Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jissah
08.31.2017 , 01:20 PM | #801
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric
I'm reading the same responses and the 'majority' are asking for codes that aren't 1 time use with some asking for CC and the minority saying stop them. I'd do you a pie chart but I honestly can't be arsed.

casirabit
08.31.2017 , 01:20 PM | #802
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Dammit...this is how a few ruin it for all of us

Thank for trying Eric...some of us appreciated it, even if we didn't get a code.
What do you expect Tux? I rarely get a code (lol) but here lately if someone else doesn't get something they throw a fit I never stay at my keyboard long enough for these but thought it was fun.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

redkungfu
08.31.2017 , 01:20 PM | #803
First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric
How bout you just send us all in-game mail with cc's, bonus items, etc that we can claim when you guys get the game back up and running? Posting codes is great and all, but unless you're gonna post re-usable codes, it's first come, first serve, and I don't think we all wanna just stare at the Dev tracker forum, spamming refresh, and hoping we can get a code before someone else does... We can't really make use of cc's, bonus items, etc. anyway until the game's back online....

phalczen
08.31.2017 , 01:20 PM | #804
Quote: Originally Posted by DraonaiMimnov View Post
@EricMusco, It would be nice if you could extend the Double Exp/CXP Event by another two weeks if you want to compensate us.
I completely concur, with my revision.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

pizzalord_
08.31.2017 , 01:20 PM | #805
First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric
You've gotta be kidding, right? What kind of compensation is this? You're making it so much worse, as always. You expect us to be happy? You guys are possibly the worst at taking care of your player base. Extend double XP/CXP or something everyone can benefit from. Not codes only several people can use. I'm getting sick of this garbage lol.
~Anndralya~ <Don't Tell Me What To Do>

~Meviari~ <Tragic Heroes>

omaan
08.31.2017 , 01:20 PM | #806
Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric
It seems that you are still ignorant to player's messages. Players say "Give compensation to everyone" you say "No". Players are suffering, biofail doesn't provide anything for compensation...and you really wonder why people are leaving swtor? Shame on your company.

Cliveta
08.31.2017 , 01:20 PM | #807
I LAUGH AT YOU ALL, THIS IS JUST A GAME, I've been off for the past few days, was going to get some gaming in.... hasn't worked out too well, hehe. These guys are bustin their butts trying to get it back up with whoever they have available, cut them some slack and quit whining so much. The codes are BS, just get the game up is all I'd like to see. Good luck Dev. Team, and please relax player base.

Hockster
08.31.2017 , 01:21 PM | #808
Is this latest debacle going to reset conquests again. Thursday patches haven't been very successful. Well patches in general are often a disaster, so yeah.....

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 01:21 PM | #809
Quote: Originally Posted by PLASKOGUBCI View Post
Just give CC or week of free sub to everyone, who will log in the game in 24H, stop insulting us with your "codes"
I already hate you, but I love Star Wars, it is the only thing that keeps me subbing. But my patience is wearing thin
And I'm pretty *********** sure I'm not alone in my feelings
No you are not. Not even close. I'm angry enough to actually uninstall right now.

EricMusco
08.31.2017 , 01:21 PM | #810 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
It's alright. Get the game fixed and keep posting here. I appreciate the fact that you are posting regularly in this thread more than anything else to be honest.
That I can do
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]