Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Umbara Stronghold Exploit

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.30.2017 , 02:19 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

There is an exploit which was introduced in Game Update 5.4 that we want to make you aware of, so that you avoid it. Currently, it is possible for someone to use the Guild Ship Summon feature to bring you into the room where you buy the Stronghold, therefore subverting the process of gaining access to the room. This is not intended and is considered an exploit. Do not participate in this exploit. This bug will be fixed in 5.4a tomorrow.

Following the bug being fixed we will begin to investigate the impact of the exploit and what action is required. I will post a follow-up once that has occured. We take exploits very seriously and want to ensure that SWTOR remains an even playing field. Thank you to the vast majority of you, who avoided this exploit.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eanelinea
08.30.2017 , 02:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

There is an exploit which was introduced in Game Update 5.4 that we want to make you aware of, so that you avoid it. Currently, it is possible for someone to use the Guild Ship Summon feature to bring you into the room where you buy the Stronghold, therefore subverting the process of gaining access to the room. This is not intended and is considered an exploit. Do not participate in this exploit. This bug will be fixed in 5.4a tomorrow.

Following the bug being fixed we will begin to investigate the impact of the exploit and what action is required. I will post a follow-up once that has occured. We take exploits very seriously and want to ensure that SWTOR remains an even playing field. Thank you to the vast majority of you, who avoided this exploit.

-eric
Um, I didn't do THIS, but is it okay to group with someone and invite them TO the stronghold itself? I just want to be sure, because I'm been inviting a guildie or two to my group and then inviting them to come see MY stronghold itself. I know it's okay with other strongholds, but since this one is a special one, I just want to be sure it's okay to invite them to my personal train stronghold that I own and am on. Thanks.
Bioware, please don't turn our love interests coming back into the cheap KOTOR style dialogue!!!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

TUXs
08.30.2017 , 02:25 PM | #3
Exploit? Seriously? So...what about reaching Odessan that way? I don't get this at all lol. How else can someone see the publicly listed Umbra train houses Eric??
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Tsillah
08.30.2017 , 02:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
Um, I didn't do THIS, but is it okay to group with someone and invite them TO the stronghold itself? I just want to be sure, because I'm been inviting a guildie or two to my group and then inviting them to come see MY stronghold itself. I know it's okay with other strongholds, but since this one is a special one, I just want to be sure it's okay to invite them to my personal train stronghold that I own and am on. Thanks.
Should be fine. There is no problem inviting people to your SH, but the area he is talking about is where you buy the SH. This exploit allows people to bypass the key purchase that costs 60 tokens from the Umbara FP. That's what the exploit is about.
Galactic Command shall fall. May the Empire rise!

Gratuitous display of referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB Use it for some goodies or don't use it.

docbenwayddo
08.30.2017 , 02:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Should be fine. There is no problem inviting people to your SH, but the area he is talking about is where you buy the SH. This exploit allows people to bypass the key purchase that costs 60 tokens from the Umbara FP. That's what the exploit is about.
The question was asked for the same reason. I'm not going to elaborate.

EricMusco
08.30.2017 , 02:29 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
This is correct. To clarify for any confusion, the exploit is someone Guild Ship Summoning you into the room where you purchase the Stronghold. This room requires an "Invitation: Trader's Quarters" to access normally. Being summoned into the room currently ignores that requirement, allowing you to purchase the Stronghold without the required currency or access.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

docbenwayddo
08.30.2017 , 02:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
...stuff that made me wonder...
There is a PM to explain what might have been the concern.

Jeweledleah
08.30.2017 , 02:42 PM | #8
Eric. consider placing the terminal on fleet next to other terminals and simple disable purchase button on it. consider making that traders quarters key instead an actual stronghold key. the fact that this stronghold cannot be visited through normal means is just... what is the polite word I'm looking for... strange. odd.

-Bob-
08.30.2017 , 02:46 PM | #9
So, you're going to reset conquest again tomorrow?
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Svrkld Legacy
I like Goils

Referral link

benmas
08.30.2017 , 02:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
. the fact that this stronghold cannot be visited through normal means is just... what is the polite word I'm looking for... strange. odd.
poor design choice?
waythuk/clortork/bengat/nex/harrkov
sagrtar/maseddheed/cyrenic/hugert
The Red Eclipse
<take a seat>