Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

Real talk, when we have long downtime, we have a SWTOR national past-time here of giving away codes for things. I wouldn't dream of disappointing you in this endeavor. I wanna get a little more clarity on the situation and if it will be a while, the codes shall rain.

-eric

maybe send a pm with a CC code to random people?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to throw this in here... I noticed that the 'Delete' and 'Take All Attachments' buttons in the mail window had reverted to their original orientation. Dunno if that was just another of the glitches or what, but I don't want to see folks accidentally deleting stuff in the mail again.

Fade to Black...

Real talk, when we have long downtime, we have a SWTOR national past-time here of giving away codes for things. I wouldn't dream of disappointing you in this endeavor. I wanna get a little more clarity on the situation and if it will be a while, the codes shall rain.

-eric

When you do, can you make sure you make it usable unlimited times as the bots seem to get to it way faster than most of us can copy and paste the codes.

Hey folks,

As many of you are seeing already, there are some fairly serious issues that have cropped up with GU 5.4a this morning. We are bringing the servers down to investigate what is happening and we will need to do to address it. Hold tight. Updates to follow.

-eric

Eric & Dev Team,

I understand bugs and things happen. This is so inconsistent with recent happenings with Bugs and conquest resetting last week due to Update 5.4. As a good faith measure can you please extend the Double CXP/XP for a week or 2 weeks? I would be happy with this so would my alts and my friends and guilds. Please consider and Thank you.

~A Concerned Player

-eric

While I can understand what is happening here, I also don't really care about receiving in game "stuff". Most of my toons already have enough pets, speeders, etc. What they really need is Command levels, and end game Tier appropriate gear. You want to really give us what we can use? How about A) Give everyone 400 unassembled components, that's enough to purchase a piece of Tier 4 gear. And B) Extend the EXP/CXP event. That just might make up for losing an entire day of game time. Otherwise, it's just another "whoops, we better throw the dog a bone, he's growling again" moment. Also, we have had extended down times in the past, and I can never recall getting a code for free anything. Can we please get a list of all the codes that have been giving out before? I would love to get some compensation for the lost play time.

When you have a "new content" patch announced from months you postpone it TWO times because it's buggy,and then you release it anyway, instead when you have to release a stupid "fixing" minipatch you rush into it, screw it, and refuse to roll back to previous patch which was at least "playable"? With no ETA, no idea of what went wrong, no previous testing? Really?

-eric

To be honest as much as I'd like to see a goodwill gesture I'd rather some CC as I can choose what to get rather than just a random item that everyone will have.

For now though I expect this is not at the top of your list of things to sort out!

Actually, it makes too much sense to roll back to the last stable version. (Edit) seeing Eric's post, i guess its not that easy.)

They really make it hard to recommend this game to friends with a clear conscience.

Edited by Dread_Bone

Just wanted to throw this in here... I noticed that the 'Delete' and 'Take All Attachments' buttons in the mail window had reverted to their original orientation. Dunno if that was just another of the glitches or what, but I don't want to see folks accidentally deleting stuff in the mail again.

Fade to Black...

Yes, I've noticed this too and almost deleted a set of 80 items in my mailbox, worth like 100s of millions...because meanwhile I was used to the change. I was only a few minutes online since I realized the disaster in no time and knew they are going down again. It seemed to me old content/UI was activated in the game, including the minimap, the big map and the mailbox (and more).

Edited by Khaleg

Love the idea of the free codes, but Eric, like others have stated, too many times they're snatched up before anyone REAL can grab them. It makes it frustrating for the people who really play the game & are honestly being set back on this.

Today is a day that hubby can actually play during day as it's his day off & now can't. So we both can't run things together.

Understand about things happening but if you're going to give codes, do it a bit differently than before so people do have a chance at getting it.

• Dev Post
Hi Eric,

I hope you are aware that you are killing European prime time due to that? In all due respect, I try to figure out the posts and the language on this forum if SWOTR were unavailable during US prime time.

May I suggest a simple rollback and get back to testing? Its a sane and customer-friendly decision. Forcing the servers to stay down without knowing whats going on leads nowhere - except to anger of your fanbase.

Sincerely,

someone

Unfortunately, a rollback is not simple. It is not out of the realm of possibility, but it would have some pretty serious impact to some players. Including the need to redownload the entire game if they patched 5.4a. That would certainly not be optimal. We aren't taking any options off the table, but first we need to understand what the issue is and the best way to address it. Our goal is to get the game back online as soon as possible.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

So...let me see..

You implemented a Patch. A non-tested patch...something not even an administrator in a less-than-400-user-environment would ever do... and now you have no idea what the hell went wrong and how the hell and when you can fix it?

And all this happens during the increase-XP-week...twice...during the european primetime...

Well...that sounds professional...in a parallel universe...where Gungans rule the galaxy and rain is falling upwards.

Edited by Malycus

Time to try the nuclear option and hold a gun to someone's *********** head till they fix it. If they don't, pull the trigger, call in another dev. Leave the body there for motivation.

How Sith of you. BOL! I hope that this post was made in the best of sarcastic intent, which I assume it was.

Unfortunately, a rollback is not simple. It is not out of the realm of possibility, but it would have some pretty serious impact to some players. Including the need to redownload the entire game if they patched 5.4a. That would certainly not be optimal. We aren't taking any options off the table, but first we need to understand what the issue is and the best way to address it. Our goal is to get the game back online as soon as possible.

-eric

Our goal is to get the game back online as soon as possible

Tomorrow ?

-eric

So there WAS a client side patch? Well, don't know if this helps or not but many, many of us did not get it today. Despite 3 client restarts the launcher was its normal process to a login, no "initialising", none of the usual text for client patching.

FWIW, none of us saw the problems that folks are reporting.

I'm so confused.

-eric

With all the respect in the world but this needs to be said, **** the codes, only a few people get to use them while EVERYONE is losing time they PAYED for. You need to compensate every subscriber equally not just the ones on the forums.