Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blood Hunt needs serious change for Veteran

SammuelColdheart
08.06.2017 , 12:19 PM | #1
I just came out from there and this FP needs serious redone on the arena bosses...

First the heal stations, are all at the edge of the arena, by the time you get to them, you are either kicked over the edge of the arena, or killed by the mead/meat attack of the male boss... you neither can disrupt it, nor you can reach healing station...

Second the heal stations should be in the middle, no over the edges of the arena... its impossible to reach them with the pushes over the edge or, the meat attack, which literally destroys before you even reach them... if you want the battle to be in the middle than the heal stations should be in the middle... or at least put walls around the arena edges, so you don't fall when you reach for healing stations...
Feel free to use my referral link, for 7 day premium and a bunch of cool stuffs, which would actually cost cartel coins

Khaleijo
08.06.2017 , 03:32 PM | #2
There is a group effort needed, talk to your group, with the attack from Joss someone else should hit the kolto station not the person getting hit.
Vallk usually knocks back and then people are safe from knock backs for a certain time, so again someone just should hit a kolto right after the knock back and return to the middle.
That makes this a lot easier.

Yes, the one clicking does get a bigger heal, but with those two it is much more sensible to not run to click the kolto as 'tank' and let the others take care of that. If there are classes who are able to avoid the kick, assign them to the kolto stations. And remind them to hit a station early, not wait until someone is almost dead.
Freund werben, 7 Tage Probeabo: www.swtor.com/r/GJhHrY

MrNihulus
08.07.2017 , 01:56 PM | #3
I think the difficulty varies of the player role and level, If you are in a group of low levels or in an all dps group, it will be very difficult without a tank and healer.

CaptainBlackjack
08.20.2017 , 01:28 PM | #4
This is one Flash Point that is over tuned for Vetran runs it takes good coordination and well geared players to be succesfull which is the standard formula for Master Mode. Going into Vetran mode with the standard group set will very often bring in lower lvls and all dps which is pretty much a fail most of the time and add to that the fact you don't even find out till halfway thru the run it becomes a huge waste of time. I have found most players will bail as soon as they zone in and realize what FP they are in. some will stay long enough to see the lvl and group make up then leave if there is no tank or heals or too many low levels, I do this myself if no tank and heals are in because I can't be bothered with wasting my time ony to fail. If the Devs kept statisticks on unfinished FP's this one would be number 1 no doubt.
“I find your lack of faith disturbing."

SeCKSEgai
08.20.2017 , 03:18 PM | #5
If I remember correctly veteran is equivalent to HM from 4.0 - then again now that master existed it may be tiered differently.

To give you an idea, there was a time where most people couldn't get past the first boss in HM during 4.0. I ended up doing it with some guildies that I raided with regularly at the time to make sure everyone was more than capable.

Given that you actually still have healing stations and didn't get stuck at the first boss, I think its safe to assume it's not terribly difficult for someone familiar with doing hms (the stuff harder KP/EV HM). With that said, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanics.

You'd still probably want your standard 2 dps 1 tank 1 heal configuration. From there its just understanding how to move during the fight - like primarily staying in the middle but spacing out for certain aoes. You generally don't want the tank to hit the station directly and its far safer for someone who doesn't have threat to hit the station.
Réiyn - Maryss - Rölánd - Monéy - Retrocide - Reiyñ

Rélentless - Reíyn - Rölañd - Tàtiana

nyrkverse
08.21.2017 , 12:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SeCKSEgai View Post
If I remember correctly veteran is equivalent to HM from 4.0 - then again now that master existed it may be tiered differently.
no they just renamed things. veteran flashpoints are the old tacticals, master flashpoints are the old hardmode and story ones=solo. of course with ops it's story, veteran (HM) and master (nim) because, consistency
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

SteveTheCynic
08.23.2017 , 02:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
no they just renamed things. veteran flashpoints are the old tacticals, master flashpoints are the old hardmode and story ones=solo. of course with ops it's story, veteran (HM) and master (nim) because, consistency
Story = Easiest level
Master = Hardest
Veteran = Between the two.

If you think of it like that, it makes more sense. SM Ops are easier than HM, which are easier than NiM. Solo FPs are easier than Tac FPs which are easier than HM. Or something like that, anyway.

Leaving aside the small point that a group doing HMFPs is probably made of better players who will have an easier time of it than four randoms who aren't properly geared and so on in the equivalent TFP.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

bgstranger
12.16.2017 , 03:12 PM | #8
I'll bring this thread out of the dust, because I'm a bit angry right now.
So, Vet mode - me/slinger/, Commando and two sentinels, all 70. Mando is in 248, me with 246/8 and the rest a little bit low, but this have to be a fine group for a damn Vet mode FP.
But there are Jos and Valk...
I'm ignoring the fact that Valk can melt you for seconds with her Sweeping fire(witch is unavoidable) if you don't pop some CD and that Jos can kiss you to death with his Maul. No. I'm talking about a broken mechanic.
So I'm the last man standing, but Jos is almost dead and i know that if i kill him, I can survive Valk alone. But RNG part of this fight has different plans for my poor gunslinger.
I'm standing in the middle of the arena and put everything i get to burn Jos and then miracle happen - Valk kick me to the edge of the platform and Jos finish me with a second kick... What in the world skill do i have to use to avoid this(hunker was on CD)? No boss fight should have mechanic that can't be avoided if it means certain death!
Alt+F4 and i pop here...

From now on, I'll leave at the moment when I see BH pop on GF.

masterceil
12.18.2017 , 05:59 AM | #9
I just did VM BH the other day... My Lv50ish Vanguard tank, and three people from a different guild - two Sage healers in their 50s and a Guardian tank Lv70. Yeah, two healers, two tanks... And that's what they really were, no secret DPS. None of them were very good at their roles, but they were indeed attempting to tank and heal.

Jos+Valk took a while, but there were only a couple of times where we were in any danger of dying, even with the noobish healers. One of them was acting like a DPS (Disturbance, Project, slingin' pebbles), and the other looked to only know to use Rejuvenate, Healing Trance, and Wandering Mend. I only felt the need to touch the kolto stations like twice the whole fight. So the first time I ran to one, I did get knocked off...

...and dropped off on the edge of the arena. Alive. With the same health I had when I went down.

Tf you lot cryin' about? My midbie tank with one shield survived with basically one bad healer. Getting knocked off the edge doesn't even kill you anymore. They nerfed tf out this fight, much to my disappointment. You want a gorram padded room to bounce around in while they shoot you with Nerf darts? gtfoh
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Seireeni
12.18.2017 , 06:44 AM | #10
There seems to be some situations when you get knocked off and just teleport to the edge of the arena, but most of the time you still end up knocked to the lava. Or, that's how it happened last time I did it a month or so ago.

It's less of an issue when you have high-ish level healer and/or tank -- group of 4 lowbie dps will have very difficult time. Moving the koltos to the middle alone would help a lot.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp