Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DieAlteHexe
08.31.2017 , 03:38 PM | #1551
Thanks, Eric. I'm a little concerned about how this latest patch will interact with whatever we have on our harddrives. Some of us have one version and I guess some another. I am hoping that the next one will simply negate BOTH versions and replace the files with whatever you guys are testing now, yes?
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

Darklicious
08.31.2017 , 03:38 PM | #1552
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I don't know what makes me more sad: The situation per se or the fact that Eric had to apologise for handing out a few free code-goodies. How toxic can you guys be...
^This
++NOTICE++
Nothing to see here.

Necrotic_Rose
08.31.2017 , 03:39 PM | #1553
Oh fun.....the game will possibly come back up at.......1:37am _
Friend referral http://www.swtor.com/r/DZxpkt
For those who want to use it and get the [Preferred Friend Bundle] and an extra 7 days subscription (subs/previous subs only as doesn't work for f2p unless used to make an account and gives different rewards).

Darth_Hollis
08.31.2017 , 03:39 PM | #1554
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright folks, I have some updates for you.

Initial testing of the fix is looking very promising. The strange issues that you saw (such as missing components on the interface) are not present and everything appears to be working as it should once again. This is not a guarantee as we haven't checked everything, but it is a great start.

With that in mind, we have begun the process of taking the fixed patch and moving it to the live servers. This process will take around 2 hours. Then, we need to verify that everything remained stable and is still working as intended.

Assuming everything goes well, we are hopeful that the servers will be live again in around 3 hours from now. I will pass on updated information as soon as I have it. Thank you everyone for your patience today.

-eric
"we're 12 hours behind doing our job, it's gonna take us another 5 to know if we've done it yet"

Ylliarus
08.31.2017 , 03:39 PM | #1555

Initial testing of the fix is looking very promising. The strange issues that you saw (such as missing components on the interface) are not present and everything appears to be working as it should once again. This is not a guarantee as we haven't checked everything, but it is a great start.

With that in mind, we have begun the process of taking the fixed patch and moving it to the live servers. This process will take around 2 hours. Then, we need to verify that everything remained stable and is still working as intended.

Assuming everything goes well, we are hopeful that the servers will be live again in around 3 hours from now. I will pass on updated information as soon as I have it. Thank you everyone for your patience today.

-eric
Three hours? Nooo... so that was the entire European prime time gone T-T ah well, it must be even worse for you guys and gals over there so I shouldn't complain. I wish you a lot of goodluck and hope things will work out well for you!

P.s. as compensation... make the Bright Yellow Eyes option available for Twi'lek too!
For too long have we been forced to remain away from our glorious Sith Empire or beloved Galactic Republic. It's therefore imperative that in the near future we get the choice to return to our original factions and abandon the abomination that is the Eternal Alliance.
Here is my referral link. Click it and we'll both get nice things!

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 03:39 PM | #1556

-eric
Splendid. Well, good luck with that. For us in the EU, the day is done with that, I would say. Fair enough.

Still doesn't piss me off as much as the codes, though. That is the part that actually makes me want to quit.

Amantionus
08.31.2017 , 03:39 PM | #1557
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
It is mob mentality and I am not a fan of it. I prefer thinking things through, considering the facts and going from there before hefting my pitchfork and foaming.

I'm called "auslander" (foreigner) which tickles me since it sounds so close to outlander.
Exactly. If I am going to crucify someone, I want to be sure I have the right person. I don't know how the news works in Germany, but in the States whenever someone is accused of a crime the media jumps all over them...guilty until proven innocent (and sometimes still treated as guilty). Same when I was in the Navy. I didn't just hand out negative counseling sheets to people. I wanted to be sure I had the right person before doing something that could hurt their career. I'll gladly riot and storm the castle, but only once I have the information I need to be sure it is the right thing to do and that I am at the right place.

Lord_Martheous
08.31.2017 , 03:39 PM | #1558
Hey!!!

Did you all know that the servers are down??

Awww, Sith spit!!

Someone feed the hamster, quick!

DieAlteHexe
08.31.2017 , 03:39 PM | #1559
Quote: Originally Posted by benmas View Post
if you are in Europe the patch will go live in the middle of the night on friday
Yup. But since it's 2330 and I've got to be up at 0500 I guess I'll need to stagger to my 'puter and start DLing the patch. Fingers crossed that it's there when I get up.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

stalkerofthesith
08.31.2017 , 03:39 PM | #1560

-eric
Thank you very much Eric. At least we know when we can log back on. I gotta get stuff done but looking forward to logging in at 5PM. Hopefully everything goes as planned.
MAY THE FORCE SERVE YOU WELL
My Special Referral Code:Here About Referrals: Here What You Get: 7 days FREE sub A Single FREE Character Transfer A Level 65 Character Token A Goody Bundle