Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

anidiotsith
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #821
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
That I can do
i can back that. i dont care about free stuff i just cant wait to get back into the game. get it fixed and keep us posted on whats going on

GeneralXeson
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #822
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamea View Post
TRue
Same here.

ParkisMaximus
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #823
If you're going to give codes out, make them accessible for everyone once. You cant just hand out 15+ codes and expect ones who got nothing to be happy about it. We are all waiting here because yall launched a patch that was not ready, that being said, yall need to send out compensation. We pay, SWTOR would be nothing without the fan base and subscribers.

FanornCloud
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #824
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Did you actually read what he wrote...you know the part where he says these codes were not compensation?
no one reads the whole thread they just read whats on 1 page then jump in to cry because they missed something

tigivikon
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #825
Quote: Originally Posted by DeVanagloris View Post
Imo, either everyone gets the stuff, or no one gets it. That is fair.

If you're gonna be just releasing a handful of codes, you can stop altogether, that sort of hidden "threat" to stop giving codes wont work on me, personally.

I think everyone should get a compensation because this disastrous situation demands a compensation, for all subscribers. Otherwise, you can keep the codes.

One more or one less sub wont affect you, i know, but the game is already fighting to survive. I just want to see how you guys handle this situation. You compensate, im staying, but if you frustrate and ignore the screwed people, i leave. Im not paying to be frustrated, angered, with offline servers, and with no compensation.

I value my money, and my time, if you guys dont, i'll take it elsewhere.
heh nothing is ever fair but here's your participation trophy

DieAlteHexe
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #826
That I can do
Just a thought...maybe post a sticky about the situation so that those folks coming in as the day and evening can just go straight to it?

In any case...this too shall pass. G'night.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm not Spartacus.

EricMusco
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #827 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
Is this latest debacle going to reset conquests again. Thursday patches haven't been very successful. Well patches in general are often a disaster, so yeah.....
It shouldn't. That only happened last week because the Conquest schedule was adjusted outside of the normal Tuesday reset, since we delayed the update. An actual Thursday update isn't the issue, only if we touch the schedule (which we haven't).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

berelinde
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #828
Want to give folks something to do while the servers are down? Open a livestream session and let folks sound off. Let them vent, rant, throw out suggestions for improvements, offer suggestions for character arc developments, whatever. Let pandemonium ensue for 15 minutes. Respond to choice gems if you want, but record it all for later digestion.

We who use the forums represent a small portion of the player base, but we're passionate about the game. That should count for something.

DraonaiMimnov
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #829
That I can do
So, is this you saying you can't do another 2 weeks on the Double Exp/CXP event?
Shadowlands
Covenant of the Phoenix

Margoros
08.31.2017 , 01:23 PM | #830
Guys talking from a programmers poin of view i can understand the issue musco and the team face here - some times an update effects areas of code you may not even consider when updating the game - you have to remeber that even a baisc calculator programme uses at least 500 lines plus of code once you factor in all its functions.

In a game such as this your probably looking at several million lines of code possibly several billion. Im not defending them as i do agree thes things should be tested much better on a private server BEFORE going live.

That said shouting at Eric isnt going to get it fixed any faster - Tonight is the first night all month ive had the chance to login and ops with my guild due to work commitments but you dont se me having a tantrum.

they will fix it asap - for god sake the servers arnt going to be active for hours yet - go and do something in the real world
Referal Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/gqyDWj
I have The politeness of a jedi and the patience and obedience of a sith