Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Master-Zimoon
08.31.2017 , 03:41 PM | #1571
Quote: Originally Posted by darexxis View Post
why does almost every one want the 450cc i just want the taun fawn XD

i'm trying since 2012 to get that little thing still no luck
when the codes came up i was so happy until none worked ones again to slow maybe more luck next time
So, why don't collect the data you need from the "nests" of Tauntaun babies? Or why do you not buy the pet off of the vendor? I have not played since 2012 but have got a ride from the "nests" already

Amantionus
08.31.2017 , 03:41 PM | #1572
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Hollis View Post
"we're 12 hours behind doing our job, it's gonna take us another 5 to know if we've done it yet"
As my Chief was fond of telling people, "It you don't have the time to do it right, you WILL have the time to do it over".

Sith-Viscera
08.31.2017 , 03:41 PM | #1573
I think every account that is and has posted in this thread today deserves a new mount out of the new Cartel Pack or something worth while like that. Or a few million credits.......
I can use my powers to conjure up your worst nightmares and bring them to life before your eyes. I can drive you mad with fear, shred your sanity, and leave you a raving lunatic for the rest of your life. -Darth Zannah

DieAlteHexe
08.31.2017 , 03:42 PM | #1574
Quote: Originally Posted by Amantionus View Post
Exactly. If I am going to crucify someone, I want to be sure I have the right person. I don't know how the news works in Germany, but in the States whenever someone is accused of a crime the media jumps all over them...guilty until proven innocent (and sometimes still treated as guilty). Same when I was in the Navy. I didn't just hand out negative counseling sheets to people. I wanted to be sure I had the right person before doing something that could hurt their career. I'll gladly riot and storm the castle, but only once I have the information I need to be sure it is the right thing to do and that I am at the right place.
Yup. Here the media isn't quite as...err...enthusiastic and there is a bit more privacy extended to the accused but people is people.

I bet the folks at BW are wishing they'd just left that CXP alone right about now. Heh
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

haerticum
08.31.2017 , 03:42 PM | #1575
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
He doesn't know that.
he will once he starts vomiting ewok turds

Darth_Hollis
08.31.2017 , 03:42 PM | #1576
Quote: Originally Posted by outotoro View Post
While I can't do anything to fix stuff if it's wrong - giving folks a sense of how catastrophic the errors are might make them a bit more understanding of the wait to get things fixed.

It's like being at a car dealership and getting your car fixed -- if something unexpected pops up in a repair, they give a heads up. It doesn't make things go faster, but the wait is put into perspective.

Customer service is about perspective.

Three hours ago we were told two, and now we are told it will be three. That's a massive, four hour extension.

Oh, components aren't showing up on the HUD -- ah, yeah, this isn't just fixing some little part of the game that I'm not going to mess with, it's a major thing. Okay - go fix it.
2 hours ago he said they would start testing in 2 hours and there was no ETA on a fix, to use your comparison, that would be like a mechanic coming out to tell you "so we found the problem, but we don't know what to do about it"

LaLocaMocha
08.31.2017 , 03:42 PM | #1577
Thank-you Eric for keeping us in the loop as best you can & for being smart enough to not bother trying to give time estimates because even I know you do that & someone's going to BMC when it can't be met because one correction caused a cascade failure elsewhere. Here's to hoping the dev's are able to correct the code causing the unanticipated PITA issues without losing DAYS of game time. Correcting code is never very simple, especially when more then one programmer has been involved in a project that's ongoing over several years, making corrections, adding features, ect . . .

All of that increases potentially problematic interactions between different lines of code exponentially. The fact that even with the glitches, bugs & outright critical crashes that have occurred over the years Bioware has kept this game functional & mostly fun has earned my respect. Especially when you consider there are far more serious situations going on irl right now (like the Flooding in Texas, ect) we really don't have anything serious to ***** about when this game encounters the occasional performance error that Bioware Dev's work their Assets off trying to correct in a timely manner.

Add in the fact that Eric has been doing regular updates to inform us on how things are or are not progress, then I have nothing but respect. Especially in the face of the rather ungrateful, whiny & self-entitled slime sucking twatwuffles whom I'm sure make Eric & their fellow Community reps wonder just how old some of the players are in the forums & why their parents even let them have a computer (supervised or not) nvm this game!

Thank-you to all of the Bioware staff working to keep us in formed & fixing this current issue so we can return to gaming. Pay as much attention to the ones whom are acting like self-entitled slime suckers as you would to a flake of dander blowing off your friend's head!
I Don't Suffer from Insanity,
I Enjoy Every Minute of it

People AROUND me Get to Suffer!!

EricMusco
08.31.2017 , 03:42 PM | #1578 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Thanks, Eric. I'm a little concerned about how this latest patch will interact with whatever we have on our harddrives. Some of us have one version and I guess some another. I am hoping that the next one will simply negate BOTH versions and replace the files with whatever you guys are testing now, yes?
My understanding is that you will receive a small patch if you patched already this morning (or a slightly larger one if you didn't). No full downloads or anything crazy. I will triple check though.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Khovu
08.31.2017 , 03:43 PM | #1579
I'm just hoping my exp boost(hey it was 90CC) is still there lol

Sixam
08.31.2017 , 03:43 PM | #1580
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright folks, I have some updates for you.

Initial testing of the fix is looking very promising. The strange issues that you saw (such as missing components on the interface) are not present and everything appears to be working as it should once again. This is not a guarantee as we haven't checked everything, but it is a great start.

With that in mind, we have begun the process of taking the fixed patch and moving it to the live servers. This process will take around 2 hours. Then, we need to verify that everything remained stable and is still working as intended.

Assuming everything goes well, we are hopeful that the servers will be live again in around 3 hours from now. I will pass on updated information as soon as I have it. Thank you everyone for your patience today.

-eric
Three hour nap....GO!!!!
If I: say something interesting, make you smile/laugh, help you out, profoundly touch your life...
Consider saying thanks with my RAF Link here.
What you'll get for doing so.