Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Order of Difficulty in Master Mode Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Order of Difficulty in Master Mode Flashpoints

aerockyul
08.15.2017 , 02:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
You do know that people have soloed it before?
I don't think he was saying the top .000001% of players would have a hard time, but that pugging would be nearly impossible, and still difficult even with people you know. And not being, you know, in the top .000001% of players.
I get where you're coming from whenever you "remind" people that stuff can be solo'd or run naked, but that is just simply not a realistic outcome for virtually the entire player base.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

CountZart
08.15.2017 , 04:14 PM | #12
I have soloed Hammer Station Master in DPS gear on a Shadow, 248 gear and a lvl 50 comp.

The first boss can be tricky. Sometimes the comp miss to cleanse.. then the selfcleans comes handy.

The last boss, is easy, as long as you push out the adds.

Ps. I tried it also with my Tank gear.. but the last boss Enraged. Insufficient dps.

merovejec
08.16.2017 , 02:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I don't think he was saying the top .000001% of players would have a hard time, but that pugging would be nearly impossible, and still difficult even with people you know. And not being, you know, in the top .000001% of players.
I get where you're coming from whenever you "remind" people that stuff can be solo'd or run naked, but that is just simply not a realistic outcome for virtually the entire player base.
Well as for Battle of Rishi, I did it yesterday, I was on a freash 65 token toon dps assasin, the other dps was a Marauder with 2 gear pieces with Defence and rest was 180 rating avg. The Tank and healer were almost full 248, we managed to get through it, only 1 wipe on last boss.

However, not sure how the bonus boss would go.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

aerockyul
08.16.2017 , 11:33 AM | #14
Well as for Battle of Rishi, I did it yesterday, I was on a freash 65 token toon dps assasin, the other dps was a Marauder with 2 gear pieces with Defence and rest was 180 rating avg. The Tank and healer were almost full 248, we managed to get through it, only 1 wipe on last boss.

I was referencing the running solo/naked, not the puggability of harder FPs. Your insinuation that they're not hard because a top-level elite player makes them look easy was the point.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

merovejec
08.17.2017 , 12:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I was referencing the running solo/naked, not the puggability of harder FPs. Your insinuation that they're not hard because a top-level elite player makes them look easy was the point.
What people tend to forget is that you only need 2 things in the game:

1. Be able to play your class
2. Do mechanics

The encouters in the game whether its an MM FPS, Class story boss, NiM Operation, are designed to be doable. They are also designed for a certain gear level, but thats currently only valid for HM and NiM operations. You get bolster everyplace else (expcept for Star Fortress and Eternal Championship). With the introduction of the 230 gear you can buy with tokens the players have been giving the means to beat everything in the game except for the mentioned HM(but you can do those in 230 gear) and NiM ops.

What I wanted to say, by claiming I passed BoR with a token lvl 68 toon with 208 gear and another dps Marauder with 190 green and less, is that if you know how to play your class and execute the mechanics well you can beat any boss in the game. The mechanics themselves are not even that hard, its mainly about not standing in stupid. This is not elitism or whatever, this is purely stating facts. People cannot complain about gear not being enough for the fps, its the mechanics and class knowledge.

To be honest I was expecting to be kicked from the fps due to me not being lvl 70 and having crap gear, but I wasnt, they gave me a chance and were rewarded, so my respec to the tank and healer who didnt kick 2 dps with below 200 gear in Master Mode Battle of Rishi
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

MrNihulus
08.25.2017 , 09:46 PM | #16
After Attempting Crisis on Umbara on Master Mode, It definitely earns a high spot on the list of the hardest flashpoints and possibly on the same level as blood hunt, maybe even more. They weren't kidding with the gear requirement. The very first boss is a nightmare to heal due to the high damage output of the technician.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

krfsm
08.27.2017 , 02:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CountZart View Post
I have soloed Hammer Station Master in DPS gear on a Shadow, 248 gear and a lvl 50 comp.

The first boss can be tricky. Sometimes the comp miss to cleanse.. then the selfcleans comes handy.
If you have no problems staying alive otherwise, you can put the comp ability that contains the cleanse on manual control. That way it will always be available when you need it. Otherwise the comp will use it almost on cooldown, as it's one of the better heals.

With the (almost total) lack of dps checks on BoR, there's no reason to kick anyone for bad gear.

If your group can do last boss, doing bonus is "only" a matter of coordination (and partially group composition). Especially if your healer has some extra oomph.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleijo View Post
Yet Mokan is also mostly tactic, there is no direct DPS check, though the longer the fight goes the more strenuous it might be on the healer. It is very punishing though, if one player screws up and dies, the group often follows short time later as the third green puddle goes random and screws the stack management of the other players.
The third circle is not random, but it can be really hard to know if the player who died had gotten his circle or not. If the dead player hadn't gotten a circle, the third one falls on the tank. And if that happens things tend to go downward. As a healer you might have to select who you want to save. If you survive the C17 release, the third puddle will fall on the tank the next round.

It's much easier with only two people alive, as there is no third puddle then. Still, if the tank doesn't have a purge then timing on cleanses is tight. (You need three cleanses/stims in about 23 seconds.)

Exocor
08.27.2017 , 09:52 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNihulus View Post
After Attempting Crisis on Umbara on Master Mode, It definitely earns a high spot on the list of the hardest flashpoints and possibly on the same level as blood hunt, maybe even more. They weren't kidding with the gear requirement. The very first boss is a nightmare to heal due to the high damage output of the technician.
We killed both bosses at the same time, so the technician doesn't go into soft enrage.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Gelious
08.27.2017 , 12:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
We killed both bosses at the same time, so the technician doesn't go into soft enrage.
I am guessing he referring to his usual damage, not the enraged one.

And anyway you supposed to kill Canni first, then deal with the sin and prey your tank and heal are good enough to survive sin's ability.

P.S. The hardest part of Umbara is for everyone to stay alive after final boss dies.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.