #1706
Do not release another update without proper testing. Why rush?

aczSE
08.31.2017 , 04:36 PM | #1707
Next time.. tell us the servers wont come back online today.

This delay 1 more hour every hour is annoying as hell.

Leave that stuff to air-plains and <insert other douche/turd>.

EricMusco
08.31.2017 , 04:37 PM | #1708 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by OasisKid View Post
Any updates Eric on the testing of the patch or if it has made it to live servers yet? I know you have an ETA of three hours but ...
Sure thing. Original ETA is still holding true. We are definitely getting closer and all of our testing is going well!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Markoveli
08.31.2017 , 04:37 PM | #1709
Hit the game with a hammer it may solve the issue...if not could always force crush it to tiny bits. #RIPSWTOR
Markoveli

WolfesBite
08.31.2017 , 04:38 PM | #1710
Everyone's so greedy on here. You lost less than $1 worth of sub, poor you. Stop asking for free crap that would just require them to do more work. I just want the servers back up.