Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Itís Raining CXP, Daily

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.30.2017 , 04:16 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

When we released Game Update 5.4 last week, we also introduced a bug which many of you have already noticed. The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended. Instead of giving 75 CXP per Mission, they are currently awarding 1125. Thatís a lot of CXP! Proooobably a little more than we would like you to get. For that reason it was our intent that we would address this bug in tomorrowís patch. Well, the gods of Iokath were the only ones strong enough to overcome it. After tomorrowís patch, only Iokathís Dailies will be back to the appropriate CXP values. The other 6 Daily Areas will still be bugged, which means they will continue giving you crazy CXP (during double CXP!) until we fix them next week.

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them. We tried to fix the bug, the bug didnít want to be fixed (pretty sure Keith sabotaged it, he loves all that CXP). So enjoy the extra CXP for a few more days. I was liking this as it would have been easier to level up my 14 alts in the command rank.

-eric
AW. It was nice to see more people doing the dailies/weeklies. It would been nice to leave it like that for them.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Ceinwyn's Avatar


Ceinwyn
08.30.2017 , 04:17 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended.
I never learn. I thought this was just *possibly* an intended, and amazing, change.

Now the weeklies/dailies slide back into irrelevance.

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
08.30.2017 , 04:28 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
The problem, for me, is the tiers themselves. The idea I have what I feel is this MASSIVE grind ahead of me to get to a point where I can finally start getting some good end game gear dropping is ludicrous.

I've been around a long time and I always used comm gear (crystal too but it was so short lived I still call it comm gear) to bolster my build as I got my set bonus gear. People would claim "comm gear was crap" and yes it was compared to OP drop gear but it was better than anything else (except previous top end NiM tier gear and arguably some HM parts but the difference in parses became utterly negligible) you could get running non operation content.

So I would get my ultimate comms, get a gear piece and strip out mods/enhancements to improve parts of my old gear. Starting out I would even use the armorings before I had previous tier set bonus gear (or when previous tier didn't stack with new tier). Point is i felt like I was constantly getting stronger and that much more helpful in raids.

NOW though I have to grind to level bloody 300 just to get that same feeling of getting what I feel is equivalent gear? I.e. the non set bonus drops from tier 3? THAT is the massive deterent to GC for me, I've barely touched the gameplay since they brought it out. I do my GTN stuff because for some odd reason I love having billions of credits and opening hypercrates and that's about it.

Yesterday though I spent more time playing gameplay in one day than I had since I finished KoTeT. I saw light at the end of the tunnel and knew if I could get to 300 I would probably play more because that barrier of not getting top end drops would be removed.

Not everyone's opinion is the same of course but food for thought... There is no argument the population has seriously deteriorated since 5.0 and many reasons for that no doubt but if one of the most popular is that people do feel the same as me and found the idea of the tiers just not worth doing so they went to do something else then they aren't here to speak up anymore.

Often the biggest/loudest topics on these forums lately aren't even the biggest issue player numbers wise. E.g. the traitor - if we had 1 million players still I doubt the traitor issue is going to be anywhere near as punishing on player numbers as GC has been yet reading the forums you would think the traitor being who it was and the effect on romances was going to kill the game outright.

We've lost such a large portion of our community now that feedback has actually become skewed because the feedback we need, from the players who left and how we can get them back, can no longer be seen because they are gone.

Oh and HM FPs boost - for sure. However they go about it if they went with the idea of 1000 CXP per heroic, averaged the time of each heroic and then averaged the time of all other content and apply a formula to set CXP rates accordingly.

Yes people will blow through GC and get top tier but who cares at this stage? The fake grind concept drove far more people away than it kept and deters new players all the time. It failed plain and simple - the idea of having a means for all to get top end gear - great, doing it via tiers like this, ridiculous.
I agree that the current GC model isn't working. I have noticed a population decline since KotET end as well. And the boost in numbers since the bug, shows that it needs a major refinement.

I've been around since beta and did the same thing with the comms gear myself. I would myself prefer to have the lower tiers or even just the premium/prototype (maybe artifact) gear from all tiers come from tokens, while the artifact and legendary drop from crates.

When I talk about blowing through the tiers, I just mean that it seems pointless to have 4 tiers of gear, as it feels like skipping the lower gear tiers completely, comms gear or unassembled. It just feels like the smaller tiers are worthless. So either just have the two tiers, or give us the first two via tokens. I'm just trying to work with what we have, and not hand it to players for doing nothing.

As an MMO there should be some sort of grind, but it shouldn't be grueling, exhausting, and utterly boring. Which for someone like me that totally has no addiction to the game and can quit at any time, that's what the CXP/crate grind is starting to become.

I also love your point about the traitor "issue" being bigger than the real issue.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.30.2017 , 04:41 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
I agree that the current GC model isn't working. I have noticed a population decline since KotET end as well. And the boost in numbers since the bug, shows that it needs a major refinement.

I've been around since beta and did the same thing with the comms gear myself. I would myself prefer to have the lower tiers or even just the premium/prototype (maybe artifact) gear from all tiers come from tokens, while the artifact and legendary drop from crates.

When I talk about blowing through the tiers, I just mean that it seems pointless to have 4 tiers of gear, as it feels like skipping the lower gear tiers completely, comms gear or unassembled. It just feels like the smaller tiers are worthless. So either just have the two tiers, or give us the first two via tokens. I'm just trying to work with what we have, and not hand it to players for doing nothing.

As an MMO there should be some sort of grind, but it shouldn't be grueling, exhausting, and utterly boring. Which for someone like me that totally has no addiction to the game and can quit at any time, that's what the CXP/crate grind is starting to become.

I also love your point about the traitor "issue" being bigger than the real issue.
Yup it should have grind and the grind from pre GC I thought was fine, I will never understand why they messed it and why they still won't fix it.

I mean I had another idea at the time of launch of GC that if they at least made is to you could get ANY tier gear at any time it would help that little bit.
i.e. at tier 1 really low odds of a tier 4 BiS piece but there is a chance, better chance of tier 3, better still of tier 2 etc. and then when you go up a tier all odds increase. The tiers then would just be a minimum gear you WILL get at worst. Sort of like how you can get a gold mount from a bronze pack maybe, better chances at silver pack and guaranteed at gold.
This above still wouldn't be as good as before but at least it would be a lure to the tiers instead of the point you make around them being pointless, they truly are. It's a grind for no reason than just to grind to get to the end - it sucks in short.

Anyway a better post by Eric would have been "and we've decided to make ALL planetary dailies effected by this "bug" * wink wink * for the rest of this week". I would love to be going back to vanilla planets again doing old school dailies for these boosts .... ahhh the memories of vanilla planets heh.

lordofshalottt's Avatar


lordofshalottt
08.30.2017 , 04:48 PM | #45
Why are people still whining about command? If you don't like it, pretend it's not there and you can gear up exactly the same as you did before command came out. literally, there is no difference.

Jmenks's Avatar


Jmenks
08.30.2017 , 04:50 PM | #46
Well that is a dumb decision. This actually made myself and many others play and gear up their alts again. It was grindy, but tolerable and made me go do dailies again like it was 2-3 years ago. This change shouldn't happen, because your flawed system as is makes it terrible to play alts, one of the best parts about this game since launch.

Saber of Exar Kun

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.30.2017 , 04:52 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Jmenks View Post
Well that is a dumb decision. This actually made myself and many others play and gear up their alts again. It was grindy, but tolerable and made me go do dailies again like it was 2-3 years ago. This change shouldn't happen, because your flawed system as is makes it terrible to play alts, one of the best parts about this game since launch.
I liked it as well because there were more people in the daily area and people were grouping up there and it was fun again, instead of me being the only one in the daily area.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.30.2017 , 04:55 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by lordofshalottt View Post
Why are people still whining about command? If you don't like it, pretend it's not there and you can gear up exactly the same as you did before command came out. literally, there is no difference.
It's completely different, stop trolling.

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.30.2017 , 04:56 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by lordofshalottt View Post
Why are people still whining about command? If you don't like it, pretend it's not there and you can gear up exactly the same as you did before command came out. literally, there is no difference.
Anything that gets more people playing is not whining. There were more people playing and grouping in the daily area and something that does that is good in my book.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.30.2017 , 04:57 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I liked it as well because there were more people in the daily area and people were grouping up there and it was fun again, instead of me being the only one in the daily area.
But but but they might interfere with your RP. :P

I'm sure you weren't one of the people arguing for "less populated" servers in the server merge thread though right? I would have to laugh anyone who was arguing for that so they can "play in peace" now saying "yay look how more populated the instances are"