Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operarions Panel Poll

Defel
08.26.2017 , 12:47 AM | #1
I wanted to get a census of what people run for operation panel configuration, such as where do you place tanks, healers, and DPS and what configuration do you run it in. Mostly for 8 man but 16 man feedback is welcome.

We run Tanks on top, Healers on the bottom, and DPS in the center in two 4 player columns as a base configuration.

Look forward to seeing what others do, thanks for the info and feedback.

madeklu
08.26.2017 , 04:56 AM | #2
Depends on fight.

When group doesnt need to be split to do different tasks I personally like the Tanks and Heals in group 1 with tanks on top heals bottom and 4 dps in group 2, mele on top.

If group needs to be split to sides or objectives (ie Trasher,Draxus, Brontes) I'd go for tanks on top heals on bottom with dps in the middle.
Nifster Niffy Menélwen Nifsmash

Célesti'ia

Khaleijo
08.26.2017 , 05:05 AM | #3
For 8 player groups I know two setups.
Tank mDPS
Tank mDPS
Healer rDPS
Healer rDPS

Tank Tank
mDPS mDPS
rDPS rDPS
Healer Healer

Usually I prefer the second layout, as there are a lot of bosses where the group splits up anyway, on two targets, or left and right side, going upstairs or whatever. The raid leader doesn't need to tell everyone where he should be, it's more or less self-explanatory looking at you position in the raid frame.

There are some bosses like second in Asation where it could be wise to not put the tanks in the same group with DPS. For example if you have a marauder with you, who could accidentally kill the tank during force leech
In the end with my group the layout is not set in stone but is adapted to the boss we are doing. Operator for example is sorted from top to bottom with the colours blue to yellow, the right column clicking the console and playing the deletion protocol mechanic first. Same with Oasis City, sorted into the two man teams being together in the same row.

For 16 player mode I have only seen tanks in group 1, healers in group 4 with additionally ones set in group 1 too if you are running with more than 4 healers. DPS in groups 2 and 3.
Freund werben, 7 Tage Probeabo: www.swtor.com/r/GJhHrY

Defel
08.26.2017 , 05:10 PM | #4
Thank you for the feedback so far, I especially like the discussion of arrangements for specific bosses. It is interesting to see what others do and confirm or change our setup to work with standard setups.

Torvai
08.28.2017 , 03:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleijo View Post
Tank mDPS
Tank mDPS
Healer rDPS
Healer rDPS
This is our standard setup. And the reason most groups still do it is that in the good old days bloodthirst/Inspiration only applied to the group in wich the mara was. So you setup your raidframe in this order. Nowadays it's just personal preference.
And for this setup, even if you need to split, you can say rows 1 and 3 and 2 and 4, and you have two groups as well.

But ultimately you should let your healers decide this, as they are the ones who need to work with it the most.