Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest wipe?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

vadess
08.24.2017 , 02:53 PM | #41
Every time I log out and log back into a character that got conquest points this week, I keep getting the guild rewards :/

edit:

I got to a stronghold -> Reward,
Go to the fleet -> reward
Glare at the traitor -> reward

I appreciate Bioware REALLY rewarding my hard work getting conquest all these weeks... BUT I really prefer to work for my command points. At crafting mats. and what not.

Rabenschwinge
08.24.2017 , 03:06 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are looking into what is going on. Just so I am understanding correctly, your personal and guild conquest points reset. Did all of your objectives reset as well? Basically, is it appearing to you that Conquests "just started" after today's maintenance?

-eric
Yes, the objectives reset as well. I haven't marked anything as completed. I had a few one-time conquest objectives completed: "Crafting: Invasion Force", "Crafting: War Supplies", "Flashpoint: Battle of Ilum". I also had... I think about 223 enemies of the 250 NPCs on Ilum defeated for "Ilum: Rampage".

At the moment my counter is back 2200, but that's the stuff I did today: One flashpoint via group finder, one galactic star fighter battle, plus stronghold bonus.

While I am lucky in this regard, the biggest problem about the reset is that it's not only harder to complete conquest with as many characters as we desired now, but some players may have already used up their weeklies. For example: Completing the "[Weekly] Galactic Starfighter" mission gives a player 1000 points of conquest (plus boni as applicable, plus, the points for the starfighter battles themselves, 500 each). While that conquest goal is repeatable, the mission can only be done once per week, meaning that there is no way to earn those points again. The same goes for all similar weekly missions. "[Weekly] Veteran Flashpoints", "[Weekly] Galactic Conflicts", "[Weekly] Story Uprisings", "[Weekly] Veteran Uprisings", "[Weekly] Master Uprisings" and the respective PvP missions.

Additionally the days lost mean that there is less opportunity to reap points which can only earned once a day. The most efficient way to complete the weeklies which require one to do five flashpoints or uprisings respectively is to do one per day via the group finder, because then one is also eligible for the daily reward and that is another. For example, completing "[Weekly] Veteran Flashpoints" by doing the five flashpoints one per day is 6000 points alone (and that's not counting possible additional rewards for the current spotlight flashpoint,s Battle of Ilum and The False Emperor). But we can't do that anymore, because there is only today, friday, saturday and sunday and that's it.

casirabit
08.24.2017 , 03:23 PM | #43
Hey folks,

We are looking into what is going on. Just so I am understanding correctly, your personal and guild conquest points reset. Did all of your objectives reset as well? Basically, is it appearing to you that Conquests "just started" after today's maintenance?

-eric
Yes everything reset. Nothing shows completed.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Orbac
08.24.2017 , 03:54 PM | #44
Guilds that had the lead ended up winning the planet, and all of the conquest points zero'd and achievements zero'd out. it is like it was a short week and the leaders won it and it all reset all over again to do it again , as a longer short week.

Karmatree
08.24.2017 , 04:00 PM | #45
Not only did all conquest reset for me, but my weekly flashpoint quests reset progress. The weekly pvp and gsf quests did not reset.

AgentGreasy
08.24.2017 , 04:10 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Karmatree View Post
Not only did all conquest reset for me, but my weekly flashpoint quests reset progress. The weekly pvp and gsf quests did not reset.
Now that you mention it, I did lose my progress on quests I had not completed... with exception to PVP quests. Thats strange, since usually if I don't finish those quests it carries over, they never reset...
Aeoiin/Roeiin/Lythiro @ Shadowlands, <Guardians of Equinox>
------
"Do not attribute to malice that which can be easily attributed to stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Sarova
08.24.2017 , 04:22 PM | #47
Complete reset of personal conquest points for me when I was 16500/20000. And the stuff I did complete can't be redone. I suspect this will be the "solution" :-
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
Calling it now: we're going to get a "we're sorry, but we can't restore the conquest points" response from Eric in relatively short order. The patch probably dumped all that data. No compensation offered either.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

Rabenschwinge
08.24.2017 , 04:24 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Karmatree View Post
Curious. I missed it before but... My counter for "[Weekly] Galactic Conflicts" and "[Weekly] Veteran Flashpoints" did reset as well. However, the counter for "[Weekly] Galactic Starfighter", "[Weekly] Story Uprisings" and "[Weekly] Veteran Uprisings" did not.

http://imgur.com/nqglZUY

Correct would be:
[Weekly] Galactic Conflicts
Complete [Master] Flashpoints: 2/3 <--- shows 0/3, I am not 100% sure about the exact count, but I definitely completed one yesterday.

[Weekly] Galactic Starfighter
Starfighter Battles Played (Wins count x2): 5/7 <--- correct, 3 on the counter yesterday, one won battle today

[Weekly] Story Uprisings
Complete [Story] Uprisings: 2/5 <---- correct

[Weekly] Veteran Flashpoints
Complete [Veteran] Flashpoints: 4/5 <---- shows 1/5, the one I completed after the patch

[Weekly] Veteran Uprisings
Complete [Veteran] Uprisings: 1/5 <--- correct

EricMusco
08.24.2017 , 05:39 PM | #49 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Ok, so I have some information on what happened. As a part of our Game Update, we adjusted the Conquest schedule as we typically do. A side effect of adjusting this schedule is that it ends the current Conquest to begin the next one. Normally, this isn't an issue since it happens during maintenance when the normal Conquest reset is happening anyway. However, this happening a couple of days later, leads to what happened this morning.

In short, Tuesday's Conquest ended this morning during maintenance and a new Conquest began. All objectives were reset, rewards and titles were distributed as if a Conquest ended, etc. This new Conquest will end next week as per normal and rewards should go out then as well.

We actually did some work behind the scenes with 5.4 to improve the consistency of rewards being distributed. Still, the issues we have been having with Conquests are not acceptable and we are taking a hard look at the system to see what we can do to improve it. We apologize for the on-going issues with Conquests. I will pass on further information as I have it!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sasco
08.24.2017 , 05:46 PM | #50
Hey folks,

Ok, so I have some information on what happened. As a part of our Game Update, we adjusted the Conquest schedule as we typically do. A side effect of adjusting this schedule is that it ends the current Conquest to begin the next one. Normally, this isn't an issue since it happens during maintenance when the normal Conquest reset is happening anyway. However, this happening a couple of days later, leads to what happened this morning.

In short, Tuesday's Conquest ended this morning during maintenance and a new Conquest began. All objectives were reset, rewards and titles were distributed as if a Conquest ended, etc. This new Conquest will end next week as per normal and rewards should go out then as well.

We actually did some work behind the scenes with 5.4 to improve the consistency of rewards being distributed. Still, the issues we have been having with Conquests are not acceptable and we are taking a hard look at the system to see what we can do to improve it. We apologize for the on-going issues with Conquests. I will pass on further information as I have it!

-eric
One suggestion would be to have the maintenance occur 10 minutes after re-set time and then all the Conquest rewards etc would go out fine (on a normal game update Tuesday maintenance that is)
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "
Benjamin Franklin