Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Invasion of the Gold Sellers to the GTN

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Invasion of the Gold Sellers to the GTN

AshurDarksoul
08.14.2017 , 05:16 PM | #1
Recently, at least on my server, there has been a flood of sellers of end game crafted items on the GTN. 246 enhancements, mods, barrels, hilts etc. I've tried to follow these characters as best that I could. I don't know for sure they are gold sellers but the circumstances are very odd. And yes, I craft these wares and it is frustrating to compete with someone that is almost online 24/7 because ...well...making credits to sale is their job.

A few oddities:
First, their wears, and they sell in bulk, all have the identity of the crafter worn off. Indicating either the crafter has been deleted (unlikely) or the items have been transferred from a "base" server to the target server to generate credits to sale.

Second, I've tracked these characters and a lot of the selling characters are level 1 characters hidden away on Nar Shadda (if they read this they will likely change).

I haven't made characters on other servers to see if the same culprits can be identified on other servers but I speculate that they are there.

As I've said, I do not know if these characters are legitimate players or gold sellers. I cannot post their names on the forums without rule violations.

If you speculate the this may be the case, I'm not sure reporting/ sending a ticket will help. I would hope those opposed to these guys would choose not to save the one credit and avoid buying their wares.

-Ashur

This is NOT the Friends Referral Link your looking for ...
http://www.swtor.com/r/bzx7pl

PiiTarr
08.14.2017 , 05:39 PM | #2
Gold Sellers have been on the GTN for quite some time, but this is the first I've heard of them selling crafted gear. Typically they have posted hypercrates, packs, and character server slots and tokens.

psandak
08.14.2017 , 06:16 PM | #3
I'm with PiiTarr, I do not think these are gold sellers. More likely they are players with an abundance of exotic materials and just crafted a bunch of stuff to sell; I do it all the time.

Question: what are the prices they are posting at? Very low, Very high.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

AshurDarksoul
08.14.2017 , 06:38 PM | #4
They actually compete through undercutting. However, I had one try to bottom the price recently.

Dunno,
-Ashur

Vercundus
08.15.2017 , 12:14 AM | #5
Cannot report someone for posting on GTN! That itself is not violation of rules. Since we cannot determine how they obtained mats, this topic seems like shot in the dark.

Another possible explanation, that actually happened to me. I have a bunch of mats from OPs, Conquest, FPs... but only recently got schematics in order to craft 246 stuff. Similar might be happening.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

AshurDarksoul
08.15.2017 , 05:33 AM | #6
Like i indicated in my initial post, i do not know for sure that these players are facilitating selling credits from a credit selling site. Their activity is very suspicious. Is it possible these players are true players? That is possible. I would be surprised if a legitamite player goes through the trouble of crafting dozens upon dozens of end game crafted wares, transfers to other servers just to sell them. Again i could be surprised.

These players, and on my server we have recently had about 3-4 pop up, all have the same or similar pattern. Level 1 characters tucked away on nar shadda, crafted items hiding the identity of their makers. One strange thing ive noticed also is that they have yet to compete with each other.

Also, you can report them. Whether or not bioware investigates or not is out of players hands. As is our knowledge of what kind of tracking bioware can do to figure these players out. And of course how well they have concealed their activities, which, it appears they have gone to great lengths to do.

Again, it is all suspicious.

-Ashur

Aeneas_Falco
08.15.2017 , 08:17 AM | #7
Any chance these are just whales playing the market?

Some players religiously watch GTN prices on on all the servers, and if one high end item is selling for a lot less on one they'll buy up, transfer to the server where it is listed high, and sell there. Mostly they do that with Cartel Market items, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few had expanded into also buying and relisting high end crafted stuff.

Are there any level restrictions to character transfers? If not the level 1s might just be alts used to server transfer and buy/sell.

Just speculating.

On the other hand I've noticed some crafting oddities of late, too. There are players who occasionally dump mid range crafted armor sets on the server for rock bottom prices, and not just one or two items, but like 7 to 10 at a time. (and critical hits for crafted armor sets don't spawn duplicates, they spawn augmented)

I've been buying and relisting and making money off of them long term, but I do wonder if maybe I'm buying from the mat farming bots who can afford to list well below market prices for the mats. Always different names, too.

orangenee
08.15.2017 , 09:34 AM | #8
Now the Revan Reborn armour is available again it will get worse.

From what I understand that used to be a super rare armour set. Oh the gen chat is going to be fun.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Kernel_Cinders
08.15.2017 , 02:07 PM | #9
I play on Begeren Colony and I have seen players selling items that have had their name completely removed. When you see an item that has had the crafter's name removed, that means that the item was bought on another server and then transferred to another server.

I have characters on every server so whenever I want to check what the going price on something I check Jedi Covenant, Harbinger, Shadowlands, and Ebon Hawk to see what the average prices are because Begeren Colony, overall, is more expensive due to less players selling on the GTN.

Recently I have upgraded a bunch of my alts to have 246 Ear, Implants, Mods, and Enhancements. An item going for 1-1.5M on other more populated servers was going for 5-6M on my server and there was no way I was going to pay my server's prices, so I moved one of my characters to another server, bought what I wanted, then moved them back. That was when I noticed the crafter name being erased from the items.

I didn't do it to resell the items, but if I had wanted to, I could have easily tripled my investment. That's basically what is going on but it doesn't mean they are selling credits and nothing they are doing is against the rules. If a person can buy 100M worth of items and resell them for 300M for only 180CC (90CC per transfer) then they are going to do it and there's really nothing that can be done about it.

KC

SeCKSEgai
08.16.2017 , 04:07 AM | #10
I would suggest to the OP that they worry less about the potential of gold sellers and to recognize that crafting in general is not all that profitable unless you almost exclusively devote to strictly that.

Keep in mind that DvL meant a lot of people rolled alts and thus have more potential crafters.

With the focus on instant 60/65s the market for lower level crafted items barely exists where once there was high demand.

End game crafting profitability is really limited, even more so in this GC system. You'll generally find there's not a lot of meat on bone between the craft mats value and a finished product.

Typically you'll either face competition for the high ticket items on a high pop server and on a low pop server the crafting mats are too expensive to make significant profit per item.

Side note - while most people aren't fond of gold sellers, if they didn't see potential opportunity in game that would likely imply far worse things about the overall state of the game.
Réiyn - Maryss - Rölánd - Monéy - Retrocide - Reiyñ

Rélentless - Reíyn - Rölañd - Tàtiana