Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

joshhiar
08.31.2017 , 04:27 PM | #1691
Quote: Originally Posted by Kotigeo View Post
No point shooting the messenger, not Eric's fault, but it is a ****** tactic from bioware to disrespect European players and throw each time patch after patch after patch on our prime time.
I'm sorry that is an inconvenience to you, but don't you realize this game is US based? The Staff shouldn't have to stay out after business hours to make it easier another continent. The Team in charge of this game is small enough as it is, and Bioware couldn't afford to pay overtime for them anyhow.
If you're a returning subscriber or a new player click on this link for free stuff!! http://www.swtor.com/r/HkFK3K

Markoveli
08.31.2017 , 04:29 PM | #1692
best not blink or move, 25 codes between how many players << seem to use this most on this game. Ever feel like "they" are intentionally destroying this game? Love the game but hate the sub, having initially paid monthly for to gain pvp gear for it to be stripped from underneath me like a smelly carpet and given nothing in return but an ooober grind, love maintenance so no issues with that trololol. Me thinks the Devs are darkside. Boom goes the cannon!
Markoveli

Trance-Gemini
08.31.2017 , 04:29 PM | #1693
Eric, is there any particular reason why you guys don't use a PTR server for testing patches? I'm sure some of us would be happy to test new patches on a PTR server before actual launch and cut down on the issues that sometimes crop up. Overwatch and Star Trek Online have test servers and have very little issues when applying patches. (At least as much as I can tell)

As for the free codes, I'm only annoyed that by the time I get there, they're already used up. I would much rather have extended XP boost or codes similar to the cantina event, something that everyone can get and enjoy.

Thanks for keeping us up to date as much as you have today, that helps minimize some of the anxiety.

AcidBurn-ASSA
08.31.2017 , 04:29 PM | #1694
Bug with last boss in Crisis on Umbara https://youtu.be/ofbHUCKeYmM?t=51m55s
If you die before loot from boss you locked in train after revive (if all group die), and you get only reward from FP, no loot from boss.

In new update/patch this fixed?

nameinvalidoruna
08.31.2017 , 04:30 PM | #1695
I really hope we will both get extra double XP/CXP time and also some other compensation (I prefer some CC). That would compensate for both the lost day in the game and the annoyance.

Btw. you really should have a crisis management plan or something for situations like this, problems always happen and you should work out an effective way to keep the community calm, and avoid making people mad which of course leads to losing subscibers.

As for the codes, I honestly belive you didn't want to "buy off" the comunity this cheap, there is nothing wrong giving out some random codes for those who are actively waiting the game coming online again. You have to admit though, it didn't work out well, so it's really important to give proper compensation to everyone.

Anyway, I understand that things can go really wrong sometimes and I wish you good luck fixing the game.

Ro_Renko
08.31.2017 , 04:30 PM | #1696
Quote: Originally Posted by kajiraerin View Post
here is a real funny glitch from 5.0 giggles even the music they added adds to the laughs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPardTn_A-Q
as in the movie " the thing"

Amantionus
08.31.2017 , 04:31 PM | #1697
Quote: Originally Posted by joshhiar View Post
I'm sorry that is an inconvenience to you, but don't you realize this game is US based? The Staff shouldn't have to stay out after business hours to make it easier another continent. The Team in charge of this game is small enough as it is, and Bioware couldn't afford to pay overtime for them anyhow.
If the coders/programmers/developers are hourly instead of salary they are getting overtime today anyways. Of course, you can include flexed hours in a contract. Combine that with a robust testing procedure in place it would not be unreasonable or impractical to do phased patch deployments. Thus minimizing negative impacts on any of the regions based on server groups. It would also reduce overtime to some degree, split schedules are not unknown in the US, I've worked them myself several times.

Kotigeo
08.31.2017 , 04:32 PM | #1698
Quote: Originally Posted by joshhiar View Post
Servers in Europe are based in Ireland mate. What is the problem in implementing patches and take down servers in different hours? a days pay for the person switching buttons? It is common sense dude

OasisKid
08.31.2017 , 04:33 PM | #1699
Any updates Eric on the testing of the patch or if it has made it to live servers yet? I know you have an ETA of three hours but ...
Kytera

GM of <Not Another Meme>

Masterwhat
08.31.2017 , 04:34 PM | #1700
Free in game stuff would be nice
MAY THE FORCE FAIL YOU THE POWER SHALL BE MINE