Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 02:29 PM | #1311
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeZaRex View Post
Hello, While I understand everyone is upset and angry cant we all just stop and think how hard it is to create a game? think about computer updates, even they have bugs. Any game you play is going to have moments where they are on the fritz. I For one want nothing but the Devs to know that I appreciate there hard work and I am extremely grateful for all the work they do to give us a game to play.
I admire your ....good nature, but this is a business, not a hobby project, and as such, we can reasonably expect a certain level of professionalism. Not deploying a patch and hoping that she'll hold.

rustybook
08.31.2017 , 02:29 PM | #1312
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeZaRex View Post
Hello, While I understand everyone is upset and angry cant we all just stop and think how hard it is to create a game? think about computer updates, even they have bugs. Any game you play is going to have moments where they are on the fritz. I For one want nothing but the Devs to know that I appreciate there hard work and I am extremely grateful for all the work they do to give us a game to play.
I can tell you don't really know much about the issue at hand. It doesn't matter how hard it is to make the game, that's not the stage we are at. It matters how we are treated, how well they work on the game, what they do the game from now on, etc. As far as that goes, they have been doing a poor job. That's why more and more people are unsubbing. This game used to have 50 servers back in the day. Look at a number of servers now. Not to mention those servers are never full anymore, not even close. A few days ago there were 12 people on Corellia on the server I play. And less than a 100 on the fleet.
It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey.
A quarantine zone for a plague that kills turians. Why don't we ever go anywhere nice?
I have 16 characters.My new main is Anna Xandra,(Server)Progenitor

TUXs
08.31.2017 , 02:30 PM | #1313
Quote: Originally Posted by deguste View Post
Its u problem if u accept that and dont ask compensation .
What would you ask for? What's reasonable to you?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DieAlteHexe
08.31.2017 , 02:30 PM | #1314
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Actually no. If my cable or internet goes out I don't get compensated for the few hours it may be down. They only time they have compensated me was when it was out for 2 days. A game is a service, which is like cable or internet. There is not an actual product.
Indeed. We were without power for 3 days winter before last. That was fun. Did we get a rate reduction? Newp. There was no mention of it at all. Same thing with ISP outages.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

everclearisalive
08.31.2017 , 02:30 PM | #1315
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Lunacy View Post
Aye, there is the silver lining in this entire debacle.
He would've make a great sith though. all that scheming... anyway, SPOILERS!

Amantionus
08.31.2017 , 02:30 PM | #1316
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
It's similar to why people pay ladies of a certain profession to pee on them or other things.
There are worse fetishes and deviance's out there, I had to study some for my degree. Human beings are, without a doubt, the most freaky and disgusting animals on the planet.

Rheshalea
08.31.2017 , 02:30 PM | #1317
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
I spent 20 years in CS and nary a bit of it came out. Oh yeah, I got angry at times and said some things to my monitor that would've gotten me fired had I said them to a customer but I never got even close to the point of enjoying *********** around with other people for my own pleasure.

And believe me, if you work CS, you get treated abysmally.
I once told a customer off, in my *****iest voice of the super*****.
I took the phone from a co-worker after hearing the shouts from the customer from across the room, and I told the customer she had no right to call us and scream and make demands, and to call again after she calmed down so we could solve her problem.
And then I hung up on her.
And noticed my boss standing behind me.
...and told the boss what had transpired, the boss said it was fine. The customer called back a few minutes later. I solved her problem, and that was that.
I may or may not have gone outside for an extra cigarette after that, and I may or may not still remember that incident some 10 years later.

Aaah, customer service. Suckiest job ever, but sometimes happy customers send you 6 half-kilo packs of coffee and some candy for Christmas.

xXTideZXx
08.31.2017 , 02:30 PM | #1318
How quickly after testing would the servers be up, granted that the test is successful?

Bobby_McDonald
08.31.2017 , 02:31 PM | #1319
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
This might be a whiskey and calculator mishap but I've worked out that nearly 7 hours downtime comes to 14 billion in cartel coins we're owed.
I calculated - 8 billion cc

Sithishe
08.31.2017 , 02:31 PM | #1320
Guys, just watch some JoJo youtube videos while waiting for patch!