Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jade_de_aguilera
08.31.2017 , 01:05 PM | #641
You should concider some days of free sub, as i pay for this day and am getting ... no game.

EricMusco
08.31.2017 , 01:05 PM | #642 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Hockster
08.31.2017 , 01:06 PM | #643
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric
Wait what? NOW you decide that actually testing code changes is a good idea?

Alderonek
08.31.2017 , 01:06 PM | #644

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric
one time codes per person = worse

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 01:06 PM | #645

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime, or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

-eric
YOU must be kidding. Tell me you are kiddiing. You give away codes for the one pet I always wanted with no chance that I can redeem it in time and you ask that? I'm honestly speechless. Seriously

chouston
08.31.2017 , 01:06 PM | #646
thought I had a new pet...Then I saw the codes aren't working for anybody. Time to pick up the kids...

bowserinek
08.31.2017 , 01:06 PM | #647

-eric
I have a great idea.

Keep the codes. Buy a PTR server. TEST YOUR PATCHES!

justagirlplaying
08.31.2017 , 01:07 PM | #648

-eric
It's making it worse... I think that can be seen quite easily by just browsing the thread after the first codes went up.
I'll rise from the chaos a sister to the darknes a master to the slaves!

DeVanagloris
08.31.2017 , 01:07 PM | #649
Where are the codes that give stuff ONCE PER ACCOUNT????

This is ridiculous ffs. Just make the codes once per account, at least that way everyone gets SOMETHING.

Just resubbed a week ago, for a month. If all this debacle ends up with no compensation, im unsubbing again, it seems to me astonoshing that stuff like this happens and just a handful of codes are handed out, *** is this???
This is my referral link here:
Referral link
You can get all sort of FREE STUFF!! and GOODIES!! by clicking it, no matter you are new or returning player

Marasai
08.31.2017 , 01:07 PM | #650

-eric
I'd rather it be a code that can be used by anyone today, than a one time code for one person.