Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: August 31st, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: August 31st, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.30.2017 , 12:30 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, August 31st in order to apply Game Update 5.4a. Note that we are still actively testing this patch to ensure the fixes are working properly. We will let you know if maintenance timing changes.

Details:
DATE: 31 August 2017
TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 GMT)
VERSION: 5.4a

Patch Notes will be available here on Thursday. The currently planned fixes are:
  • Iokath Daily Missions going back to their correct CXP rewards. (link)
  • Fixing the Umbara Stronghold Exploit. (link)
  • Ensuring players can get back to the last boss in Crisis on Umbara, even if they die to the adds.
  • Gladiopod Workers and Soldiers counting properly towards the Crisis on Umbara Achievements.
  • The defensive turrets on the train will no longer block progression if they are aggroed.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
08.30.2017 , 12:58 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Heading it off at the pass, we will post what is changing before the end of the day. Working on finalizing a few things and then I will get the changes edited into the post above. Formal patch notes will go live tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Jagaimee
08.30.2017 , 01:39 PM | #3
Thanks so much for the heads-up (and for your hard work in testing the patch). Here's hoping everything goes well!
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Eshvara
08.30.2017 , 01:42 PM | #4
I take it this is a fix for the cxp bug that daylies give?
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

dscount
08.30.2017 , 01:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
LOL - Most likely. FUN was detected by the Balance Guy in the backroom. Time to grind now before removed.

@ERIC - thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate the communications in advance. (Understanding that User unexpected benefit Bugs/Exploits you can't list)
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

UlaVii
08.30.2017 , 01:51 PM | #6
Does this mean that conquest is about to be reset again mid-week?

HKtheindomitable
08.30.2017 , 01:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
As much as I hope not, it is most likely.

This bug actually gave me a reason to do dailies again. It also is a relief on the gear grind. But then again, I don't do much of the big stuff, so the extent of the grind is more my fault.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Ebon Hawk | Captain |International Guild

Eshvara
08.30.2017 , 02:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
As much as I hope not, it is most likely.

This bug actually gave me a reason to do dailies again. It also is a relief on the gear grind. But then again, I don't do much of the big stuff, so the extent of the grind is more my fault.
Yeah, I also saw some people grouping for daylies again and seeing usually abandoned planets have activity. O welp!
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

EricMusco
08.30.2017 , 02:23 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Planned fixes have been added to the main post above. Thanks!

-eric

dandamanno
08.30.2017 , 02:25 PM | #10
Oh, man I hope they don't bring those back down ~80 again.

I just had the bug where I lost all my light side points so I can't use my cool new sounding lightsaber anymore. If they nerf the new daily amount I think I may just stop playing altogether.