Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Questions STILL not working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Security Questions STILL not working
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Evassa
12.13.2011 , 06:27 PM | #31
well this is my third call and now I'm still waiting not with the lady voice, but with the recorded guy voice.

my previous calls were like 1 hrs, and they cut me off
the second one was 2 hrs and nothing
the next call was the lady voice: at this moment i hang up like 5 times, until i get again the guy voice from bioware call center.

15 min and counting

if this is a nightmare before the normal launch of the game, i don't want to know what's going to happen that day though.

do this forum from CS has a moderator at all?

maybe if more people has this issue and post in this place maybe one of the CS will see the issue.

obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 06:32 PM | #32
My friend is thinking of calling at a ridiculous time (some time early in the morning or late at night) to see if he gets through.

Cerimon
12.13.2011 , 06:33 PM | #33 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Please see the Security Questions and Answers sticky for information on how to deal with these issues. We are aware of the hold time on our support phone lines at present and advise that if you need to contact Customer Service regarding these issues calling will still give you the fastest resolution. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for Pre-Ordering Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

angelyyz
12.13.2011 , 06:33 PM | #34
Same issue here..I was on hold first 2 1/2 hours..then 2..cut off both times. That's almost half my cell phone minutes for the month. Now I keep getting the female recording that won't even put me in the queue. My issue is that it refuses to allow my security answers even though I know they're correct.. SO Frustrating!! I'm about ready to downgrade my collectors edition..what's the point?
Grrrr *sigh*

tifaia
12.13.2011 , 06:35 PM | #35
Adding my b/f user name Zangulus to the mess.

We've tried everything, including logging in on my computer to see if a different question pops up. He knows the answers are correct. The system just isn't accepting any of them. So now he's locked out and keeps repeating the cycle.

He has already attempted to contact customer service via phone and can not get through-and there appears to be no call queue to allow you to wait it out; it just hangs up on him.

He's also gone through the e-mail form, so we'll see what happens and hope we get a response that will be helpful. Right now it's just going in circles. Reset password, attempt to answer questions again knowing the answers are right (and typing them in correctly) and keep getting the same error that they are not correct.
All the way to Alderaan.
Queue? What Q?

The Nightfall Syndicate

digitald
12.13.2011 , 06:36 PM | #36
well damn after 2 days i finally got a hold of someone that could fix my accounts security questions. I feel for all the folks that are still having issues, and I hope you get them resolved soon. There is a queue ( a very long one) if you can get a hold of the automated system. I recommend putting your phone on speaker and find something to amuse yourself with for 2-3 hours. no joke.

obi-juan
12.13.2011 , 06:37 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by A4-I4 View Post
Greetings All,

Please see the Security Questions and Answers sticky for information on how to deal with these issues. We are aware of the hold time on our support phone lines at present and advise that if you need to contact Customer Service regarding these issues calling will still give you the fastest resolution. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for Pre-Ordering Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
This sticky implies that it is the user typing the answer in wrong and all they need to do is reset their password, this thread is about people who are typing answers that used to work and no longer let you login even though they are correct. That was a disappointing dev response.

ToonPricey
12.13.2011 , 06:40 PM | #38
That didn't answer the questions we have really, we want answers on why the security questions aren't accepted the obvious correct answers we are putting in and repeating the same damn question everytime.

They should have some sort of different system for us to offer proof that it is indeed our accounts we want the security questions reset for us to log in. Other than just waiting hours for the customer service people to answer.

wesclark
12.13.2011 , 06:43 PM | #39
soo after 2 hours of waiting, i got through. she was polite, spoke impeccable english. as it turned out i had a typo in my answer. so piece of advice. make sure you know your answer inside out. caps, spelling, spaces included. Also, i asked her what was happening and she said that most people are locked out. I found out you can reset your password via email after being locked out and you get 5 more chances to guess your answer. hope this helps!

Devlin_trigger
12.13.2011 , 06:44 PM | #40
ditto.... worth the wait...glad its sorted