Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JattaGin
08.23.2017 , 02:02 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by OneHit View Post
Realisticly though. What's the real date? Does it start with October? I'm thinking realisticly October.

On a scale of 1-10 10 being the greatest. Where does "a quality level we are comfortable with" fall? For fun let's just shout out a number. I'll start. 6
I lol'd. Twice.

Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
Pretty sure you found the real reason for the delay. The traitor whoever he or she is, has been sabotaging the release in order to keep their good name. I can't blame em.

I think the missing companions might also play a part. They're probably holding the solution hostage until the devs write their returns. The characters are having their own little uprising.
Omg. That's even better then the first quote.

Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
I think it's all a ruse, and the real traitor isn't who we think it is. But when they went to change it in the live patch, someone misspelled a word in the line of code and they're having trouble tracking it down.
Stop it already. A ruse. I hear Valkorion's voice in my head.

I think the community is taking the delay quite chilled. Some of the usual ones with the usual replies, but overall I think the reactions are acceptable. Funny even, it a not unfriendly way.

For me, it doesn't make a big difference. I'm okay with a delay until Tuesday.

However, I find it very worrying that they are not able to hold their - in my opinion already quite long - timeframe for their updates. I don't know what they have to do and how much manpower they need, but if I think when they had announced the date for 5.4 and then they are not able to deliver a working update on the day stated a couple of months ago... well, that makes me wonder about how dimmed the lights are for BW Austin for this game. I cannot imagine how difficult EA must make the situation for BW, because that's very likely what's happening.

Let me finish with something positive: Dear devs, I wish you strength and power to overcome whatever tough situation you are experiencing at work. I still appreciate that this game is still there for my leisure time. Keep on!
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

supertimtaf
08.23.2017 , 02:09 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
For me, it doesn't make a big difference. I'm okay with a delay until Tuesday.

However, I find it very worrying that they are not able to hold their - in my opinion already quite long - timeframe for their updates. I don't know what they have to do and how much manpower they need, but if I think when they had announced the date for 5.4 and then they are not able to deliver a working update on the day stated a couple of months ago... well, that makes me wonder about how dimmed the lights are for BW Austin for this game. I cannot imagine how difficult EA must make the situation for BW, because that's very likely what's happening.

Let me finish with something positive: Dear devs, I wish you strength and power to overcome whatever tough situation you are experiencing at work. I still appreciate that this game is still there for my leisure time. Keep on!
Still, I hope we get a super awesome effect on those S8 ranked weapons. It would be worth the delay.

But yeah, you're pointing an issue that almost everybody see now, the team, or whatever you prefer to call a five man group, is just not ready for this kind of game. You would expect to have at least two or three guy for at least class balance. And another Combat Team that would work with them... Seems like these roles are still only filled with two people. One for each team.
Although, with all this money going into the CM I'm surprised they don't have enough to hire new peoples.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Ryamos
08.23.2017 , 03:23 PM | #123
"it's fixed this time, for real": I remember when we heard that for literally patches on end with the corpses that weren't despawning.

"It'll be patched tomorrow, for real": Is the new version.

Next we'll find out that all of Bioware Montreal is working on this patch, and the real reason it's taking so long is because they have to get in as much SJW memes as possible while making the Traitor look like this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jv1KNZbLhcg/maxresdefault.jpg

Ryamos
08.23.2017 , 03:25 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
If it was Bethesda they'd have just told "Dave" the blind and deaf tester (only tester) to keep quiet and have released it anyway

So well done Bioware. You earn yourself one point on my Devs/Publishers to not have eliminated when I rise to power chart.

Fortunately I'm not around Wednesday either so it works out just fine for me. Work must intrude.
"well done" - no. Instead the two fingerless coders working at EA (this isn't bioware, bioware was replaced by EA staff years ago after EA bought the company) decided to take a few years off and make fixes only on...*checks dice* days ending in 2. Hence why this patch isn't ready and probably won't be.

Ryamos
08.23.2017 , 03:26 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
People wonder why Bioware has had issues communicating in the past.
Well this thread right here is a great example of why. Criticizing them for bugs that don't currently exist for an unreleased patch and delaying a patch because they found a bug that needs to be fixed.
"bioware' has issues communicating because it's all EA now.

Ryamos
08.23.2017 , 03:29 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
A'right, cool. Thanks, Eric, for the heads-up! And thank you for taking the time to make sure the launch of 5.4 is as bug-free as possible.

To everybody complaining: Guys, really, if they *had* released it tomorrow - or today - with giant bugs all throughout, you would've been complaining about the poor quality of the patch. Instead they delay it so they can work like insanity on fixing these bugs, and you complain that it's delayed.
...oi. *facepalm*
And as for "well why didn't they spot this bug sooner"... I don't know much about the world of coding and games, but I *do* know: this, like all technology, is not perfect. This is also a very strange game engine they're working off of, and it gets its little tech-pants in a bunch at completely random times for completely random reasons. Stuff happens.
For those blowing smoke up our behinds: "guys, really, if they *had*" properly worked on fixing bugs in this game, listening to players making bug reports, and actually cared about doing more than pushing cartel coin sales, this wouldn't be an issue.
There are bugs in this game from BETA that haven't been even lazily acknowledged by EA, let alone looked at. Don't give them a pass for laziness.

Deewe
08.23.2017 , 06:51 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryamos View Post
For those blowing smoke up our behinds: "guys, really, if they *had*" properly worked on fixing bugs in this game, listening to players making bug reports, and actually cared about doing more than pushing cartel coin sales, this wouldn't be an issue.
There are bugs in this game from BETA that haven't been even lazily acknowledged by EA, let alone looked at. Don't give them a pass for laziness.
We all know they don't have the manpower anymore to do so.

Otherwise rest assured those bugs would have been nailed and the new ones like the gear preview window would have been fixed 6 months ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Unfortunately, getting the issues addressed and tested in Umbara is taking longer than expected. As much as we want to get Crisis on Umbara to you ASAP, we want to ensure that it is at a quality level we are comfortable with. For that reason, we need to delay Game Update 5.4 by an additional 24 hours.

-eric
Thx for the update and has having been there I know whatever great testing you do shi* happends.

That being said, to be totally honest, the communication and the lack of change based on player feedback really sucked lately.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

AllisonLightning
08.23.2017 , 08:10 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Unfortunately, getting the issues addressed and tested in Umbara is taking longer than expected. As much as we want to get Crisis on Umbara to you ASAP, we want to ensure that it is at a quality level we are comfortable with. For that reason, we need to delay Game Update 5.4 by an additional 24 hours.

The new maintenance window for 5.4 will be Thursday, 8/24 at 5AM PDT. I will go ahead and update this timing in all maintenance messaging as well. We do apologize for the delay and thank you again for your patience!

-eric
I know it had to be delayed but this is going to eat up raid time for our APAC team that runs on certain days to 'avoid' losing time for your maintenance, and we already have been suffering whatever adjustments and issues have been occurring during APAC prime time, i.e. weird lag spikes where you can do nothing for ten seconds/ability wise. I mean, I had a lockout on two healers last week for HM SnV- last one was raid team (our clear so yay!), first was a raiding guild where we lost an hour waiting for the lag to stop because we were lagging out mid HM Styrak pull, one after another.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

EricMusco
08.24.2017 , 08:01 AM | #129 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
All SWTOR servers are now available with Game Update 5.4 'Crisis on Umbara'!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SparkySquirrel
08.24.2017 , 08:08 AM | #130
Did conquests get reset?