Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Itís Raining CXP, Daily

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DmdShiva
08.30.2017 , 05:02 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by xmarcusprimex View Post
The crazy amount of CXP from those heroics, are possibly the only way I will ever achieve anything with Galactic Command. (And if Iokath rewarded that much all the time, you can bet your blouse everyone would be doing new content.... rather than it being a complete and total ghosttown)
As someone else observed, a huge boost in CXP reward for the dailies has resulted in the planets with dailies being populated again; it's clear that the perception of the playerbase that the standard rewards were insufficient for them to bother with, but once they were cranked they did get used again.

Slashum
08.30.2017 , 05:04 PM | #52
While you fixing Iokath dailies any chance you could also get Walking the Walk (empire) to count towards the 5 planetary mission dailies mission for Iokath.
FYI I believe the republic version works , do maybe copy the code from there,

Thank you.

americanaussie
08.30.2017 , 05:06 PM | #53
I need to check this forum more often. Haha. Daily time!
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

KeithKanneg
08.30.2017 , 05:13 PM | #54 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
08.30.2017 , 05:14 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
But but but they might interfere with your RP. :P

I'm sure you weren't one of the people arguing for "less populated" servers in the server merge thread though right? I would have to laugh anyone who was arguing for that so they can "play in peace" now saying "yay look how more populated the instances are"
Nope, they don't interfere with my RP since I RP in dailies, flashpoints, etc. You see I can do more than one thing at a time, which is why I don't want Ebon Hawk merged with Harbinger. If they merge servers then merge with other RP servers. I do roleplay everywhere. I am not the type to sit/stand in a cantina and rp. I rp doing things.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

casirabit
08.30.2017 , 05:43 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith
Keith,

You do that and I bake you all some cookies and send to you!
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Rankyn
08.30.2017 , 05:58 PM | #57
I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

See what can happen when you actually observe the game as a player instead of just looking at your metrics?

Things can be fun.
We want them to be fun.
There's a middle ground to be had that BioWare never seems to be able to find... it always starts out fun for us and then gets nerfed into oblivion when it's "fixed"

STOP doing that.
Find that middle ground that keeps things fun but doesn't upset the balance of the game.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

HKtheindomitable
08.30.2017 , 06:01 PM | #58

---Keith
I don't doubt it. Now that you were able to see the difference due to a bug (especially of this magnitude) instead of waiting for someone above to give a go-ahead or whatever, your decision will be far easier.

I don't expect an immediate decision. Thank you for the bug.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

SebastiaanZ
08.30.2017 , 06:16 PM | #59
I expect you to keep it this way. Anything less is unacceptable.

Or rather keep it this way until a satisfactory way is found that increases CXP. Cause going to the old values is no option.

But like always, I expect the worst and the values will be back to normal on tuesday, which is something the community doesn't want. This is what we want. (at least the people that don't whine about GC and CXP all the time).
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

AnisaBadgett
08.30.2017 , 06:21 PM | #60
I get that you need to fix this, as it is a little over the top. But I also can say it did two things for me as a player beyond just getting to Tier 4:

1. Made me a lot more excited to sign on and play for CXP
2. Made me love the dailies all over again. I can now do Ziost easily, with the old rhythm I used to have.

You might want to consider periodic INSANE XP/CXP!! events, either just in the dailies, or maybe some of the old FPs, or even for lower level toons on exploratory missions. Can last a week or a weekend. Let us know when they're happening and let us go temporarily wild. (remember when double XP weekends made you change your weekend plans? I do!)

But everyone's right. It's been fun doing dailies again and I feel a lot better about Galactic Command for my main dps. Like I won't have to grind and grind and grind for a year since I don't do a lot of Ops. But I might get back to them.

And thanks for the extra few days, Keith and/or the gods, so I can grab some levels for my healer.