Maintenance: August 31st, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, August 31st in order to apply Game Update 5.4a. Note that we are still actively testing this patch to ensure the fixes are working properly. We will let you know if maintenance timing changes.

Details:

DATE: 31 August 2017

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 GMT)

VERSION: 5.4a

Patch Notes will be available here on Thursday. The currently planned fixes are:

• Iokath Daily Missions going back to their correct CXP rewards. (link)
  • Fixing the Umbara Stronghold Exploit. (link)
  • Ensuring players can get back to the last boss in Crisis on Umbara, even if they die to the adds.
  • Gladiopod Workers and Soldiers counting properly towards the Crisis on Umbara Achievements.
  • The defensive turrets on the train will no longer block progression if they are aggroed.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Heading it off at the pass, we will post what is changing before the end of the day. Working on finalizing a few things and then I will get the changes edited into the post above. Formal patch notes will go live tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I take it this is a fix for the cxp bug that daylies give?:rak_03:

LOL - Most likely. FUN was detected by the Balance Guy in the backroom. Time to grind now before removed.

@ERIC - thanks for the heads up!

Appreciate the communications in advance. (Understanding that User unexpected benefit Bugs/Exploits you can't list) :D

I take it this is a fix for the cxp bug that daylies give?:rak_03:

As much as I hope not, it is most likely.

This bug actually gave me a reason to do dailies again. It also is a relief on the gear grind. But then again, I don't do much of the big stuff, so the extent of the grind is more my fault.

As much as I hope not, it is most likely.

This bug actually gave me a reason to do dailies again. It also is a relief on the gear grind. But then again, I don't do much of the big stuff, so the extent of the grind is more my fault.

Yeah, I also saw some people grouping for daylies again and seeing usually abandoned planets have activity. O welp!

Oh, man I hope they don't bring those back down ~80 again.

I just had the bug where I lost all my light side points so I can't use my cool new sounding lightsaber anymore. If they nerf the new daily amount I think I may just stop playing altogether.

Planned fixes have been added to the main post above. Thanks!

-eric

Ah so you are going to fix it.

I agree that the 1200CP was too much, along with the CXP event and the CXP booster you can get on the fleet I was netting nearly 3500CXP per daily.

But really, 75 CXP? That is simply too little. I hope you reconsider that amount and at least double it up to around 200 CXP.

Has there been any word on the new holo statue decorations? Once you place them down you can't interact with the hook they're on. The reset decoration option also doesn't pick them up. Any idea when he can expect a fix on that?

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, August 31st in order to apply Game Update 5.4a. Note that we are still actively testing this patch to ensure the fixes are working properly. We will let you know if maintenance timing changes.

Details:

DATE: 31 August 2017

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 GMT)

VERSION: 5.4a

Patch Notes will be available here on Thursday. The currently planned fixes are:

• Iokath Daily Missions going back to their correct CXP rewards. (link)
  • Fixing the Umbara Stronghold Exploit. (link)
  • Ensuring players can get back to the last boss in Crisis on Umbara, even if they die to the adds.
  • Gladiopod Workers and Soldiers counting properly towards the Crisis on Umbara Achievements.
  • The defensive turrets on the train will no longer block progression if they are aggroed.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

No increase to SH count, so no reason to resub. To bad ;/

Too bad, because people are actually running dailies again with the CXP boost and we could level up alts again without the massive Korean style grind fest.

Fun detected > nerf cannon loaded > massive NERF to all > also orbital NERF carpet bomming ordered

Ah so you are going to fix it.

I agree that the 1200CP was too much, along with the CXP event and the CXP booster you can get on the fleet I was netting nearly 3500CXP per daily.

But really, 75 CXP? That is simply too little. I hope you reconsider that amount and at least double it up to around 200 CXP.

They only nerfed the Iokath daily. They said that they didn't know how to do it on the other daily area, but I thing that it is because Iokath daily are way more numerous than the other area. They said that they weren't nerfing the other for now, and seeing the success of this massive buff they were considering a way to implement it on a more softer balance, by making it still present and available for peoples to enjoy these. Congrats BW, I don't know if this bug was intended or not, but this sure made peoples happy about your system. Maybe there is still hope for this game. ;)