Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 03:15 PM | #1461
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
I'm retired (mid-sixties) and I'm still not fussed over the loss of a day of gaming. There are far worse things to be concerned about. Is it annoying? Oh hell yes but not to the level some folks here are taking it.
You may be retired and have a lot of spare time. That still doesn't entitle you to decide what level is or is not acceptable for someone else. Some of us here work very long hours in stressfuly jobs, inclusding weekends, so free time has to be planned.

Anyway, I'm not ticked off about the downtime, except that I consider it shameful on a professional level. I'm insulted by the codes and the attitude they were given out in. I couldn't care less about the coins, but if you toss out five codes for something that cannot be bought ingame in any way and watch people screamble for it, taht#s not acting nice, that's simply a slap in the face for the majority of people here. You of course are free to see that differently.

Krigjeger
08.31.2017 , 03:15 PM | #1462
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is complicated to answer but once we get everything resolved and the game live again we will make sure to explain what happened. Rest assured, it has nothing to do with Conquests.

-eric
I just want to know which coder decided it was a good idea to "fix" something, and then turned in some broken code that got compiled into this patch. And then I want him flogged in public.

Thaladan
08.31.2017 , 03:15 PM | #1463
Quote: Originally Posted by ericmusco View Post
this is complicated to answer but once we get everything resolved and the game live again we will make sure to explain what happened. Rest assured, it has nothing to do with conquests.

-eric
hold fast
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

EricMusco
08.31.2017 , 03:16 PM | #1464 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
so how long is it till the game comes up again?
Still no ETA but the team is actively testing a possible fix. Once I have updated information from that test, I will pass it on.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

mynxvablid
08.31.2017 , 03:16 PM | #1465
Quote: Originally Posted by Krigjeger View Post
I just want to know which coder decided it was a good idea to "fix" something, and then turned in some broken code that got compiled into this patch. And then I want him flogged in public.
The one sitting on the left.

BarnabusSackett
08.31.2017 , 03:16 PM | #1466
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Need some tar? Maybe a sack of feathers? Or would you prefer a pitchfork and a torch?
All of it, then we send him on his way, and replace him like the Dev team was replaced back when.

Sixam
08.31.2017 , 03:17 PM | #1467
Hey, Eric!
First, let me start off by saying that you are doing a great job!
Next...(Half joking/half serious)...I live i Bioware City, USA (those that know the reference, know where I live). Any job openings for someone entry level with no degree? Would it help if I was a contract worker for GSF?
If I: say something interesting, make you smile/laugh, help you out, profoundly touch your life...
Consider saying thanks with my RAF Link here.
What you'll get for doing so.

lipophardus
08.31.2017 , 03:17 PM | #1468
Hope the cxp bug isnīt fixed along the chaos, my toons still need some crates!

DieAlteHexe
08.31.2017 , 03:17 PM | #1469
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
So if the tree knows you're awake it won't fall on you because it knows you'll give the royal what-for, right?
No, I can see the bugger and if it starts bending too far, I can move my arse to the other side of the house. But I actually like your take better. I could see me out there, dead of night raising hell with a 60 foot pine tree.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

orangenee
08.31.2017 , 03:17 PM | #1470
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Still no ETA but the team is actively testing a possible fix. Once I have updated information from that test, I will pass it on.

-eric
Can we have a live stream of the testing? I'd love to see Terry at work.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn