Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

YalOldon
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #741
It blows my mind that you cant see that handing out codes that can only be redeemed one time makes it worse...

DarthSpuds
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #742
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric
That you even need to ask that question shows just how woefully out of touch with the playerbase you/Bioware are.

And I still bet you haven't yet started to grasp that.

All The Best
#removeRNG
Sub Expires: 25 Sept 2017
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

DukeLorien
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #743
Eric,

good job on staying in touch and replying and giving us updates. Appreciate it.

Codes-Idea: Bad idea. Not an option in that situation. Do it during a live stream or what ever...

Jdast
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #744

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric
You are making it worse. You are not just pouring salt on the wound, you are squeezing lemon juice on top.

Dasty

EmrysWrynn
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #745
Quote: Originally Posted by tekatrevin View Post
Ok to summarize for EU people the denial of service started from 3PM and now it's 9PM...

How would it be if this was transposed to American server ?

Would they get 25 miserables single use codes ? (Meaning only 25 people chain refreshing forum get them!)

Would they flame you more than us ? We seem pretty quiet atm...

Trully
The game is offline here as well, and for the same amount of time, and it seems that the outage will take up most of prime time as well, at least. Though, you're right, the flaming is only going to get worse.

Tsillah
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #746
Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric
It's alright. Get the game fixed and keep posting here. I appreciate the fact that you are posting regularly in this thread more than anything else to be honest.
Galactic Command shall fall. May the Empire rise!

Gratuitous display of referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB Use it for some goodies or don't use it.

Krylaancelo
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #747
I'd rather have a chance at free stuff than a guarantee at nothing... It's not like Eric can help them fix the problem, he's not a developer.

Let the rain commence!

KingEnoshima
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #748
Why are we so focused on getting something out of this when the devs. are working hard out of this?

eclipse_hh
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #749

-eric
Eric, please undertand that only a fraction of players are getting these codes, even if you pour at 1000, all players are affected. As for the reason of the patch itself, fixing an exploit, to get a stronghold you was supposed to farm for:
Guild ports are used for all sorts of situations, like getting datacrons, reaching areas with lower lvl characters and so forth.
Ain't it a flaw in the design to set up a vendor in a restricted area, instead of just charging the Umbara Currency for the stronghold? Anyways, nothing that breaks the game as hard as the CXP Flaw in dailys, that wasn't even fixed.

Nydragon
08.31.2017 , 01:15 PM | #750
Or you could give free Credits, or a mount, something everyone gets