Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How old is our character?

aerockyul
08.28.2017 , 06:55 PM | #21
Is it possible to "age" in carbonite? That 5 years might not be applicable to our current "age"
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Diviciacus
08.28.2017 , 07:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
Baras was calling my SW a child in the final main story quest to the dark council too, a few other young mentions that chapter also. So for a couple of classes the young/kid comments continue right through. Most 'feel' mature from the start, though. whatever age they might be for the players.
That's more belittlement than legitimate, though. I mean Baras is 57 by the time you kill him, so he IS older, but calling you a kid/child/whatever is really just an insult, not accuracy.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

IoNonSoEVero
08.29.2017 , 09:27 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Is it possible to "age" in carbonite? That 5 years might not be applicable to our current "age"
Physically I don't think so - but on paper, officially, if someone looked at their birth year, it would still count, I would think.

KrysTamar
08.30.2017 , 08:59 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhedzaban View Post
Isn't it a bit jarring when NPC's call you a kid or refer to you as young? True that only tends to happen in the first chapter (vanilla). By Act 2 my character starts to feel a lot more mature.
Especially if you've made your appearance to be more "mature"...I have a Trooper that when during the intro to the Trooper story when Gearbox calls him kid I'm thinking "Son...I'm old enough to be your daddy."

feylyndiira
08.30.2017 , 09:11 AM | #25
Isn't it a bit jarring when NPC's call you a kid or refer to you as young? True that only tends to happen in the first chapter (vanilla). By Act 2 my character starts to feel a lot more mature.
Not really, because in most cases, it seems like the speaker is using it as more of either an endearment or as a way of being condescending than actually commenting on the age of the character.
Crimson and Ebony
A Tale of the Sith Warrior

Swingkittie
08.30.2017 , 10:01 AM | #26
When we start the game i always assumed our character was a 20ish year old padawan/apprentice/recruit. My feeling is that the game has been going 6 years now and if we add to that the 5 years in stasis then our character is now in their early 30s.

Does that sound about right? Has anyone worked out an exact timeframe for our characters? Rightly or wrongly, I always assumed all the classes are the same age.
Early 30's sounds about right. I know there was info on our companions ages. I believe Quinn is 37 when we meet him and apparently never ages. I find it interesting that they aged Satele though. Is she the only one they did that with?

I think the age of our character goes in line with the love interest too. Corso is pretty young, so is Ashara (I think she is 20), and Nadia is young, as well as Torian. Vette and Jaesa also are young. The only companions that look older to me was Andronikas and Ilresso. However, I think our main characters were supposed to be between 18 and 24 when chapter 1 starts. At least that is my opinion.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

SteveTheCynic
08.30.2017 , 10:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Swingkittie View Post
Early 30's sounds about right. I know there was info on our companions ages. I believe Quinn is 37 when we meet him and apparently never ages. I find it interesting that they aged Satele though. Is she the only one they did that with?

I think the age of our character goes in line with the love interest too. Corso is pretty young, so is Ashara (I think she is 20), and Nadia is young, as well as Torian. Vette and Jaesa also are young. The only companions that look older to me was Andronikas and Ilresso. However, I think our main characters were supposed to be between 18 and 24 when chapter 1 starts. At least that is my opinion.
Re: Kaliyo's age. While she is obviously the sort to keep that kind of detail to herself, the Codex entry for the Agent when you first get her as a companion says that she is 29, if memory serves.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Eshvara
08.30.2017 , 10:42 AM | #28

I think people would be upset if they changed toons. But a customisation options with some changed could work. But only for the canon faces I'd say, or it'll be a lot of work.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Dracofish
08.30.2017 , 12:15 PM | #29

Andronikos is 35 at the start of the main campaign.

The one that surprised me is Talos. He's apparently only in his mid 20's at the start of the main story and I always assumed he was in his 50's.

It might be my complete imagination, but Theron's model from in FE and beyond appears to have a bit of lighter hair at the temples (compared to his SoR model). It would make sense. He's in his mid-30's at that point and I could picture him getting a bit of salt n' pepper there.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Eanelinea
08.30.2017 , 12:42 PM | #30
I've always had it where my girls (cause those are my main toons) began really young. I see it as even if they have some knowledge or training, level 1 was an 'I don't know anything I just know a little and I know how to breath and walk at the same time'

So, in Vanilla level 1 my girls are:

Sith Warrior is 17, when she meets Quinn she's 18.

Sith Inquisitor is 17, when she meets Andronikos she's 18/19.

Jedi Knight is 17, when she meets Doc she's 18/19.

Jedi Consular is 17, she meets Tharan at 17/18.

Smuggler is 18, she's 18 when she meets Corso (she's also my Sith War's daughter and Quinn is her father, which is why she knows how to pilot a ship at such a young age.)

Bounty Hunter is 17/18, she's about 18/19 when she meets Torian (I have this thing for older men, even if it's only a few months older) (These two are my consular's parents)

Agent is 21. She's about 22 when she meets Vector (these two are also my Jedi Knights parents)

Trooper is 18/19 when she meets Jorgan. I know she's been through the academy and some special training, but I see her as entering the military at just hitting 17 and by the time she's done, she's close to 19.

So, about let's say right AT Crisis of Umbara, my girls have aged about 12ish years from Vanilla Level 1 newb, to Umbara.

So, even though the carbonite kept them from physically aging, their birthdays still came and went so, my girls are now, approximately:

Sith War 29
Sith Inq 29
Jedi Knight 29
Jedi Consular 29
Smuggler 30
Agent 33
Trooper 30
BH 29

The above after 12ish years, plus 12 years added on to their husbands.

Quinn is now 49
Andronikos 47
Torian 30/31
Jorgan 42
Corso 34
Vector 37
Doc 42
Iresso 40something
(And cause my Consular has a kid with him via legacy tree)Tharan C 41

Theron is what 40/42 now and same with Lana if she and Theron are around the same age. (Not sure what Theron's age is when we're in Vanilla level 1 time frame.)
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.